Again with the preflowers....

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by allsmilez, Dec 15, 2007.

1. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

2. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

The dude?

Or the chick? I'll clone both...:laughing5: lol...

Dude, you know,:suave: I had to get high speed just to view your vids....lol, I guess it was time anyway, but hey, I finally got to see the plant with the face(Che G) in it....freaky!...But you can't tell me you didn't take clones off that plant,...it looks like a mother if I've ever seen one....

But....must be rough,....some nice countryside, and smoker-friendly cafe's...next trip I take will be thataway! :)

3. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

yes

those were mothers, and yes i did take clones, but now, I do not take clones, and therefore I have no mothers. i make seeds, i dont burn em.

just like goldie said in snatch, i make the bodies, i dont erase the bodies, look, you bettter stick to being a gang star.

4. jimmy the lizard

jimmy the lizard Genius beginner!

hey smilez, jus use a compact flouro, or a 2' t-5 lightbar for your motherplant. ive killed a few mothers myself not having enough light on them an had to give each their own 2' t-5 lightbar. now my bonzai mom is like a little leaf ball.

5. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

I gave up on her....

She was insistent...VERY insistent.:icon_confused: I woke uo today to more pistils than I could count..at 10 weeks old.:angry:

This was a few weeks ago, just to emphasize what I'm dealing with....[​IMG]

Can't see any preflowers in this pic, but she is definitely sativa...outdoor sativa.:icon_confused: So I have a project ahead of me trying to keep the clones from flowering until I can get them outside, or figure something else out....I have expressed my urgency to get more seeds, but until I can get over to get them, I have no idear....:laughing5: Bleh...always something... :)

But hey, Jimmy, I did have her under t-12's and cfls...it seemed like she liked them.... Are t-5's more powerful? I have been wondering, but yet to research it more, got sidetracked... :)

6. jimmy the lizard

a t-5 flourescent light is a professional greenhouse light. i bought 2' t-5 "lightbars" for my clones an moms, 1 bar for each clone tray, an each motherplant.

like i said earlier, i had problems keeping motherplants without enough light, (i use 1 2' lightbar for each mom.) i also didnt get that good of a success rate with clones untill i bought a lightbar for each tray, (unless i kept em under HID,s off in the distance.) a true 105w CFL will work for moms/clones also, but you can go all the way through to harvest with t-5's, i think better than with CFL's.

they cost about 23 bucks each plug an grow lightbar, (a good CFL bulb costs that much,) an work WAAAAAAAY better than the G.E. flourescent grow tubes i was using before. i just had to wait till i had the money to buy quality veg. lights, but when i did...WOW!

with enough t-5 lights, (you can buy a system with 4, 6, and 8 tubes in one lamp) you can get HID results without all the heat/power consumption for your vegging plants IMO/IME. at the very least youll get double the results with t-5's than you will with t-12's, and zero, "flouro," stretch!

ive used hydrofarm lightbars, and sunblaze lightbars an the sunblaze brand are much better quality, (made with more aluminum/less plastic, and have a cover for the bulb.)

check one out when you get 30 extra bucks. in a side by side im sure youll be impressed!

7. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

T-5's it is!

Thanks, Jimmy! I was looking around at some T-5's(&t-8's), and me being me, I wondered how it was the smaller ones were better...lol, and this was just from reading the specs on the light bulbs...:eusa_shifty: I will remedy that soon....Don't anyone give me crap about not having a HID,:scream: hubby says "NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT." ....I have to agree at this point. :)

8. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Oh, well......never mind, then......:eusa_shifty:

9. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

I know, lol,.....

Smarty pants......:bfttt: The decision has been made for me:deadhorse: I tried:sad5: ...I WAS going to add a nice big HPS to replace my little collection....But no biggie for now, it's all good...:catfight: I like my little collection....I'll be dubbed a lowly CFL (grows dank buds...:pottytrain1: ) grower.

10. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Nothing wrong with flos as long as you've got enough of them. Plenty of people use them and your plant looks very nice.

By the way, I thought you had a HPS.

:catfight: <---This smiley cracks me up every time I see it.

11. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

I did...

D-I-D...had three 70watters, but I shut them down when I moved the first ones into the greenhouse, and I replaced them with more cfl's and t-12's for new batch of vegging...:icon_confused: I'm ass-backwards,:laughing5: lol, I know...I liked them, but I had vegged the original ones under just the t-12's and cfl's and was very happy with them, and I like that I can put the kids right under them(flouros) and no worries about sunburn, hahaha....

Thanks, AB:) ....I'm happy with my first experience inside,:icon_thumright: lights and all, but honestly...Vs. the SUN:love4: ....That's hard to compare with.... :)

:catfight: Cracks me up, too...lol, my imitation of lighting fights....lol!

12. jimmy the lizard

i still dream of the day i can use the sun in a greenhouse, or somethin.