Update Time!

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by 3 Blunts Daily, Oct 4, 2006.

1. 3 Blunts Daily

3 Blunts Daily Germinated

2. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

3. 3 Blunts Daily

4. THSea

THSea Filthy Floozie

My plants' leaves have had the same problem in nearly every grow previous to my current one. I mean those pictures look as if I took them myself. I've never quite figured out what it was and just gave up on it. Like you, I assumed the plant was just shedding un-needed leaves. It always started about 1 month or so from seed. I made quite a few changes in my setup for my current grow and didn't get that problem this time. I started using dolomite lime, and for the first time ever I have perfect pH. I also don't use miracle grow anymore, or schultz. I switched over to the foxfarms nutes. And I switched to black gold soil and bought a bottle of micronutrients.

And now I don't have that problem at all with the same genetics. I wish I could tell you what did the trick, but there's too many variables here. I wish you luck, and if you do figure it out for certain, let me know!:punk:

5. Hellrazor

Hellrazor New Sprout

I might know what the problem is...I don't know, but it sounds like your Ph is too low, and it's being expressed in your plants leaves. From the best of my understanding, and from experience, the preferred Ph for growing is between 6.5 and 7.0 ....can anyone else confirm or deny this? It is what I have my hydro solution set at, and my plants are all green, no yellowing, no nute burn, none of that stuff.

When my Ph gets low in my hydro my plants looked just like that. I quickly took a reading and it was like 4.5 or something. I made the necessary adjustment, and they were very happy in no time. I think yours are suffering from a smaller drop in Ph but over a longer period of time. Just a guess!

I think if you adjusted your soil Ph to that level, that yellowing would stop and go away. Other than that, they really look fantastic. Great job!

Hope this helps.

J.

6. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

yup its the ph.....

for hydro- 5.4-5.8 is nice......for soil around 6.5 is preferred. the ph dipping up and down a few points is normal.

** some hydro plants prefer lower or higher ph**

7. 3 Blunts Daily

8. Hellrazor

Hellrazor New Sprout

Sorry if you don't feel like I've helped you....as I said, it was a guess.

Charts can be wrong, you know. I have my HYDRO Ph set at 6.5 -7.0 according to Ph tests, and they are not only fine, they are flourishing. Do you want to trust a chart, or the man who has been there, done that, and bought the t-shirt?

Sheesh, I thought you wanted help. Rotsa Ruck, pal.

9. 3 Blunts Daily

10. THSea

THSea Filthy Floozie

3 Blunts...are you growing hydro or not? Your pictures look like soil/peat/whatever, but certainly not hydro. Which means your pH is way too low. If you look at the right side of the chart that you posted, you should be at 6.5.

Am I wrong here guys? It doesn't look like hydro to me...in fact, it looks alot like the way I grow...in soil. I don't see a res, any hoses, nothing, just a container filled with brown stuff with a plant growing out of each one. Then at the bootom of each container there are drain holes and you can see where water has previously run through.

As far as I understood it, in hydro, the roots don't grow through a medium. They grow through a net pot or whatever and hang into water.

Looking back, you even mention that you pH adjust your water for every watering. She's NOT growing hydro if you have to water her in the same fashion as you would water a plant in soil. Just because your growing medium is not soil per say, it does not mean that you are then growing hydro.

Again, am I wrong here guys? Shouldn't that water be adjusted to 6.5?

11. 3 Blunts Daily

12. THSea

THSea Filthy Floozie

so what are you using as a substrate?

13. 3 Blunts Daily