what size containers?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Dport1976, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Dport1976

Dport1976 Germinated

i have a 400w mh veg room and a flower room with 2 400w hps lamps. i plan on doing a mother/clone type grow.[ i have 8 super skunk plants started] my question is, what size containers would i use if i want to do a sea of green grow? im not goin to do a perpetual grow but i would like to put plants into flowering at about 10-12 inches tall. thanks for your help

2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Man seriously since you already have two seperate rooms, do a perpetual garden you will get a lot better results using clones than younger plants. one advantage no more sexing the plants! You also would only have to veg for a week if you wanted i remember one guy who would grow 20 small plants SOG from clones and would end up with really good yields and he would only veg them for 5 days under an HPS for 24hr. for sea of green i've always been a fan of 3 gallon pots but for small plant you would probably be safe with just 1-1.5 gallon pots. But for real the perpetual grow would be the way to go, you dan't have to start seedlings all the time, clones are easy to propagate, when they go into the flower room you already now their female and you could be replacing plants as you pull one to keep a continuous cycle going.

3. Dport1976

Dport1976 Germinated

i meant i dont want to have a perpetual garden as far as some plants being done every 2 weeks and putting fresh clones in every 2 weeks. i want a mother plant to take clones off of every 2 months.

when you say a 1.5 gallon container, how many inches is that?

4. donny

donny Latae Sententiae Excommunication

im w skunky on the 3 gal pots....anything smaller gets you rootbound real easy...I dont lke perpetual crops tho...id rather just have a big harvest every 2 months..constantly taking clones and harvesting, and makeing several solutions of different strength gets on my nerves real quick. Id rather more work to do when i do it but only have 4 or 5 big days to take care of