MMJ now allowed in airports and on planes

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by AverageJoe, Aug 10, 2010.

1. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/news/index.php?page=1

Report: Medical Marijuana Now Allowed In Airports
    By Steve Elliott in Medical, News Friday, Aug. 6 2010

Under new TSA rules, medical marijuana is allowed in airports in states where it is legal.

Patients have reported "no problems" as they boarded with carry-on luggage and cannabis plants, Meili reports.

Under the new Transportation Safety Administration regulations, Meili reports that authorized patients are allowed to fly with medical cannabis, and can even change planes in states where it's illegal.

TSA officials told Meili that state laws supersede what the agency would do in the aviation sector, and it would be up to local law enforcement officials to determine their course of action "based on whatever the person was trying to bring on board an aircraft."

[​IMG]
    Photo: NBC Montana
    A medical marijuana patient uses his Volcano vaporizer and bag in the airport terminal.

​There are certain restrictions under the new policy, Meili reports. The final destination must be a medical marijuana state, and passengers in possession of pot can't leave the airport terminal in states that haven't legalized it.

Footage posted with Meili's story shows a patient using a Volcano vaporizer in an airport terminal, boarding an airplane with a potted cannabis plant, and seated in the plane with the plant. The footage doesn't have date or location information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBoSTjnpG64&feature=player_embedded

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

And in other places people go to jail. Simply being caught with a live plant, no matter how big or small, is grounds for cultivation with intent to distribute in many U.S. states.

Cheers to Oakland Airport for being the first in 2008 and any others that have followed since.

3. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

WHOA WHOA WHOA When did it become illegal to take weed on a plane???Steelcity

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

?? What?, are you serious?

5. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Ha ha that is cool as shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beerchug-2:

Teamster6

6. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

:flyy: :good job: :flyy:

7. AverageJoe

Video aside, and MMJ card or not, you try to walk through an airport terminal or get on a commercial plane in any town carrying a full potted MJ plant and see if you don't get some shit coming down on you. Probably not from TSA, but the local pigs will be all over you, legal or not.

I'm not going to test it just yet. :icon_confused:

8. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Nice video. Hopefully the plant and vapor are real. Now if they'd just quit stopping me when I get back from Jamaica...

9. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Rasganjah sarcasm must have got lost in translation. I do know it's not legal but um i really don't care if i have the balls to have shit in my house why not show em what you're really made of and walk right through security carrying your vacation essentials I have taken all kinds of shit on the plane how ? well right in my undies till i get on the plane then in my carryon METAL detectors my friend... Steelcity

Big airports have backscatter technology but i don't live near one of them sssoooo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter_X-ray

10. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

That backscatter shit is wrong is so many ways. I believe they first tested it in Orlando and I had to make sure it wasn't gonna be there when I got off the plane. Drugs aside, that is way too revealing and soooo should be against the law.

11. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

You can opt out of going through one of those, but you will still have to go through a metal detector and get searched, although I didn't get patted down when I opted out this past time, but who knows the next time around.

12. NOTthatTIGER

NOTthatTIGER Developed Alternating Nodes

i remember when you could smoke on an air plane...i used to LOVE to ride the greyhounds, though, cuz you could get yer swerve on 4 real, back in the deep dark '70's and '80's....just go to the back, and at least two doobs were lit, and a half gallon of jack was afoot...guaranteed....just reminising i guess, i dont have nothin to offer....i dont fly, cuz i have a serious aversion to being searched...i just hope the "war on terror" is over soon as one of these fucking days, i wil HAVE to fly somewhere sometime..i just dont like bein' searched.

i'm a grown boy, and just think its an insult.you wanna check my bags?...go aheadi dont got no gunz or bombs on me,or in my shit..(i'm fucking traveling, you dumb cock suckers(not GK, the establishment)...yeah, bring on the underwear bomber, and tennis shoe bomber types....kill 'em with a ball point pen before they got from jump.fuck that shit)....e ver think how cool it would be to take a cargo ship, or cruise ship to london instead of flying?....take longer, (alot longer), but it could BE part of the whhole experience of TRAVELING...the journey, right?....

interesting article about state capture....

yes, like acclimatizing the civies to get used to being searched every stop/hub/crosswalk/intersection where legal definitions are drawn...i wish we had a residend sociology prof in here, so i could make sence of everything i read...anyhoo, here is the article.

http://blogs.worldbank.org/growth/have-institutions-failed-us

:passsit:

13. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...Seize the day...

...gettin' better all the time...

...DC...:XXsunsmile::new_scatter:

14. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Aaaahhhh Tiger- old greyhound days. 1980.....a couple bottles of Annie Boone's Farm, few Valium, bag of shitty weed in the back seat and you could go from Minneapolis to Seattle and not remember a damn thing about how you got there.

15. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Can't get much worse :affro:

16. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

From the TSA . . .

I was curious about taking some mmj with me on a trip later this year, so I emailed the TSA.

This is the reply I received . . .

So, basically they WILL detain you until local police arrive and determine what to do next.

I'll be keeping my stash in my crotch.:alienwink:

LionLoves420 likes this.
  17. AverageJoe

...which is basically the way it's always been. Unless it's explosives, weapons, and things of that nature, that fall under the TSA's federal guidelines, the TSA just hands you over to the local PD for whatever city your in. Every airport has a local police station in it. Usually right next to the checkpoint. You won't wait long.

You need to talk to the Denver PD and find out what their policy is at the airport. You might even be able to contact the DIA police office directly.

I fly a lot, and in probably 99.9% of the times, if I'd had the bag right in my front pocket, nothing would've happened. I still crotch it though. Right or wrong, I just don't want the hassle when I'm at the airport.

18. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

back in 85

I Member riding a bus through washington d c back then greyhound took the scenic route pass the us capital i remember little window in the bathroom i twisted 1 n remember toking while riding past the white house blowing smoke out the window the last time i took acid was on a greyhound met acid queen anne had half the bus tripping

GOOD TIMZ GOOD TIMZ:passsit:

19. Waterboy

Waterboy Germinating

So did the plant have to go through xray?

:skull:

20. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Yes, im so getting a valcano, pair of black glasses, wheelchair, and guide dog. Ill say i have problems and have medical card....then they will let me toke!

I got a plan!