My TOP COLA has been DE-CAPITATED!PLZ ADVISE!

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by TheApprentice, Oct 25, 2006.

1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

As some of you may know and may have seen in my garden links below my signature,i have been growing one of my plants through the LST method since it was a little girl and i have been reasonably successful with it,if you look at my pictures called 'multi colas under lamps',etc you will see that i had around 5 real good top colas and it was hard to tell the original and since i took those pics the other colas have risen in height so i now have around 7.....stick with me here ppl.

Soooo i had lowered the lights to a safe distance to densen and thicken my buds,etc and all was going well but the main stalk where i had LST'd it to engineer it so that the top cola grew up but also that its stem went horizontally,well there was what u would describe as some broken skin on the stem where the two bends met and it seemed to be healing ok just like any other LST-ing i had done,etc.

Today i was pruning dead leaves,etc and just basically tending my garden when i tried to PROP up the original main top cola as it had sunken and the weight of it looked as though the stalk couldnt handle it and the red skin breaks had turned brown...cut a long story short my top cola and the whole stalk below it right up to the point of LST bending FELL OFF:5masked: .As you can imagine i freaked out but as some of you may know this aint the first time i have been in contact with a severed plant,lol,and the last one was severed TOTALLY and its became my best budding plant so far,at least this is only ONE (even though its the original cola) cola out of many so the plant is in no danger and looks just as it should at this stage of flowering(4-5wks).

My questions are in no particular order:I have put the whole fallen of stalk and cola in a glass of water will it root?(it looked dead yesterday but after some darkeness and plenty light it ACTUALLY looks healthy although its obviously not cod it aint got a root system.Is it a lost cause?)

My next question is if it cannot be rooted or saved(its not huge but has enough legnth and nodes/buds to live i think)then can it be cured as it has a good few buds on it(i know the potency will be shit)and i hate to waste buds,so can it be cured and smoked?

My next question is my top colas are now a fingertip to bottom of wrist distance from my lights is it time to raise the lights(they aint burnt or nuthin)cos i suspect the original top cola was too heaby and the main stem didnt heal properly cos the lights were drying the wound out to much,any ideas why my stalk didnt heal like it always has done?

Im gonna get some pics done as soon as possible cos last night i had written the top cola bit of ther plant of as DEAD but when i went to put the lights on tonight the stem and cola look as though they would as if they were still attatched to the plant and not sitting in a container of water!Has anyone ever severed their top cola and got it to root in water????

Anyway dont worry about the plant as i say i have LST'd it from the start and had topped it a few times so i had ended up with multi colas and the only noticable difference is the bareness that the original top cola has left(kinda like what NYC was like when the twin towers had fallen,eerily empty as though you know there should be summit in that space.)but apart from that all the buds are getting denser.

What worries me is that my smaller non LST plant looks as if its 2 weeks away from curing cos the buds are dank thick beauties that are hard and firm and huge looking but the LST plant is lagging a bit,its producing but at a slower rate(i assume this is to counter the extra stress LST-ing has on the plant?)....what i really wanna know is could it be possible that the LST plant will produce a huge shoot from the hole that has been left on the stalk?????

Thanks for reading all this guys but i just need some solid advise on this matter,ANY of the questions that can be answered will be appreciated as usual.Smoke On ppl.:punk:

2. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

so you lost a top cola? if late in flowering, you have two options: dry it and smoke it, clone it and reveg it. cloning a flowering plant while it is deep into flowering, and trying to get it to root, and grow more bud, is not a great idea. it will take a long time, and plants usually lose their vigor. they won't grow at all really the entire time it takes them to root, the buds will just stay mostly the same size, and mature a little more maybe.

"any ideas why my stalk didnt heal like it always has done?"

have to see a pic of what you mean to give you an answer, but, was the stem bent badly? because either broken end could of been pinched shut, cutting off flow of transpiration to the upper half.

3. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

cheers plastik...anymore feedback?

CHEERS PLASTIK,nah the stem ws MORE bend badly than anything else,it defo wasnt to much pinching cos the stem was wide as a Mut*****ka!It was seriously chunky thats why im shocked that this happened,one day it was red turning green then after lowering my lamps a tiny bit it went brown round the open wounds instead of green,dont know if the weight of the cola was too much but the stem looked as though it more than could have coped with the weight of the cola.

