How can you tell what plants are which?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by the Dude, Feb 8, 2006.

1. the Dude

the Dude Developed Alternating Nodes

After reading the posts, all of which have been wonderfully informative and entertaining, thank you, I would love to tknow how do you know what is Northern Lights #5. what is Blueberry, how the heck can you tell?

2. Harshtoker

Harshtoker New Sprout

I tell by whatever the name is on the packet of seeds

3. Oxycotin

Oxycotin Full Flowering

lol, me 2

4. danstoy50

danstoy50 New Sprout

any time you are growing more than 1 strain, you should use a tomestone, to mark your plants so you will know which one is which. now if 1 was indica and 1 was sativa then you can tell the diff, but if they are both indicas or sativas, then good luck as they look pretty much the same hope it helps for the future Dan

5. halfbreed420

halfbreed420 Begun Flowering

You should mark your pots or something to let you know what is what. I would guess however that at the end of your grows you could figure which is which by comparing pictures on the internet and asking people that had grown those strains. Doesn't blueberry turn...well, blue?

6. Oxycotin

Oxycotin Full Flowering

i dunno, i never seen it but i doubt it, its all mj, and i could probly grow a commercial plant and say it was blue b, and ppl would believe it;)

they all look alike 2 me at least.

i remember one time when i was younger..i went to Connecticut with some freinds, we ran low on money so i got this great idea, we went and bought a bag of that Mexican dirt weed, (a quarter for $20, gives u an idea how killer it was) and rolled it all up in joints.

then i walked around sellin em as "maine greenbud" for $10 a joint! ahh those were the days, but damn what a bunch of suckers;)

the best part was when ppl kept comin back for more sayin how good it was, lol.

(Edited by Oxycotin at 1:29 pm on Feb. 8, 2006)

7. runzwsczrs

runzwsczrs Begun Flowering

gotta love somebody takin advantage of the stoners...

8. boyin

boyin Germinated

most plants will look or grow differently.. whether it is more leaves. or leaf setup.. smell and color.. my suggestion.. ya.. look at the package..mark the pots.. but if its too late.. go to a seed buying website. and check the pics next to the seed type. it should give you some idea. and if its blueberry. trust me you will smell it

9. the Dude

Seeds etc

I was just wondering. I got the seeds from my roommates brother, who sifted them out of a bag or two. So I probably am growing at least 4 different strains. WHAT FUN!!!!

wish me luck

10. jerseydude

jerseydude Banned

Good Luck! :D

Maybe you'll have a pot-pourri of females. :rolleyes:

(Get it. pot pourri? :p

OK I'll go away now)

11. the Dude

some look great, others....

I have 2 plants that are a week and a half post sprout, dark green, looking very very nice. 4 -plants that look indica (wide leaves) but are a light green, and I have 2 plants (# weeks veg)that look scaley on the leaves, light green in parts Hard to describe. The 2 bigger ones I started in a chia pet herb garden sponge and they look weird. Who knows, they might turn out ok.