Difficulty setting up my cool tube

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by sierra, Oct 26, 2006.

1. sierra

sierra Germinated

Hi fellas. I'm in the process of setting up my cool tube, however, I'm having trouble removing the cord from my batwing reflector. I have no man around the house and I'm not strong enough to pull the cord out nor remove the cord cap to loosen it a little. Any suggestions on how I should remove it? Thank you my friends.

-Sierra cord.GIF

2. Jake

Jake A Fat Sticky Bud

I slid my cool tube right over the bulb in the batwing. I didn't take anything apart just added the tube.

3. sierra

sierra Germinated

Still Stuck

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not Mrs. Fixit, so I didn't go the "build it yourself" route. I purchased the hydrofarm cool tubes thinking they would be much easier for me. They come with a pre set socket assembly inside the tube. I just need to insert the wires and tighten the screws, but I'm having such a hard time getting this darn cord out so I can wire it. I purchased two of them and I was able to get the cord from my sun system socket easy enough, but this agrostar batwing is becoming a pain. I've got the other cool tube up and running but had to continue using the batwing for the time being since I couldn't remove the cord from it. I can't seem to pull it out nor pry the plastic clamp thingy which is securing it. I'm stuck at the moment. Any idea on how to proceed is much appreciated.

-Sierra

4. Jake

Jake A Fat Sticky Bud

Cut the cord right next to the socket, pop out the

strip the ends and push them through.

5. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

I see what you mean.

That black plastic thing that hold the cord in the white plastic is designed to keep the cord from moving.

It's a pain in the butt however on the inside of the can there may be something of a little lip. Something that one can take a flat tip screwdriver and carfully push in so that the lip will go below the size of the hole and let that cord pop out.

I'm guessing naturally but I hope that black thing is some kind of locking ring that can be pushed back out and later pushed back in.

What do you think?