Big question ...

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by JohnH, May 12, 2010.

1. JohnH

JohnH Smoker Extraordinaire

I've been researching and trying to find a strain that doesn't give munchies. Not sure if anyone knows of any, I'm not dieting or anything I just hate the cravings and wanting to fill my face after a spliff. Everything I read shows Haze's and Afghan's seem to be the "best".

Any input?

2. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Hi JohnH!

I personally have NEVER smoked any kind of MJ that Didn't give me the munchies... Although, this is a very good question! Let us know if you find anything definitive on the topic, i certainly would be interested to know- Gotta keep my "girlish figure"! lol...

Peace

-LM

3. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

i agree

i would love to find mmj that doenst give you the munchies as well...it would make my life easier..if anyone knows of any it would be great to find out as well....i think the price would be high...lol..no pun intended

4. Bud Greenright

Bud Greenright In the garden, you?

Ah, Munchies are a side effect of the Marijuana. It only happens because you are in a heightened state of awareness and you body wants to put in more sensory stimulus such as sights, sound, and tastes. The best way to diet with the munchies is with fruits and vegetables. Keep a bunch of different ones around and eat them when you get the munchies instead of junk food. I lost weight after i started smoking.

As for strains less Sativa- more indica+ seems to not generate the munchies as much IMO.

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

i toke lots of afghan....i eat like a horse after!

6. daytrypper

daytrypper A Fat Sticky Bud

Banana chips are the best stoner treat:nanner-2:

7. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

I think munchies are just a side-effect of the THC and there's no avoiding them.

If you don't want to munch out, you need to be mentally strong enough to hold back.

8. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

The strain is called Cocaine...

Yeah but sorry really I have not really come across one either. I just try to surround myself with fruits, salads and grape tomatoes rather than nachos, pizza, and ice cream. It works, sometimes.

9. JohnH

JohnH Smoker Extraordinaire

Eating ain't the problem, I'm 6' and maybe all of 180lbs soaking wet if you count the ounce in my pocket. I just really hate the cravings ...

Alas, my hope is lost :( . I am going to try Strawberry Haze and Afghan #1 to see if what I read was true, I know I've got Strawberry Haze in my seed collection.

10. rollin2techno

rollin2techno cL053t Gr0w3r

LOL...add a side order of meth and you're set.:roffl:

11. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Its not the strain, its the preparation. Sprinkle a little meth in the joint and you'll not feel hungry for a few days ;)

12. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Afghans are supposed to be great for eating disorders, as in, smoke this and you will eat.

I've considered this question from the opposite perspective.

I have difficulty eating a lot of the time and usually it's the indica's that help the most. Too bad the Sativa's are my favorite.

I don't think that Afghan is gonna be the one for your stated desire.

IME, variety is really crucial to avoid tolerance...but if you are looking to get past the munchies, monotony might be the key. For me, munchies are the first thing to go when I'm starting to develop a strain tolerance. I know, it's not a good solution.

Harvesting earlier can be helpful too.

I'm pretty sure it's the CBD that's the primary "munchie" component. Sometimes there is info on the CBD levels on the breeder web-sites. I know there is on the GHS site but I'm certainly not recommending that you buy anything from them. I think Dutch Passion might list that info...

Let us know what your search reveals.

Grat

13. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

If CBD is the proponent then the grower is in control of how much is there in the end as that is based on havest time as well as curing methods.

I agree with SG420...its all in ur head.

If we follow the suggested premise that everything is...all at the same time, then the only reason you get the munchies is because that is what is burned into ur belief system. Loose your beliefs...drop your expectations, have no suppositions. Free yourself from your brain.

Free your mind :pimp: