Ted Nugent on gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Herb, May 19, 2010.

1. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

thrue the smoke crystal clear my friend
    :beerchug-2:

Teamster6

2. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Part of an Email I recieved this morning from the NRA..

Granted most of the time the NRA info may be a bit slanted. But the numbers don't lie.

Some may have missed the point of my earlier post....

Murders will occur whether guns exist or not. The common man, by human nature, would invent the most convenient and efficient means, over years of trial and error, a method of defense and self preservation. In this case we're talking about guns. On a similar token, if you were cornered by a Lion in the Savanna sans gun, you'd be pretty assed out. But you better recognize the next guy is gonna be packing a fuckin spear or something.

Then someone gets killed with a spear. Some dipshit wants to ban them, and then you're once again defenseless against the Lion. No problem. We'll just invent something that isn't a spear. Perhaps a gun. Maybe a damn Star Trek phaser, who knows? But you better bring something to the plains or else you are going to get eaten.

Unfortuately, most of the violence here in the states is socio-economic related with a small percentage of psychopaths. Obviously, not having a gun in the hands of any of those individuals would be utopia. And also a pipe dream. Without guns they would just find another means of violence until educated or eliminated. I'm willing to oblige either of those options with any means I have at my disposal and convenience.

Gun bans might work in Britannia but, the numbers still say the muder rate is climbing there. Why is that? hmm. Curious. And I doubt any of you chaps a going to the African jungle without one unless you'd like to take your chances with a spear? The sad part of it is, that same context applies to some areas of this country.

Hopefully some will appreciate the analogies here and no one got butt hurt in the process. And remember kids........don't bring a spear to a gunfight.

3. NOTthatTIGER

NOTthatTIGER Developed Alternating Nodes

do you really think this way, or are you just a shit stirer?. c'mon, you can read, ...you cant be that stupid....(looks to my imaginary friend,"i dont get this guy")

4. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Not just murder, but all violent crime has gone down:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ilVP2h1npd9Ma4TDw6o4plHxv7zQD9FTFON03

Of course the article does not mention that the sales of guns has soared during that period of time.

Edit: By the way, here are some numbers to play with for the discussion:

http://gunsafe.org/position%20statements/Guns%20and%20crime.htm

5. NOTthatTIGER

2.5 x the amount of DGU's as crimes commited....hmmm...senator leutenberg, would you care to comment now?

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

It's irritating to see someone like Hank, who is obviously not a dullard, being so pig headed and stubborn when so many valid points in the favor of less gun control are laid out before them in an easy to understand eloquent format, and yet they maintain that their point is the right one. The majority usually rules, and IMO from what I have seen in this thread, most of us agree that a gun is tool, we should all have the right to own one, yet Hank will continue to press his point. This is an argument that will always be a heated one, but I believe that guns are useful and I will always feel that way. My late Uncle Bear was an avid outdoorsman, a long time NRA member and a gunsmith and dealer. He never had an accident in his life and he was my mentor. He taught me to respect guns as the tools they are and to enjoy using them for their intended purpose, and not to be afraid of guns, because ignorance is the biggest killer, not guns!

7. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Everyone is allowed their opinion and the name calling in this thread is dissapointing. Some of you need to really chill. I don't think there is anything wrong with reasonable debate, but some just can't seem to be alright with someone disagreeing with them....

(this is not aimed at anyone in particular, just the general tone of the thread)

Hank seems to be calling for control, not an all out ban. Read.

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I can agree that. The name calling is not needed and it helps nobody's point to be more valid, one way or the other. A debate is a good thing. Even a heated debate is a good thing. I myself have to work on staying calm and cool, it helps me with keeping my thoughts collected and concise, that way my arguments are that much more compelling.

9. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

:) You would make a communications teacher proud with that quote :thumbs-up:

10. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Nothattiger hank is an American living in Japan.....from.....MN or somewhere nearabout I believe....

11. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

And I called Hank a name before too, and apologized, and re-read his words and changed my opinion of him before I happened to agree with him in this thread.....

12. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I'm not Korean, I'm American. YOU are one of those guys that can't hold a civil discussion. If you want me to reply to your points about government and society calm down, lose the bombast and the insults and try again.

13. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I'm the one who is Korean. Well, actually, I'm an American too (born in the USA), it's just my parents who are Korean. :potleaf-3:

14. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Yep and that my friend is straight from the horses mouth!!!!!:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: and a rep
    :beerchug-2:

Teamster6

15. NOTthatTIGER

i am not angry, nor do i dislike you.

i think you are wrong, or instigating, either way, i love it, and i talk with giant hand gestures....i'm biosterous....i'm brash, and aggressive....gettin big and red, helps me ....like hand gestures, i call all my buddies names if it helps, but you dont know me, and i drink coffee.....but ok, SLAVE was too far....sorry bout that, but i still cant believe you actually read, and still think like a fuckin' sheep, but there i go again, anyway, papertowelthursdaysideways on you!!! :roffl:

please for give me, i'm actually pretty cool, i'm just ..i dunno...hard on stuff...

(i hope the korean in japan comment didnt come off as a race thing, but a citizenship thing...(i have gun law arguments with canadians more often than youd think...since when do i give a fuck about canadian law?..(or japanese law)...sooooo ...that was my point, not that your race dictates your thinking., i hope that at least is clear.

i will not appologize for my opinions, but i will let you know this:i like that you have your opinion, and that you will go to the matt fir it, anf i will back off a whole bunch...i dont want to come off as a dick, and i know ican come on WAY TO STRONG, and i dont want to get bounced like that frog guy..he got peed on .........

:pissing::kermit: :roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl:

16. NOTthatTIGER

look like it is pointed right at me...and i understand he didnt say ban and hank is still WRONG. i can read real good, ifn ya use tiny words.

but i get your point thank you for reminding me to be civil to my fellow man......here....

:passsit:

17. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Very true and violent people can do lots more killing with guns than without.

I believe it usually goes "just a tool" in an attempt to equate a gun with a hammer or staple gun or something. All weapons have practical uses. The issue is how powerful of a weapon should people be allowed to run around with.

Sounds like a good start.

18. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

:roffl: :roffl: :roffl: I really hate some of the smileys here.

I think all drugs should be legal and regulated, but that is a discussion for another day.

19. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Sure. Guns just make it really, really easy to murder someone.

Yes, the sources of violent crime in America are completely unrelated to guns. Guns just facilitate the violence.

Yes, and there are countries with high gun ownership/low gun crime rates, but they aren't America. America has a lot of violent crime and, I believe, guns make it worse. In my opinion that is really the crux of the argument. Gun proponents say more guns equals safety and gun opponents say the opposite. Your quote about soaring gun sales and falling crime rates takes great liberty in assuming causality between the two.

20. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Well, that's a darn good question and thank you for asking it. I have been thinking about it.

First of all, I'm all for hunting and don't see any need for restrictions on rifles really. Shotguns, undecided.

It's the handguns that everyone runs around with that cause all the problems. I wouldn't ban them. First, were I able, I'd work on severely reducing the amount sold in the US every year with an eye to limiting the number in circulation. Place limits on the gun making companies. Also, make it so that handguns and bullets are more expensive. Make everyone register their guns. Limit the number of guns one could legally own. Make the purchasing process longer and more difficult. Perhaps a long course that would need to be taken and passed before one could purchase a gun.

I like what Cali is doing. See Rasganja's post about that.

Automatic firing machine gun types would be banned outright.

Mandatory long prison terms for anyone caught with or using an illegal gun. I would create space in the penal system by releasing all the non-violent drug offenders and then legalizing all drugs. Also, severe penalties for anyone whose gun is stolen from them without having a serious trigger lock or something on it.

Also, people's thinking would need to change, so education programs in the schools. Teach kids that guns are a dangerous weapon that need to be locked up and put away when not in use

Finally, Teamster6, who are "they". The gov? The government is We, isn't it?

Ok then, people, have fun shooting holes in my ideas. I've spent all of one day thinking about it. One of those 'if you had the power to do whatever, what would you do?' kind of exercises.

Make sure you put lots of these in :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: . Those guys make anything funnier. *sarcasm*