AK47 Leaf Edges Rolling Up

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by ScottyG420, Aug 31, 2009.

1. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

http://www.growkind.com/gallery/data/921/medium/AK_Curled_Leaves.jpg
    http://www.growkind.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=21643&cat=921
    http://www.growkind.com/gallery/data/500/medium/AK41.jpg
    http://www.growkind.com/gallery/data/921/medium/AK51.jpg
    I should also add that the leaves are still supple. They are not dry,crunchy or crispy.
    Sorry for having to post the link to the pic, but the movers still haven't brought our stuff and I don't have my PC yet.
    All I have is this Blackberry and I don't really know how to post the pics.
    I'm already having some probs with my oldest AK47 plant. I planted her on August 12th or 13th in a jiffy pot.
    The problem is that the edges on the 2 biggest fan leaves are rolling up. The leaves aren't folding up in the middle.
    Its just the edges of the leaves are rolling up. There is no discoloration. There is no stunted growth.
    In fact this is prolly the fastest growing plant I've ever seen. First the jiffy pellet went into water and Iet it drain off.
    I then put the expanded jiffy pot in a 4" by 4" pot and filled in the space around it with FoxFarmsOceanForest.
    I put the seed in the jiffy and it sprouted and has been growing just fine.
    Over the last couple days I noticed the edges rolling up and its not getting any better.
    But other than that the plant seems to be doing fine and its still growing.
    I have not tried to give it nutes. I recently put some worm castings over the top layer of soil, which made it grow even more overnight.
    My I'm watering with ph 6.0 balanced water. That netting is still around the jiffy, which like I said, is potted in a regular pot.
    Do you think its time to get it out iof that jiffy netting and transplant it? Ill try to get some more pics up in a few minutes.

This shit pisses me off so bad. I wanna take this fucking plant and punt the motherfucker across the goddamn yard!
    Every chance these fucking plants get to go wrong of fuck up, they do.
    This forum is full of people trying to grow herb and for their trouble, they get nothing but problems.
    I wanna rip down the entire grow room, break the fucking lights and set fire to the rest of the fucking seedlings.
    This is just bullshit!!

2. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Plants

They look like they are getting too much heat causing the leaf edges to curl. They dont look that bad to me I would back lights off a pinch make sure they are watered up and watch em.

I would transplant and just leave the netting on the jiffy. I dont do soil but I do hydro and the roots grow right through the netting besides it contains the roots.

cheers

teamster6

3. cheebamonkey

cheebamonkey Harvested Frosty Nugs

2 questions mate

How long have the leaves been twisting ?

Are you using Ph up and Down in the same solution ?

4. ScottyG420

They been curling for a coiule days now. I'm gonna back the light off of it.

I only use ph down in their water.

5. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

lights

are the undr floros:icon_scratch: :bong2: :passit: :fly:

6. ScottyG420

cfls

Right now I have it and a Skunk#1 plant under a 42w 2700k lumen cfl.

The skunk plant is the same size and age and it doesn't seem to be having any problems.

7. Southern Boy

Southern Boy Germinated

Light is just a little to close, I seen the same on my newer plants. Heat also seems to curl leeves... With the Heat in the South you have to be careful..

Question. Will the new florsent T 5 bulbs (hight output) be helpfull on the growth cycle.?

thanks

Southern Boy

8. ScottyG420

T5 fluoro tubes

I have 3 2" 24W 2200k lumen tubes and they've worked well for me durind seedling growth and development to get them ready to transplant into a bigger pot to go under HID lighting.

I'm only using one right now cuz I had to buy some kind if lights to see me thru unrtil the movers bring or shit.

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

My 2 cents. Heat. One 42w cfl doesn't seem strong enough to do that but..... The curl looks reminicent of mg deficiency without any accompaning discoloration. That's NOT my guess tho.

Mg deficiency

[​IMG]

10. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 2700k the spectrum you want during flowering? I believe 6500k is best for vegetative growth. I'm not saying it can't be done, but if half the spectrum is missing wouldn't that be akin to the plant almost getting no light?

11. ScottyG420

uhhmmm....OK

So, ure saying that anything less than 6500K is for flowering?

I moved the plant out away from the light a lil bit and the leaves have stopped that edge

curling and the leaves are looking better overall. I gave it a proper watering and the leaves are unrolling a little.

All the new growth is coming in just fine.

12. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Not necessarily only for flowering, that would depend on the type of plant I would imagine. From what I understand it's a gradual thing... For example, 6400k should still work fine for flowering, 4000k less so, etc etc.

Let me clarify that I'm very new to all this, and I'd like some input from someone who knows a little more than I do before you go ahead and start taking my advice right away. I've been reading a lot, but I have very little hands-on experience.

Some backup from a pro would be fantastic. I'm trying not to offer any advice I'm not 100% certain about, but I really want to start giving back to these forums as everyone's been so helpful. :)

13. ScottyG420

newbs

U n me both. 3 weeks into my second grow and Im already fucking up a plant!

14. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Here we go, this was posted on another thread started recently, you can find it here. Although, I'm still not 100% sure if it's causing the problems your plants are showing. Here's the chart, anyway, enjoy! :bongin:

[​IMG]