is this soil anygood?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by blisteddd, Feb 9, 2006.

1. blisteddd

blisteddd Germinated

i just got new soil black and gold all purpose potting soil Canadian Sphagnum peat moss compost forest humus earthworm castings and perlite and pumis is this anygood? at first i got the 3 month MG feeding stuff

2. Joe Gardener

Joe Gardener Full Flowering

Sounds good.

I'd mix a little green sand or kelp meal , some bone meal and depending on how much is in it more perlite.

Soil mixes to avoid are one containing sand.

sand does nothing to feed plants.

Take and fill your container. water well and let sit to allow ph's to settle in the mix before transplant.

Iron like the kind I've used in B1 for plants seems to help young plants and I love liquid kelp.

3. blisteddd

blisteddd Germinated

where can i get this liquid kelp at?

4. blisteddd

blisteddd Germinated

and should i burry it up almost to the leaves?

5. danstoy50

danstoy50 New Sprout

I use to use the black gold potting soil, it's good soil but requires feeding real soon . with in three weeks. with good nutes , If you have a nuresey in your town check to see if they make there own soil, if they do use it as, it is good soil.

I buy nothing but the soil my nursey sells there own and it;s great soil. saves the hasle of building your own unless your into doing that. and it was cheap like 7.47 per 50lb bag

they are in the bussines to sell good looking plants , so there not going to use **** soil hope it helps Dan

6. blisteddd

blisteddd Germinated

yeah i need to know what to feed them>? and where can i get liquid kelp at?

7. Joe Gardener

online or a local nursery.

I like this site but google if you like.

" target="_blank">http://www.groworganic.com/item_F1....html

Cold-processed liquid kelp Enzymatically digested, concentrated liquid extract of California Bull Kelp (Nereocystis luetkeana), harvested from kelp beds in the Pacific Ocean off the Northern coast of CA. Freshly harvested kelp is rapidly processed at low temperatures, using naturally occurring enzymes isolated from the kelp, to digest and liquify the chopped kelp into a dark liquid extract. This cold water enzymatic process preserves all the very important hormones, auxins, giberillins, enzymes, proteins, vitamins and minerals found in Bull Kelp, which is internationally recognized for its high concentration of active compounds that greatly stimulate the growth and productivity of plants. Product is then stabilized with the addition of natural humic acids which have been digested with enzymes and mixed with the kelp concentrate.

8. Joe Gardener

Quote: from blisteddd on 6:13 pm on Feb. 8, 2006
    and should i burry it up almost to the leaves?

I doubt it..

have a look at ppl's gardens here..

9. blisteddd

blisteddd Germinated

yeah but could i get that at any store?>

10. danstoy50

danstoy50 New Sprout

11. halfbreed420

halfbreed420 Begun Flowering

Check your local nurseries. You'll be surprised at what you can find.