Back again, an interesting comparison

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Domin8rix, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Kind Cola

Kind Cola Loves White Rino

Looking real good Domin8rix.. I agree C99xAK47 sounds like a great cross Good luck with your grow

2. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

OK... updates updates updates.

First, my beautiful new ballast! :love4:

[​IMG]

It's totally, completely, utterly silent... I'm truly amazed. Also the lamp was burning at 100% intensity within 45 seconds of turning on. I haven't had any problems with electrical interfearance, I even took a call on my cell while sitting right next to it. Not sure about my internet yet but I'll test that tonight and let ya'll know.

Second, my AK surprised the pants off me and turned out to be a girl! Well, I'm not one to go against providence so I took some clones for my next go-round in the flower chamber.

[​IMG]

Lastly; here's a shot of my poor ladies finally getting the light they crave once more.

[​IMG]

That's all for now... hopefully my ladies will recover and start paking on the OZ now that they have a sun again!

-------Dom

3. GrassMaster

GrassMaster medicinal chronic

OHHH!!!! Sexy ballast...........

Glad to hear your lit up again DM8X. Can't wait to watch the girls get fat...........

4. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I know there is innuendo there somewhere....

Glad you got your sunshine back Dom! :smoke2:

5. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Thanks guys!!! I can't believe how light this ballast is. I can pick it up with one hand and I'm not all that strong. It doesn't get hot either, just a little bit warm. I'm going to compare my last month's power bill to this month's power bill and see if I'm saving any money too as supposedly electric ballasts are more efficient than magnetic ones. I was going to cheap out and get another magnetic ballast but the shipping cost was insane because they are so damn heavy that this only cost me a few extra bucks so I figured what the hell.

6. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

That looks like my new ballast. Is it a 1000w futurebrite. I just got one and I didn't notice a change in the power bill. But it runs the lamps alot brighter

GrassMaster likes this.
  7. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Well, here we are, back on track *whew* I was a bit worried there for a little while. As you can see my internet works fine... so no interference at all!

Anyhoo, here's an update on my girls:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-------Dom

8. GrassMaster

Dm8rx- how far into flower are these now, sorry I am stoned for once. I've been dry times lately, but got ahold of some pretty good NL from a buddy who owed me a favor,heheehhe. I am fucking cooked right now, woooooohoooooooo................

9. ElektroBuds

ElektroBuds Veggy Stage

lookin good + nice ballast

10. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

About halfway through week 4 right now... so they're a little behind but not doing too bad.

11. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...nice...

...dom...

...not too shabby...not too shabby at all...

I didn't read the entire thread...sorry...I will go back eventually and see this op's humble beginnings...

...suffice to say...week 4 or so you say...not too shabby...I will check back...

...gotta little batch I'll share with you all here soon...

DC

12. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Well, it's week 4 of flower. They should be a lot fatter than this; my last grow looked more like this during week 4:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But that's what happens when you loose 5 days of growth due to having them be under ~200W of fluorescent light instead of 1000W of HPS light :angry: stupid ballast anyways. They will do OK though; hopefully they'll just take an extra week to be done and not actually loose much weight.

13. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Well, things are looking up! My clones are healthy, my vegging plants are taking over my veg chamber and my girls in flower are getting fat and stinky!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-------Dom

14. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Wow... I'm sooooo glad I bought an extra lamp at the same time I bought my ballast because my lamp JUST blew. I'm not upset that it went on me; after all this is the first time I have had to replace a lamp... which is pretty amazing. I've gotta say I think I'm going to start replacing them every year as the one I just put in is a LOT brighter than the old one. I read that ballast manufacturers recommend replacing the lamp every 6 months or so but I thought they just wanted me to spend more money...

-------Dom

15. Bud Greenright

Bud Greenright In the garden, you?

Once again looking good.:love4: A good example of how an experienced grower can overcome sudden unexpected set backs but still make the plant produce what you want it to. You are the Dominatrix of your plants.

Have you gone to just floros in your veging chamber? or are you using the HPS. My experience is you will get the branch stretching with the hps more than the floros.

16. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Thanks! Heh heh, yeah I whip my ladies into shape... nothing like some tough love to get results :evil4: but yeah, a combination of skill, luck and thinking ahead saved my bacon this time. I actually threw a breaker when the lamp blew too or else my poor ladies would have been in the dark all day long.

I'm using floros in my veg chamber but I find that vegging them for a week or so under the HPS before switching to flower makes a BIG difference in how even the canopy is and how tight the nodes on the buds are.

-------Dom

17. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Well, things are finally REALLY taking off :) It's a relief to see my ladies progressing as fast as they are, I think I'm set for another record-breaking (for me) harvest! Here's some quick pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's crazy how there aren't any hairs turning red yet... oh well, the longer they take to finish the heavier they will be right? The only 'problem' is that I have clones taking over my veg chamber so I had to put the largest one in to flower and she's so damn big they get in each other's way a little bit, but not too bad. I put the new girl in the corner; hopefully she'll forgive me :suave: I'm looking forward to seeing how she does in here.

[​IMG]

Anyhoo, that's all for today's grow show, hope you enjoy!

-------Dom

18. GrassMaster

Coming along nicely D8X!!!! I think you'll get those 5 days back in the end, no worries.

Peace

19. nikoatnight

nikoatnight Full Flowering

Yupppppppppp Loooooooooooooooking Goodddd! Enjoy!

20. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a quick update... they're growing like MAD!!! :love4:

-------Dom