church and State

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fishman, Mar 29, 2005.

1. smotpoker

smotpoker Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Quote: from nobogart on 1:09 pm on Mar. 30, 2005
    The cover-up was initiated soon after the Roswell, N.M.      crash. We wanted to know - 1) Who they were, 2) Why they were      here, 3) How their technology worked. The cover-up became a      matter of NATIONAL SECURITY (a blanket word covering secrecy and      deception). The cover-up involves secret organizations within our      government such as MJ-12, PI-40, MAJI, Delta, the Jason Scholars,      & known intelligence organizations such as Naval Intelligence,      Air Force Office of Special Investigation, the Defence      Investigative Service, the CIA, NSA, and more! It involves THINK      TANKS such as RAND, the Ford Foundation, the Aspen Institute, &      Brookings Institute. It involves corporations such as Bechtel,      GE, ITT, Amoco, Northrup, Lockheed, & many others. It involves      SECRET SOCIETIES who may be the hidden bosses of the orchestrated      events (i.e. economic collapse, wars, assassin- ations,      conspiracies to manipulate & control humans & thereby to exercise      enormous power over the destiny of the human race) - the      Illuminati, Masons, Knights of Malta, etc. The individual players      are too numerous to list. The whole of this conspiracy forms an      INTERLOCKING NEXUS. The goal is said to be a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT      (or Dictatorship)!       "'The Underground Nation' - The RAND symposium held on Deep      Underground Construction indicated that plans were hatched during      the 50's to build underground bases, laboratories, & city-      complexes linked by a stupendous network of tunnels to preserve &      protect the ongoing secret interests of the secret societies.

just so you know nobogart, what you typed up above makes sense to me.

2. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

thanks smotpoker.

Human beings are largely free of direct control. Each individual HAS TO CONSCIOUSLY COMMIT HIMSELF TO ONE OF THE OPPOSING FORCES... "The battle is for what is known as the human soul. "Once an individual has committed himself, he openes a door so that an indefinable something can actually enter his body and exercise some control over his subconscious mind. (According to Judeo-Christian teaching, THIS would either be the incorruptable Spirit of the Messiah or the soul-destroying spirit of anti-Christ, the serpent, Satan, etc. Just as nature hates a vacuum, so does the human soul and spirit. In other words, what i am saying is that the human spirit cannot work entirely of it's own volition, but must serve as a channel or a vessel of a 'higher power', whether that power is good or evil. The act of 'free will' which is given to man is a 'choice' over which of these powers to submit to or serve, and to accept personal responsibility for that choice. It is the greatest presumption to believe that finite beings like ourselves can choose to be neutral in this ancient battle between the Angelic forces of Light and Life, and the fallen demoniacal powers of Darkness and Death. Neither side will allow for 'neutral territory', in this case human souls, because the stakes in this Cosmic Conflict are too high.

3. Professor ChumLeaf

Professor ChumLeaf A Fat Sticky Bud

Neither side will allow for 'neutral territory', in this case human souls, because the stakes in this Cosmic Conflict are too high.

Damn straight, just give me something to believe in...that's all...and then this...would that be cubed stakes, or sirloin...too high, cosmic conflict...let me just say this...

I got a blister on my finger, and it hurts...

And this pain you call disaster, never flirts...

Cross the miles and the desert, empty dirt...

Back away, leave the fray, evil lurks...

But it's not me babe...don't ya' see...

Ain't no dogma gonna set me free...

now as i was saying...reverse engineer this: !sdik rof era skcirt, stibbar ylliS :baked:

4. Lamont Pontoon

Lamont Pontoon Full Flowering

Jeepers nobo, all that and no mention of " The Jedi Mindtrick "?

I think I liked vague ominous threats of doom better.

What about the individual that commits to no opposing force, a freelancer, works for good or evil depending on whos paying better? Surely theres got to be some of them.

5. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

:roll: @ Chum

Silly wabbits :animbong:

6. fishman

fishman Cured Fat Sticky Bud

What does all this have to do with the thread I started?

MY point is not that jurors should be able to pray to God or consult the Bible. My point is that if a Christian can't consult the Bible then why do people have to swear on it in a court. If I'm on trial I sure as hell don't want any Jesus freaks in the jury. this is real life and I don't want the people with my life in their hands consulting the chemical imbalance in their brain that they call Jesus. If a Christian wants a christian jury then let them have one. But asking a Christian not to use the Bible in making a decision is like asking a wolf to guard your sheep. In a trial by my peers there would not be a single Christian or member of any other religious group unless they are Buddhists.

7. Professor ChumLeaf

But asking a Christian not to use the Bible in making a decision is like asking a wolf to guard your sheep.

