CFL and my flos

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by LionLoves420, Feb 11, 2007.

1. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

As I am setting up for the next one, I am coming up with some idea.....one question I have is how differnt a CFL and a shop light type set up differ....can a regular flo 100w give me the same lumans as 100w CFL? I've got both, and have been using the CFLs mainly as surrounding light...now I am thinking of wiring a strip of 4 100w CFLs as my middle light strip and using two of the flos on each side of that....hope that made sense...

2. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

I think you should do some reading up on lighting....

the amount of bud that you are going to get from flo's just isn't worth it IMO... but if you must then you should get the VHO flo tubes .... like t5's or get some higher wattage t8's... stick with cfl's though if you can get the high intensity like actually 100w;s and not 23w=100w lol cause that's def not true lol..they are comparing that to an incandescent equivalent...

When you go and buy lighting, look for the lumen output and not at the wattage....

With flo's you don't care about wattage.. you just want to know how many lumens... higher wattage = higher lumens of course, i am just saying that you don't apply the watts per sq/ft rule to flo's .....

ditch em and get a small HPS or something.

3. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I actually did just spend like an hour looking at all the faqs...for the fifth time in like a month...The flos are sticking around strictly for veg....this time round me and the investment group are going to get a HPS before flowering time....I just started germinating, got the closet reset....So a strip of 4 100w CFL's will be benifecial to keep around?

We've done three grows off these flos, and last time we got a very high quality smoke, but like you said, no weight...but the ones before were mainly to get the system down, decide on timing (which has been our biggest issue), and know what we are doing before we invest a few hundred more