Need a quick answer

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by nuggnester, Feb 23, 2009.

1. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

is the activate carbon that can be used in fish tanks the same stuff we want to put in out carbon filters? My local fishg store has some but i dont wanna go down there and have it be not what I need....It's fing expensive too...one pound for like 17 bucks?!? what?!? I just made an 8" filter that is two feet long..about how much carbon will I need? Thanks guys/girls.

2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I don't use one, but from what I've read, it's not as good.

I'd chillax and wait for more experienced input.

There's ppl that can steer you exactly in the right direction. Don't go spending, just yet.

3. nuggnester

Thanks

Thanks for the quick, and might I add worthless reply. JUST KIDDING YOU BIG BABY. DUDE CHILL OUT...YOU'RE SERIOUSLY MAD DUDE? GAY...!

BOKE A SMOWL ANYONE?

Am i being weird right now?

I just want to get this carbon scrubber hooked up tonight because I amsADHD

commmoooooon. Anyone wanna game some madden?

while I am at it...what type carbon exactly do I want? The little zanny bar looking things, or the sandy stuff (prob not!), or the stuff in the middle...what?!? I was thinking about getting the bar thingies and putting them into a blener for a few seconds...then strainin the sandy stuff out and use that...thoughts?

4. nuggnester

Mrastro

I have a gram in front of me, and when I say go, let;s see who can smoke a gram faster...

GO

5. nuggnester

and.....

done

6. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

IDK if it's the same, I'd bet it is. That's expensive

http://stores.ebay.com/Carbon-Eze another GKer PM'd me this link when I was building my scrubber. It'll last me at least 3 refils.

that's what I'd do.

Grat

P.S. it was really quick delivery.

this link is more specific - I paid about $10 less a year and a half ago, he said his prices went up. Still way better than $17per lb.

http://cgi.ebay.com/18-Lbs-3-Gal-Premium-Activated-Carbon-Charcoal-Xtras_W0QQitemZ180327945041QQihZ008QQcategoryZ20756QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

7. nuggnester

um...

I guess you mean the 5 gallon bucket?

8. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

I just edited my last post - check the link at the bottom

9. nuggnester

as always

Thanks grat. big help. I think that's what I'm gonna do...

10. nuggnester

I need to stop posting here

I just called my local wal mart, and they have some, so I am gonna go check that stuff out...

why didn;t I think wal-mart before? Pet section, or course!

11. budbox

budbox workin things out

fish tank activated carbon

i have used that before for a micro grow and i put in the carbon filter durring flowering so i no that it really does work. just vant tell u if the other stuff is better. but from my eperience i dont see how it could get much better

12. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

I just buy the stuff from petsmart, it's good shit! Fuck its research grade, about as good as you are gonna find. The last one I actually used the crap from walmart because petsmart was out and it has worked fine.

Here is what I try to use when building one or refilling.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754012