Purple Power Possible for Outdoor 2012

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Ognennyy, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

I was considering getting my hands on some good purple power seeds for mothers for outdoor 2012. I think I wanna go with three strains this year, and I wanted one to be a Sativa.

Purple Power seemed like the natural, if not only (given weather conditions) choice. I need plants that will remain less than 8', be mold resistant, give a decent yield, and FINISH BY MID SEPTEMBER.

Reading some weed literature the other day I stumbled upon an article that suggested "early flowering sativas" were one of three MJ categories that don't propagate well by cutting. I'm gonna go ahead assume that a Sativa harvested mid September qualifies as early flowering.

So how about it? Any of ya'll have experience with Purple Power? Can I in fact count on it to finish by mid September? Is it true that you can't really clone them? If so... fuck.... gotta buy feminized :-(

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

What part of the world you n to have to chop mid September.

3. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Northeastern US, roughly similar climate to BC. I technically don't have to chop that early. Thing is this year I noticed mold growing on one or two that I pulled late. The places I plan to grow next year are a bit of a drive from here. There are three locations, two of which are within a few miles of one another. The third is in the opposite direction, and so it's roughly a two hour drive from the first two locations to the third.

I don't wanna have to do that quantity of driving several times per week in the last few weeks of their flowering, worrying about "omg it's gonna rain next couple days, better go out and check em..." I just wanna know that I can pull them, at the latest, by September 20. At that time of year I don't have to sweat the mold, so I can just drive out there once or twice when I know they're about ready to harvest, care-free with regards to the weather.

And I found my answer: yes, purple power does tend to be difficult to clone. My being a rookie and only ever having taken cuttings twice in my life, I don't wanna chance missing my small window of opportunity this spring. So I'm just going to spend the dough and go feminized.

4. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

nw Oregon valleys

Purple power finished mid to late october golden queen mid sept no mold la confidential & obomba mid sept some bud mold purple erkle & big buds mid octobe:roffl:r no mold in rain.

And We were next to a river about 50 feet above the water So by late september we had some good fog on the river

5. 420/24/7/4/12

420/24/7/4/12 Excommunicated

I would NEVER grow a plant outdoors that is over 6' tall unless it is legal. Bigger plants are easier seen from the ground and especially the air. I would recommend chopping the tops to keep the plant under 6" unless it is grown in an area where it needs to be tall because of the surrounding growth, then in this case I would plant less per area and only allow them to grow tall because they would probably remain small in diameter as they would stretch instead of spreading out.

6. 420/24/7/4/12

420/24/7/4/12 Excommunicated

Can you please tell us where you obtained these seeds and for any further post about any strains, can you please post the place you obtained them from as well. Thanks