Its really really weird cos last night the severed cola was a goner then today its all perked up and looking as if its still on the plant,is this just a temp thing cos im storing the plant in water im fooling it into thinking its still getting fed from the roots kinda thing.

Last time a top cola was severed it withered and died instantly but this one is different,it looks as if it could survive,if i could just root this baby then id have a nice plant /clone potential.Smoke on

4. buddomi

buddomi Banned

5. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

In a bad flushing accident gone wrong i broke the top cola off of one of my WW the other day.. I dryed it out and am now curing it..it's def low grade and i am in the the final 3-4 weeks of flowering.. it was not that great.. i owuld suggest cloning it if you can..but if not then just dry it and use it as filler with you mature bud in the end...

6. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Fuck it ma man, lets make some quiso/Hashish from it, then we'l at least get a smaller POTENT smoke of what YOU have their!!!!

"Just an idea"!!!!!...lol

Anyway, it seemed OK the other week i was up, and seemed to healing OK too!!!

But, one thing i was thinking when i was looking at it, was, that you had slightly bent it over a little too much, nearly to the point of BREAKING it, but as i said, it did seem to be HEALING, so that why i left it too .....u get me bro???

Use it as a Clone/For HASHISH/SMOKE, whatever........ "its still BUD bro!!!!"

I "Personally, just think u slightly bent it a lil, just a lil too much and the weight of the TOPS have been too much for that much of a bend to heal properly my brotha........

But, again..... Fuck it!

SMOKE/CLONE/MAKE HASH from it....... its only choices Left now, my man......

Peace n RESPECT,

UrBigBuddie............;0...lol

7. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

My leaves are Bright yellow at top colas,dont know why/

its perked up a bit in the water so i'll give it a chance but if it starts to whether im gonna smoke its ass,im just hoping the plant will sprout something with potential before its too late.The LST must slow the harvest rate down considrably cos my other plant is almost ready but the LST one is showing little crystals and the buds arent as big,also the multi top colas leaves round the bud are turning a bright yellow colour which i dont know what it means and iv tried the FAQS.plz advise

8. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

need pictures.

9. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

hmm???????

Im thinking...."a watering or nutrient deficiency , but think ma brotha.... your late in flowering too, so.it might just be the leaves using their ENERGY up to fill the buds out , you get me ???

Thats what's happening to mine at the moment too!!! (totally!!!...lol)

It was "NORMAL" on my last one too and the last, as its quite LATE in flowering NOW init bro???? Tink man Tink!!:sign13:

We'l just have to wait n see eh bro?

Either way its going down the HATCH at some piont!!!.....lmao

Peace Out, RESPECT bro......

UrBigBuddie..........:sign13: :punk: :confused: :sign13:

10. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

pictures plz advise

Here are a few pics showing the LST'd plant minus the original top colas aswell as the top cola still on life support in water!Im gonna post more but take a look at the other colas cos they lookin burnt even though i have raised the lamps to the max height and it is a safe height so why are my LST colas looking withered and burnt? LST minus top cola.jpg

whats wrong with this cola.jpg

WTF.jpg

PLZ ADVISE.jpg

my severed topcola  in water.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/57a6c91b12422_LSTminustopcola.jpg.dc9bab143d5d2b420e6e4589dd3d785b.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/57a6c91b157eb_whatswrongwiththiscola.jpg.e212b9e36009d713e37674b3d52679d3.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/WTF.jpg.225bb5a0ca35e9973ccc862aaa74d4c8.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/57a6c91b1b931_PLZADVISE.jpg.125551a4987d23298526776dd138a83e.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/57a6c91b1ed59_myseveredtopcolainwater.jpg.1c687a2929b1ddb890b4c588c95c5226.jpg

11. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

more pics different plant,same garden,same clones!

plastik here is my other plant which dont look much but i can assure you that hiding deep within the stalk and along the stems and hiding uinder leaves are some thick,hard,dense and dank buds that are practically weeks away from cropping.shit i forgot to add a full on view i think,but these are the close ups of the older but smaller and non LST'd plant which is nearly ready cos it got crystals poppin up all over but the LST plant is looking burnt at the top colas and the crystals aint even appearing properly .....yet! dankest plant nearly ready.jpg

dankest top cola.jpg

closeup on dank branches.jpg

even more dank buds on stems.jpg

inner dank plant.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/57a6c91b22ad1_dankestplantnearlyready.jpg.54718798516b506fd8faae58ee5d032f.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/57a6c91b26b39_dankesttopcola.jpg.a25fec9ad16b099b48effbe6bed32035.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/57a6c91b2b8d2_closeupondankbranches.jpg.6249dfadf971062fcf895977eb9d5338.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/57a6c91b2fb58_evenmoredankbudsonstems.jpg.b65a6c05ef3900ad6fc3acde4e5e24dc.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/57a6c91b345b3_innerdankplant.jpg.d108e107d58bf68bf79472637b04c040.jpg

12. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

thought id add a few more pics of both plants( LST and normal):qbluewacko: here are a few other pics that i aint added to any of my gardens yet,took them just to post on this thread really but got carried away and took tons of pics.Peace i have added some of the bud sites im worried about so any feedback would be appreciated,i must point out though that the non LST plants buds are the dankest iv ever grew and i took a flash dry smoke and it was more rewarding than i thought it would be whereas i wouldnt even take a bud from the LST plant cos when i look with the loupe there dont seem to be many crystals,what can i do if anything to get the crystals to kick in like the non-LST plant?Plz advise ps.Notice my BURNT colas?Had to chop one of and now iv got the plant tied horizontally cos it was nearly reaching my lights!

DE capitation site.jpg

MY GARDEN.jpg

frontal LST view.jpg

burnt cola.jpg

WTF.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/57a6c91b3979b_DEcapitationsite.jpg.8ec0fcf698f9bc461c8b85d1c645811f.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/57a6c91b3e4ba_MYGARDEN.jpg.6f139b1a2e18173e5c6607affb772e54.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/57a6c91b42ff8_frontalLSTview.jpg.ad7b59e15f95c8446af56187460d54bd.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/57a6c91b488bb_burntcola.jpg.5231f52ef04506fd968e70d40f5df461.jpg

/monthly_2006_10/WTF.jpg.16a7a21beeee0f79a546ca2ae5bb07d1.jpg

13. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Bending Time!!!

Totally see what ya meaning bro..(good picture examples ma man!!!)

Id go for the O'l special" bending the whole TOP over and just letting the REST pick up just now, and let the TOP's get the light thats left, so the TOP's dnt burn out, before the others catch up in Maturity....U get me man?

Try that, it should most definately HELP you there and save your TOP's!!!

(just get that string you got, and tie them buggers down so they DONT fuckin BURN!!!)

P.S, the litle fuckers did that on me on my last one, so it had to bent remem bro???

Keeps the TOP's/the BEST bits...lol....to shriveling up n burning away all the goodness...

Fuck it..just tie em down ma man, and you'l be total fine im pretty sure!!!!

Peace Out for NOW MY MAN......

UBB..........:sign13: :punk: :sign13:

14. bigcfrombigd

bigcfrombigd Germinated

cut cola dohh!

I was cutting my males out doh.. cut a female from seed. I put the cut top into root hormone and put it in the only 4" rockwool block. This top was a 2 ft. and I took a good 7-8 inches. Well after a week it rooted and man I now have a good grandma plant or top flowering from the base. Which to do? Romulan and was 4 out of 6 female from seeds. Like to veg and clone. Gave some to friends and the crop proliferates. VIVA ROMULAN! PEACE!:love4: :)

15. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

Hey Apprentice it looks like you got some P def in there or maybe some lockout. what is that pH of your soil. cause them leaves are looking mighty suspicious man...hmmmm you might wanna correct that

16. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

AS long as it keeps producing those big dank buds im not gonna fuck around with it...

yeah i know,most of the leaves are now purple but the buds just keep getting denser and thicker with tons of crystals all over so i aint too worried about it,iv got a few weeks to go but i think this plant will be done early,im only using bud bloom and bud booster organic nutes which should contain most of the ingrediants i need to stop definiences so i cant figure it out but the proof is in the pudding as they say.... iv got a mate bringing me some extra feed cos we looked up that thread/link you posted and so we know what kind of probs it is.Its got the best looking buds iv ever had compared to the other plant which i had to tie down cos it was burning my top colas but its all taking shape now......just a few weeks to go!!PATIENCE

17. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Tying them down will help>>a little S&M can go a long way...good luck with your ladies! :)

Your right on the proof is in the puddin! Hope it all works out peachy for you!

Peace~jersey :animbong: