Effects of Cloudy/Rainy/Cool Weather on bud Cycle

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by LowRydr, Aug 29, 2006.

1. LowRydr

LowRydr Veggy Stage

We've had a cloud/rainy/cool August and my outdoor grow has flowered about 2-3 weeks earlier than I had expected. The strains are supposed to have 8-10 week flowering to harvest times.

With the premature flowering, should I still expect the same 8-10 weeks to harvest? Or will they continue to grow till their normal expected harvest time? And if September turns clearer and warmer, would this extend the flowering?

I guess what I'm asking is - is the flowering cycle fixed at 8-10 week from first flower or is it controlled by the sun/daylight hours?

2. johnnyblaz3

johnnyblaz3 Germinated

ive been wonderin about that too..say if i put my plant in a spot with about 3-4 hours of sunlight, would it bud faster and bigger?

3. GANJA GOD

GANJA GOD Veggy Stage

Yeah they will pretty much sit dormant without much growth in that weather. So in reality it is setting your flowering cycle into a little delay, but I dont think it will be anything that would set you back too far from the original 8-10 weeks

4. Dopeboii420

Dopeboii420 Veggy Stage

I think I have the same problem my outdoor plant wont be ready for harvest itll be cold out before its ready for harvest I think. Would it be alright to bring it inside? Or does that put it into shock and shit cuz of envirement changes and shit?

5. acom

acom New Sprout

rain means you dont have to water. clouds mean slightly cooler temp.. and ur plants will like. your plant doesnt grow according to what it says on ur seeds... she will keep growing as long as she is getting more or less

12/12 +/-1 hour.. then when she gets fat enough for ur liking chop it.

in other words leave that bitch up til noverber if u want why the hell not?

:D :eek: :rolleyes:

6. high yields

high yields Veggy Stage

If it rains a little bit you don't have much to worry about, just shake them a little bit to get off any water that may be trapped. If There is a heavy or constant rain you have a possibility of mold, and might want to consider pulling early.

As for the flowing time I would say that it will finish up early. Each individual bud flowers in a certain amount of time, and double in numbers as we know it does. They flower on consistency of light, not quantity or quality of light. So imo it will be ready in the 8 to 10 weeks advertised. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

7. LowRydr

LowRydr Veggy Stage

FYI, i harvested yesterday, which means the harvest timing is controlled by the plant not the 12/12 time. we've only been at 12/12 for a week, and it's fully ripe. in other words, the flowering cycle IS fixed at 8-10 weeks from first flowering.

8. high yields

high yields Veggy Stage

The time it takes is controlled by the plant, but it is the lighting that tells the plants to flower.

9. Outdoorchronic

Outdoorchronic Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

water is really good .......its like natural eletricly charged nuterients and cold can bring on purple buds in allot of case's as long as you arent geting any frezeing temps

10. LowRydr

LowRydr Veggy Stage

agreed. my point is contrary to all the folks who post up asking "when does 12/12 start?". it aint 12/12 than necessarily kicks off the flowering. long periods of overcast sunless rainy days will do it just as well.

11. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

^^^ no doubt!

12. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

^^^word^^^ that is why we usually sunburn MORE on a cloudy day! ;)

13. high yields

high yields Veggy Stage

had a bad rainy day here and brought it all down, can't afford to have moldy shiit. back is killing me after all that work.

14. Disturbed1980

Disturbed1980 Full Flowering

when it is cloudy, your still getting 75% of the ultra violet spectrum of the sunlight which is the part of the light that your plant absorbs. for the most part rainy whether is good for your plant, it just saves you the hassel of watering. if your getting to much rain and your planting soil isnt drying you can sprinkle a dosage of flowering ferts around the top soil so your plant can get the nutrients as opposed to just adding more water to your already soaked soil.