Lmao...Phish...sorry to stomp all over yer' thread...keep in mind there friend...we are all a bunch of stoners here...what did you expect from a motley crue like us?...

Lighten up, Phish...and repeat after me...it's only a screen, it's only a screen...

...there now, feelin' better yet?...Swim on, bro...and watch out for Moby...:baked:Chum

8. fishman

Wasn't aware I lost my cool? Hmmm

9. homegrownho

homegrownho Germinated

just to butt in...

I'm not sure I want people to be able to use their personal take on what god wants to determine whether or not I've done something wrong. I mean, what happens when these people start deciding cases based on whether or not the person works on Sundays, or whether or not they've made enough tithing, or whether or not they chastise their children and slaves sufficiently?

If you start to let something as amorphous as "religion" dictate how you are going to affect people's lives in the real world, what's to stop them from applying whatever whacked out garbage they want to in order to lock up (or even kill) whoever they see fit? I don't really want to get to the point where christians (or any other organized religious group) are hauling people into court for having a burnt out taillight and then sentencing them to death because they didn't have a little statue of whatever god the majority currently prays to on their dashboard or whatever.

10. fishman

Exactly right Homegrown. But that is what you will get with Christians on a jury. Noway around it. It's just the nature of things. I guess the lawyers who don't want Christians better weed them out in the selection process.

11. UKnow

UKnow Guest

While you are at it weed out the atheists too cause they have no respect for life oh my and don’t forget the masons, shriners, astronomers, and evolutionists I mean they may use their beliefs to influence their decisions too...

Get the point yet?

do any of you know that the last roman emporer was the first pope of the roman catholic church?

how about the fact that a young john paul II worked as a gas salesman back in poland? mustard gas that is! and his main customer? the NAZI`s. read sheeple!

(Edited by UKnow at 1:43 pm on April 13, 2005)

12. fishman

The first pope was pter an apostle of christ.

13. SD

SD Cured Fat Sticky Bud

:lmao: @ this thread

This has to be the apitomy of a stoner thread.

Concerning Fishes original post. Agreed Fish there is no way in HELL I would want a jury of Bible thumping Jesus freaks determining whether I live or die OR spend copius amounts of time in prison due to crimes commited simply based on 2,500 year old scripture written in of all places the Middle East.

Real life and Middle Eastern scripture rarely mix IMO(although there is some scripture that makes sense) and when they do its a recipe for distaster many times because lets face it... anyone who actually believes another human being(whether they be good or bad) is going to burn in an 'eternal pit of hellfire' for the simple action of not adhering to the same religious beliefs as they do... has alot of growing up to do imo.

Point made Fish lets leave 'scripture' out of the courtroom and base our decisions concerning whether to take a life or not, on logic.

Nobos posts...Yes there are probably thousands of people holding office and in high places within their communities that have plans to escape the impending doom known as the end of the world.

Anyone who doesnt believe a large meteor or meteors for that matter could strike this planet at any given time destroying life as we know it and the human race simultaneously is sadly mistaken... We live in a volatile universe planets are beaten by meteors daily volcanic eruptions have wiped out whole citys and regions volcanic gasses trapped under lakes have done the same...the point being anythings possible nobo youre correct and I dont doubt there are individuals planning for such events and individuals manipulating other human beings concerning control(adolf hitler) as we speak however it has always been so my friend...So what do we do?

We live our lives and take it as it comes one day at a time.

14. giveusabreak

giveusabreak Germinated

Quote: from SD on 11:00 am on April 15, 2005

This has to be the apitomy of a stoner thread.

it's fucking Epitome man

15. Mrs B

Mrs B Guest

and it's LUDICROUS, not ludicris or ludacris

:roll:

16. Professor ChumLeaf

I see the grammar police are on patrol...lmao...:baked:Chum

17. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

:roll: @ PC

That'll learn 'um! [​IMG]

18. nightstalker420

nightstalker420 New Sprout

politics and religion, now that a deadly combo... its like mixing 151 with everclear, no matter what you say or do you end up on your ass.... lol

19. fishman

last I checked it wasn't a religious discussion. It's about having christians on a jury and expecting them not to use their knowledge of the bible. It's just their nature. To ask them not to consult the bible is like PB with no J. If the courts don't want them using the bible then they shouldn't have christians on a jury.

20. SD

SD Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I cant spell epitome or ludacrous right what is this world coming to:lmao:...who gives a ****? I cant spell half the english language correctly and could barely do simple math without straining:lmao: after having brain damage.

Doing pretty good for a guy who suffered severe brain damage alot better than can be said for the two of you scumbags.