Did I just lose my awesome job? Saliva drug test

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Cannagirl, May 3, 2007.

1. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Just caught off gaurd this morning with a saliva drug test. So, am i completely screwed? Man, I started to cry to myself when they sprung it on me and everyone else. I'm a surgical asst. at a vet's office and this is the best job I could possibly have at this point in my life, did I just lose it?

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

And yes, I just smoked last night.

2. Shisno

Shisno Bong Whore

The only thing I have ever heard about saliva tests was LEO's using them to see if you were driving stoned... so maybe its only to see if you're at work high? I cant say I know anything about it though.

I hope everything will be ok for you! said a little prayer

3. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

Most likely, you're canned.

4. StinkyBuds

StinkyBuds TooStonedToPost

Canna if they fire you pm me.

5. JohnH

JohnH Smoker Extraordinaire

You can fuck with saliva tests and still pass, but if you didn't know about it you're screwed :(

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Sticky Skunky Buds

my only advice is if you are caught canna, just say you took 600 MG of IBUPROFEN, which will cause a false, positive on a piss test, but it could have same effect on a Saliva drug test.

One other claim that if you have a piss test, idk if it's true, but take 4 asprins a hour or two before the drug test, also drink a gallon of water, so your sample is watered down, so it's hard to test positive.

I'm sorry for your loss canna, I hope all goes well.

7. 420

420 KING

Damn, that sucks Canna, I hope you dont loose your job. You better get a prescription.

You live in cali right? Mabey the'll overlook a lil THC in your system, good luck.

8. talltrees

talltrees A Fat Sticky Bud

Lets us know what happens. How far back can they detect it through saliva, just say you have friends that smoke around you.

9. SmokeWizzleEveryDizzle

SmokeWizzleEveryDizzle ~Movin on up'

sry to hear that canna, sounds bad. Id say fuck em find another place anywayz if theyre going to continue to do that. You may just be denying the inevitable. Peace tho, good luck!

10. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Well guys I should know by monday. My boss gave it to me and told me to hold it between my cheek and teeth. Well I did that for about ten seconds before she looked away and then I moved it so just my teeth held it. And I also tryed to dry out my mouth and not get much spit on it. So i'm thinking I have about a 50/50 shot. I talked to my mom and she started reading and said if I had been drinking a coke or something it would probly throw it off but unfortunately I wasn't :(

Gosh ya never realize just how unfair it is until a drug test happens to you. I don't go to work high (i'm too lazy to go back and look who mentioned it before I hit reply) so maybe if it was that kind of test then I will pass. My brother's opinion is that it will be a meth test or other harder drugs.

It's all speculation, i'm gonna try not to think of it until Monday, thatll be hard. I feel like a kid who broke something and waiting until my parents find out, or if theyll find out.

Thanks all for the well wishes! Wizzle, thats true, it might just be inevitable. I have never had to do a drug test before (for this job) and if I do pass I will have to find out how I would be able to keep it up......mouthwash in the locker?

11. jimmy the lizard

jimmy the lizard Genius beginner!

where i live, if you fail a drug test upon hiring, you can go to a rehab program for one day, say youre cured, and the company has to employ you. of course this means you have to take drug tests at random from there on out.

as for the saliva test, all you have to do is hold the swab in your mouth without getting any saliva on it, and then youll be asked to try it again, which youll do the same trick the second time around. youll then be asked to submit a urine sample which youre supposed to be prepared for.

i take drug tests on average of once a year for employment and ive always passed, and helped those of my friends who would follow instruction fully to pass.

12. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

My best advice is: Check your state laws....in the state I live in, the way they gave you the test, and the situation they gave it to you in would be illegal, OR rather you could request a new test in the correct conditions and if they refuse it would be illegal.....ALWAYS check your laws first, because a lot of the times businesses don't.....(The last two restaurants I worked for broke SO many labor laws in regaurds to bartenders/servers it was crazy...never affected me, and I don't make trouble unless it needs to be made)

I don't know anything about CA's laws, or how easy/hard this is, but this got a guy off in another state: he got raided, wasn't there, got a medical marijuana card, turned himself in, and the court ruled the date didn't affect the fact that he had the card...(still is going up on other charges of course, but no severe)

And my comforting thought: I don't think a lot of businesses care about weed...in the words of one of my employers, "If we cared about marijuana, we would lose half our staff."

:smoke2:

13. TheScientist

TheScientist Guest

quoted for truth. mj is only detectable in spit from a few hours to a day later. other drugs like meth and coke can be detected up to 3 days later. i'd say you have good odds. good luck.

14. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Always look on the bright side of life...do do, do do, do do, do do

Hey Canna, one thing I have learned over the years with my many jobs is that when you suddenly lose your job, especially for something injust like a drug test, it seems devastating at first, but these changes have always led to better things for me, and they will for you too.

There's no reason you couldn't get the same job you love but somewhere else. I don't know what the laws are in your state, but in Texas when someone looking to hire you calls your previous employer, the only information the previous employer can reveal is your dates of employment. They can't say what your performance was like or why your employment with them terminated.

15. 420

420 KING

really, is that in most states or just cali?

16. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

I don't know if that is the law, but I do know that most any employer is going to steer clear of saying anything that will get them sued.

but sounds plausible that this could in fact be law

17. StinkyBuds

StinkyBuds TooStonedToPost

thats how it is here i cant tell the next guy the guy i fired was a smacktard just that yeah her worked here from a to b

18. JohnH

JohnH Smoker Extraordinaire

Figure that's the point of references though, isn't it?

19. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

I don't know Cali laws - I live in Texas.

20. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

It is Cali law too. I did know that although I don't really trust many of my previous employers to stick to it, or any employers for that matter.

Maybe large corporations like when I worked for Dennys. They are so afraid of getting sued. But I know some don't stick to just asking that question because I have used my brother as a fake reference in the past and they did ask him more questions than just when did I work for him. But he said good things ;) I love my bro.