Obama tried to stall Iraq Troop Withdrawl? (Official 'Obama Bashing' Thread)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mermaid, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

This is why I did not trust him and my gut told me he was "not a man of change "! Like al politician's he has a personal agenda and also at the expense of the soliders fighting over there. For someone who promised to withdrawl troops and wants this war to end ....hmmm guess not until after he was elected eh?
    Talk about some audacity. Wouldn't undermining the efforts of our military and government be considered some sort of treason? As a junior senator, should he really be conducting his own talks with foreign leaders?? Especially when that goes against what our president and congress want? Not mentioning the fact he is campaigning on a promise of a speedy withdrawal...pffftt he is NO better then Bush or the other candidates. I know most love and adore him....even believe he is for the people but clearly after you read this article, hopefully your eyes will be open and see he is just like the rest of them. ;)
    We do not have one candidate worthy to represent any American IMO and Obama has really sunken to a new level to use the troops and this war for his victory to win an election. We know McCain wants them to win at this war and he is open about it ....do not agree on that either. But here is the man EVERYONE thinks is so against war and wants us out but ohhh wait....not until he wins. I am not sure what is worse.....???

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0915200...tried_to_stall_gis_iraq_withdrawal_129150.htm

2. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

You know I aint voting him, but.....

Sorry, I agree with him. The Bush administration has been keeping the withdrawal deal hush hush....why? Cause they want the credit for it instead of whoever wins in November. There are not going to be any additional removal of troops for a little while, despite what any candidate does. They've done the cuts for this year.

I personally think it is. If it wasn't for the UN mandate, which is not binding on any country, it WOULD be illegal. The President doesn't, or didn't, have the power to wage war. Only Congress.

Um...Iraq wants us to be out by 2011...that is the number on the table RIGHT NOW....if Obama wins, puts in a new ambassador, we throw a draft agreement to them by 2010, and it takes 6 more months for them to process it...that would be about 2011

And the author of that Article? He has been accused multiple times of making shit up.

3. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Lion you pretty much summed it up man. Of course all politicians can be rats. As for the withdrawl that shit is going to take time to dcrease prescence. you can't just withdrawl and take everyone out at the same time or in a very short period of time. Not only does that look like we ran with our tails between our legs but makes other countries think we are bastards who won't help you restablish and get your feet on the ground just leaving you to do it for themselves, which wold really be some toe stepping. Could you imagine how the world would view us if we just went over there did what we have done then left after we helped destroy their land and not offer any type of assitance whatsoever. Shouldn't have gone in the first place is the bottom line then we wouldn't have had to deal with withdrawl times/deadlines and wouldn't be putting tons of great peoples lives in danger 24/7 over there.

4. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

You're not getting info on Obama from the internet...are you Mermaid?

Just thought that since you didn't want to use info gained from the internet to form an opinion on Palin that you'd feel the same way about Obama. :wink:

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

The Iraq Occupation is sad all around, but...

"Obama isn't any better than bush." Are you actually serious??!!!

I'm not about to get into a debate, but after the last eight yrs., I'd vote for Zippy The PinHead; that is, as long as he's a Democrat! Most likely, Hell's freezing over and Pig's(with lipstick, even)are flying before I ever even THINK about voting for another Repub(e)lican...fed, state, or local!

MOST ppl get tired of being fucked over this bad, this long.

If you'r so against Obama(or is it his skin color?), go ahead and vote for bush again in '08. Atleast he hasn't stripped of us that Right! That is...with the exception of Presidential election's...

6. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

P.s

This man has not even gotten elected yet. Who knows what will happen....If someone actually takes the time to read through my OBAMA posts I have been saying this all...HE IS A POLITICIAN...same as a squirrel is a squirrel and a giraffe is a giraffe....He's a POLITICIAN folks...nuff' said..

I rarely waste my thought process trying to critically analyze anything about a policitician, because there are about 25 aspects you have no clue about, therefore are totally UNQUALIFIED to speak about...no offense to anybody here, but I am pretty sure that 95% have no idea what REALLY goes on.

Just like gas prices...NOBODY really knows (with the exception of maaybe 100 people out of 8 Billion) why they are up...Someone might say a few reasons why, but there are probably 150 REAL LEGITIMATE reasons...so why even try and wrap your brain around it....

Get VISAS, buy a sailboat, and when you run out of money, port in and WORK. Fuck this country in 20 years, it's going to be crazy.

CAN ANYONE TELL I HATE TALKING POLITICS?!

7. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...K ind of like the "Battered Wife Syndrome" eh?...

...I wonder how long, or how dark it will have to get before we Americans get out of this relationship with a corrupt government in place...or the future "more of the same" dribble that we have been forced to accept as choices...fuck choices...fuck leaders with agendas, like their backpockets.

...N ever you mind is the order of the day when it comes to the truth.

...D eal me in when it comes to change, 'cuz I got change in a variety of colors...anyone like green?

Bud...

...DC...:XXsunsmile::new_scatter:

8. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Nahhh was the NY Post ;) Live near NY so I get the online news.

Daze, could not agree more with the battered wife syndrome. They are all politicians and we should treat them accordingly. ;)

They all suck IMO! :)

9. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

I would just hope we can all agree it's a no-win situation. I still gotta go with badass bro McCain but I will say one more thing on the subject. I Won't be voting for Obama just 'cause he's hip enough to Rock the Vote with Puff Daddy and Rolling Stone Magazine tells me he's cool. He ain't cool. Toaster Strudels are cool. Crayons the size of people are cool. Those chairs shaped like hands are cool. Cops and Politicians are not cool.

I'm not walking into this blindly uninformed and, I'd like to think I've heard enough about this bullshit to make a decision. Most of this is a non-point anyway. I'm more concerned about local and state level representation whom these Colostomy Bags will have to listen to.

10. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Ahhhh...so it WAS from the internet.

I just wanted to be clear is all. :ebert: