what next?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by friendlyfarmer, Dec 26, 2007.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Here are the four plants of my first grow. They've been vegging under 36000 floro lumens for 4 weeks and three days.
    [​IMG]

These are the taller two

[​IMG]

Here's a top

[​IMG]

I'm gonna start flower in about a week and a half. Can anyone tell me what they guess sex wise for this plant?

[​IMG]

another thing - is the miracle grow brand perlite OK to use for clones and for hempy grows?

thanks folks. merry christmas / happy holidays!:icon_bounce:

ff

2. Redbeard

Redbeard Excommunicated

ill be honest, usually the taller ones are male. thats just from wat ive experienced.

3. kama3

kama3 Established Healthy Roots

my experience says less bushier no mom.

4. ElektroBuds

ElektroBuds Veggy Stage

looking nice and healthy

im thinking the stretchy one could be a male

EB

5. friendlyfarmer

thanks elektro - I hope at least one is a GIRL! I'm banking on this grow to give me something to smoke while i hempy a bubblicious crop:qbluewacko:

any advice on the miracle grow brand perlite? that's all i can find around here this time of year. No perlite, no perlite no perlite.....crap crap crap

mrs farmer is getting annoyed with the smell in the house:eusa_shifty: i love them....hope I don't have to kill them. but i will kill the males since the seeds are bag seeds (from good but unknown pot) and i don't need mystery genes (or pollen) floating around once I start bubbs

man :XXsmoker: they are growing like 2 inches per day!

ff

6. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

On the Miracle-Gro Perlite don't use it . It's got nutes in it . On your plants they look Great!!!! Did you check for preflowers on them. What strain or are they bag seeds. Good Luck with your grow,-Bud

7. friendlyfarmer

thanks sombud! roger on the mg perlite. i'll hold out for non-nute pure stuff.

I don't know what pre-flowers look like. I have looked very closely at the place where the stems branch off, and all I see are things that look like little green thorns. i tried to take a pic of them, but came out blurry.

they are bag seeds. i have nirvana bubblicious and haze X skunk, which I plan to grow next. i'm gonna germ the seeds as soon as I get perlite.

i\

8. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

If you can't get perlite try vermiculite I can't find perlite this time of year around here.

9. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

I've had the same experiences w/males.

Your plants look nice-n-healthy ff! :thumbsup:

10. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

kool

have u thought about getting the canopy even by giving the short plants a boost to match the taller ones, and getting the lights closer?

What nutes are u giving them?

~they look good

11. friendlyfarmer

thanks much for the compliments on the plants. I am surprised they look as good as they do. very pleased too!

vermeculite, huh? are there any downsides to using it for the hempy method, and for rooting clones? if not, I'll get it today! It seems ubiquitous.

DaBurner - yep, someone else suggested that to me. I'm just lazy. that dirt is HEAVY. But now that it's come up again, I'll do it. Thanks for the advice.

i've seen mr. douglas's and sombud's handiwork. you guys rock! And El C is my hero all the way. If I were younger and had more energy, I'd be running through the jungle with an m-16 too!

instead I'm wobbling through my kitchen with a snack in hand.

ff

12. lacdade

lacdade Germinated

Sex?

After about 2weeks or less of flowering the females will show the white long hairs that you've probably read about. They will be easy to spot. Don't worry too much about pollination 'cause you'll have time to get rid of males.

13. friendlyfarmer

thanks dude

thanks lactade. nuff said. I have read a ton about it, but geeked out anyway lol I WANT GIRLS!!!

ff

14. friendlyfarmer

finally - HID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well folks, this old farmer just ordered his first HPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love4:

Should be here in plenty of time to flower my girls (hopefully). I bought a 400 watt :sign13: HPS from HTG supply. It was only $150 including shipping and tax.

Can't wait to put my babies under that sucker, switch to 12/12, and watch the magic happen!!!!

BTW, I noticed Mr. Douglas asking about ID of a bag seed plant he grew. Any way to tell what strain a plant is by looking at it / smelling it?

:fly: