Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by nippie, Aug 15, 2012.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Hey what's up with the FF this year?

By no means am I volunteering to set it up, fuck MrA had to explain the concept to me last year....but was wondering if it's in the works.

Oh, yea I'm in fucking business!!!!:coolbounce:

Moving shit again soon, but for now in a safe secure location in hickville, usa

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Scotty ran it last year and he's MIA right now. Any volunteers? I'm in this year if side bets are allowed.

3. nippie

I nominate MrA:thumbs-up:

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I've never set-up a league before. I could check into it. I played Yahoo and Football Network (won) last yr. I liked FN's set-up better.

Maybe it's NFL Network? I lost all my favorites when I recently had my computer cleaned.

5. nippie

Last years was on Yahoo but it was weird because you had two qbs, 6 rec, etc...basically like two teams in one that played every week. Kinda of confusing but I had beginners luck and came in 2nd.

I honestly don't know what's supposed to be normal for FF or I would try to set it up. I figured you have played enough times that you'd be able to throw one together.

When's the deadline for setting up a league? Preseason started so I think we may have only a couple of weeks.

BTW, how long has scotty been gone? I thought he was Alaska, isn't it legal up there, or did he make a trip to Thailand for a vacation:kidding:

6. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

That's the way he set it up. Two QB's is gay, IMO. I only play when it's set-up as a real team.

I'll look into it.

7. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Google NFL Network. That's where I'll open an acct.

Gotta run the boys first, though!

8. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

OK. Seems pretty easy to set-up. I didn't notice a deadline, but draft has to happen before 1 st reg. season game.

What I need: suggestion(s) for a league name and 4, 6, 8, or 10 teams (members) and your email for the computer you'll be using, otherwise I can't 'invite' you.

Let's get crackin' :thumbsup:

9. nippie

sent you pm with a safe email...you think we bump this thread for at least the next 2 weeks to see how many teams we can get?

10. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

11. nippie

:bump:

really only 4 so far :wtf?:

12. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I'm no good at keeping up with FF, but if you need more players, let me know. I can be a player. :smokin:

13. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

We can play with 4, if need be. The computer might even add strangers prior to the draft; not sure how that works.

Any ideas for a league name? Something MJ-related?

14. nippie

I know at least one that's a smoker not a grower that would play if asked, I just can't let him know I do what I do....lol, well I guess most already know, but yea I'll ask if need be before total strangers...

League name and first place...now that's a decision.

I'll have a few beans (literally :icon_confused:) for first place, my collection is gone but i have a few in my hands and I'm sure I'll have more mail within the next month or so. As long as its friendly and just us GKer's

15. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

League names: The Long Bongers.The Big Hitters. The Kind Killers.

The Kush Kings.

I'll keep thinking of more.

Peace....

16. nippie

you in dlr?

17. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

No prizes. That would be against the rules here.

I like competing just for the bragging rights!

You in, dlr42?

18. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

The Green Machines. Big Bad Buds. The Tackling Terepines. The Wonderful Weeders.

19. nippie

my bad MrA and Admin, didn't think that would violate terms here.

so we're up to 6 then?

be nice to have 10

20. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I only have email addys from you and lion, so that's only 3 of us. First come, first served.

Anyone can play, I just thought GK peeps would be fun. Get me his addy and we'll use him as an alternate. Nobody need bring-up GK during 'football season'.