Steelcity NL Round 2

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by SteelCity Smoker, Feb 24, 2009.

1. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

I'm growing the last of my NL beans since i wasn't overly impressed with the final result and i may have to pull the plug on this op early. The plants are about 3 weeks old from germ. They are in 2 Gal pots with a mix of perlite to FFOF is around 35 to 65 the top inch or so being straight soil. I am using the FF 3 pack. Right now i'm feeding in like a 3 part cycle. The first real feeding was 4tbsp of big bloom and 3tsp of Grow big. Second was 2 tbsp of big bloom. Then i give them a good flush. I have been balancing all solutions to 6.5-6.7. As always i have the 400w HPS blazin down on them. I think later tonite i'm going to move down the 3 fixture CFL rig i have mounted to the wall and turn it on. I may install another one i have on the other side. I wanna experiment with mixing the light spectrums. Enough BS on with the pics...DSP

[​IMG]

This one is of a deformed leaf it grew that way from the gate IDK...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hygrade

hygrade _________________________

good luck with it steel,what didn't you like about the finished product if you don't mind me asking?

3. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Ditto

They look nice.

Why don't you like NL's? I've never grown it(yet), but everyone seem's to enjoy it.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

What they said.

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Hes full of shit.....i personally smoked like a half oz to my face of his NL and it was killer! Hes just mad cause his stash is depleated.....lol.....I cant wait to get my hands on a clone of that NL!

6. SteelCity Smoker

First off we had catastrophic failure today! I think my Digital Ballast bit the dust. Luckily i have a few back ups. So instead of using a 400w HPS i will now be using a 400w MH till flower. Not a bad thing but my heart stopped when i came home and went to check the kids and they were in the dark... Daytime starts at 3pm and i found it at 7pm so hopefully no damage done.

The answer to the million dollar question. Why was i not impressed with NL it smokes good and get's you ripped but the high doesn't seem to last long like 2 hrs or so then it's time for more and being indica this can slow the progress of your day after being repeated a few times. I just don't think i wanna grow it anymore. I'm saving the other beans i have for the new setup which will be running at the end of this batch. i'm looking at houses now and by the time i close on one and set up the new op which will greatly be expanded i'll be ready to start a small jungle of various strains. So can i say that i will never grow NL again lol no i cannot but prolly not for a while once these "girls" are finished...DSP

7. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

OH NO! lights out sucks! but ya do got backups!

8. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Steel you sure it's the ballast and not the bulb. The 1000W digital from HTG was acting up would come on stay on for a a little while then turn off then turn itself back on. I wasn't sure what the hell was going on so we sent the ballast back he sent us a new one and same thing turned out it was the damn agromax bulb. As for the high time ordeal man I feel high when I'm sober and like I can't get high enough when I do smoke LOL.

9. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

not sure

i am going to be able to keep up with you guys at the get together..when nl is not good enough foryou then i dont know what...lol..man...i have never had it but i am sure its killer...party on dude....lol....see you guys in md

10. hygrade

hygrade _________________________

i always say the same thing :bong2:
    thats the same thing my bulb was doing too,on & off,switched bulbs and no more problems. lowes has 400 watt sylvania hps bulbs for 17.99

11. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

that makes me wonder

is it better to change the 17.99 bulb every 3-6 months or is it better to have one of the 100 bulbs and change it ever year and a half like they say....i guess what i am saying is i wonder if there are more lumens in a more expensive bulb..(cant remember the name but colorful box)

12. SteelCity Smoker

I will try another bulb but it's not even turning on i'm gonna bench test it's output after i get out from infront of this glowing box. HOLY FUCK my neighbor next door just txt me and asked me to turn the music down she can't hear her tv LOL! Staind-Mudshovel if you were wondering. Anyhoo yeah i gotta test the ballast. The bulb is only a year old and has done 2 grows but isn't even turning white like previous bulbs did after a while. So idk i will post my findings tho. I'm going buy another ballast/socket combo just to have another HPS backup regardless of what is wrong with this one...DSP

13. justmaintaing

justmaintaing Thread Killer........

Good Luck, Steel; let us know what the verdict is.

14. SteelCity Smoker

Update

Hey all just an update of the NL. Everything with the plants is going fine. There is some yellowing on a few lower leaves i'm not sure if they got nute water on them or if they are locking a lil or just need more nitro but i'll figure it out over the next few weeks.On with the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think by the structure and way these plants are growing these 3 will be fem.

[​IMG]

These 2 i believe will be male.Again by structure and how the last round looked before sexing and the structure of the plant.IDK tho we'll see in about 2 weeks cuz i'm going 12-12 at the end of the week.

[​IMG]

I have yet to benchtest that ballast i keep forgetting my meter at work. I will prolly do that this weekend.Hope all is well in your grows...DSP

krondikebar likes this.
  15. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

Coming along nicely SCS! How come u didnt just take clones from the last batch, and saved your seeds?

Usually, yellowing of the lower leaves, is telling u that they need more N.

Im not positive, but that's what it looks like to me.

Anyways, they look extremely healthy green. Good luck with the grow. You may just get better results vegging with the MH, comared to the HPS. Who knows..

I'll be watching this one, for sure. Keep on keepin on, DSP.

GFam

16. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Looking good. So what happened with the light? You ever figure out what the problem was?

17. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

hell yea dude, they are looking GREAT

18. weed sprite

weed sprite Begun Flowering

They look nice SCS. Good luck with the grow and the house.

Sprite

19. SteelCity Smoker

Thank you all for the GKind words. I tested the runoff of the plant showing yellowing it was sitting at 7.3 that's a lil too high so lockout is my guess. I'll give it a special brew it will be back in no time...DSP