REPUTATION SYSTEM : post from wawona

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by trillions of atoms, Sep 7, 2006.

1. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

""Here's what we can all do. there is a reputation system in place here. There is a way to approve or disapprove an individula post. IN the upper right of each post there is a set of scales. click on that and approve or disapprove a particular post. It will raise or lower that persons credibility. thus allowing people to see what each person is about. It's not a solution, but it is something We can all do to help.""- WAWONA

if we all did this it would help us let the noobs weed-out the dumbasses.....im starting to go back and dissaprove all the bad info threads....and i think you should do the same!!!!!! i will also start giving props to all the peeps that are kikin in round here....i wish i knew about this system when it first got started!!!

TheApprentice and bubblegump like this.
  2. buddomi

buddomi Banned

3. bubblegump

bubblegump Latae Sententiae Excommunication

4. trillions of atoms

lol

what about spreading it around? whats that all about?

5. Project-X

Project-X Mayor of Trichome Valley

Where do ya check for someone's rep????

6. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Im not down with that. Its just one more way to impose your own personal judgment on people simply by what they wrote.

When i was in school i hung with the popular crowd but when i seen someone being picked on or made fun of, id go chill with them and talk it up with them, and remind em that the people "Judging you" just need to put someone under them to feel bigger. What im getting at is this is just gonna make people look down on others with no rep and think the ones with rep are KINGS OF THE PLAYGROUND.

I really dont care if we do use REP, but im not judging peoples threads. :cool:

~~~I think the judging of threads should be kept in the information part of the site, not in smokerslounge or politics.~~~~

7. bubblegump

bubblegump Latae Sententiae Excommunication

8. trillions of atoms

thanks bubble gump :) thats exactly what im getting at....

9. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

you cannot leave reputation for the same person twice without leaving reputation on several others first. this keeps people from ruining people's reputation just for the hell of it.

10. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Wa is right. Webby set it up so that it prevents just what you all fear. He 'splained' it to us once and it sounded very fair. I can't give the details though...was too stoned at the time and just don't feel like looking for the thread at this moment (too stoned NOW!). Needless to say...the system is there to be used...or not. Up to the individual really. Nobody is gonna twist your arm to do so. :cool:

11. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

hey dan, i don't see how it can be a popularity contest. NOBODY but the person that reputaion was left on can see what was left and why. Whether it was good or bad. All the other users would see was the catchy lil one liner that is displayed as your rep level. Like I said, my reputation says, "wawona is on a distinguished road". If you don't have any rep points built up or it's turned off it would say, "wawona is an unknown quantity." just as examples.

i get where you are coming from on not being able to leave rep on posts in politics or the lounge. But there's no way to distinguish forums when it comes ot rep.

it is simply a guide that could be used by new members to "get a feel" for who they are getting advice from. Kinda like having the photo/garden link below your name. just lets folks "know" whos is for real. It's not like every member can see "your" actual reputation points or the comments that were left.

i just wanted to say that because the last thing we are trying to accomplish here is separating folks by popularity.

like herb said, it's there to be used or not. no big deal.....

I just think that if the regulars here dole out reputation responsibly it would be an "incentive", so to speak.

I don't know. :confused:

ya'll know it was cool when you were a newb and one of the "veterans" said something positive about you or you grow. :) made me wanna be more active or be more positive any way. I would have loved to got some positive feedback on a post back in the day. a lil pat on the back never hurt anyone. even if it is in a lame ass pot growing, alternative lifestyle website. :cool:

damn, i busted up some blunt roaches that had been smeared with some honey oil and smoked 'em in a bowl and started typing. SHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

12. Administrator

LOL...step away from the roaches Wa. :D

13. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

Hey WA where are those one lines posted, seems like you can only see your own rep points and not others.

14. mouse over the little box under 'total posts' in the top right of the person's post. at least, that's how i get it on firefox.

15. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

I seee, seems like almost everyone is on a distinguished road...

16. Administrator

Everyone is given the benefit of the doubt to start with Chop.....even the red Chinese. :p

17. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

I got ya! I guess i just wanst sure how this REP thing was working...

No biggie.

18. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

meessa understanding now master wbla-wbla-wbla ;)

19. stickifingers

stickifingers Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Put me on the ignorant list. This place has changed a lot! Stuff looks good though.

How's it hangin there Herbals?

20. skunknhaze

skunknhaze Veggy Stage

I'm with you C D that shit ain't cool if I don't like there advice just won't put it to use but I'm not here to judge people just there pics but thats just me