UC systems or Under Current for hydro growers

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by CCrete, Jan 8, 2012.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

A good friend of mine just bought a 6 site UC system and is having INSANE results with it and its only in VEG at the moment

Its a widely used system within the MEDI states, the allure of it is that you have a certain plant count but theres no plant yield specifications from the states, so this is a system to grow TREES in. Im talkin bout 2-3-4-5-6-7 POUND trees and its system specific. I've been watchin a few growers consistantly (over 2years) on THCfarmer that achieve the 3-4LB mark on every plant on every cycle, one guy runs 4k over his 6pot system and is getting 15+lbs every 3 months.

Ive also seen a guy who is trying to reach his goal of a 7LBer and is always close to it and a few who TALK of a 10LB mark in the future

Well, as long as my slime issue stays away and as soon as I get back from vacation in a few weeks, I should be able to see my buddys system in flower......IF IF IF I like what I see, Im going to go with a 6pot as well, for the $850 its WELL worth it IMO

I dunno, what do you guys think??????????? Lets have some chatter on this if possible

http://cch2o.com/

[​IMG]

2. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Double D invented this system and sold it to undercurrent....I have seen several AMAZING grows done this way...It was started being called MPB's Medical patient buckets...A way to keep the yield up and the plant count down...It takes alot of power and alot of nute is the only real downsides

3. CCrete

Yea, I followed DoubleD for over a year then he got jammed up I think cuz he stopped posting and his pics fell off the net. The MPBs are killer itemsas well, so many variations out there to choose from tho, thats why its nice to be able to plug n play a UC system

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Got a Colo buddy growing in these and his yields are ALWAYS one pound plus per plant. Stash is right, it's a system of brute force growing. Lot's of power, lots of light, lots of nutes............. and lots of yield. Sounds right up your alley CC.

5. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I too have been keeping up with the ICmag and Doubled's MPBuckets. Or should I say totes. Friggen insane results but like stash says....A lot of nutes and tons of power.

One of my rooms is a combination of both MPB and RDWC. MPB for its bottom feed and top drain. RDWC for its smaller buckets. I pull 3# every 2 months. I need to add 2K worth of lights to this all ready 2400watt room and I should see at least 4-5#'s. I veg in another room and only use this room to flower.

CC, Give UC a try and tell us how it grows. IMO any system is going to yield, just need the right conditions and tons of lights. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stash2.0 likes this.
  6. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Great mass Blah Blah....Did it get locked out at some point ? or are the lights making the roots look that color....

7. CCrete

To a point your correct but thats any product I suppose, but how "smooth" would the homemade run? Would the homemade LEAK like a champ? Absolutly it would....the beauty is in the molded tubs and uniseals, everything is inset with the tubs and is total lightproof, like an EZ cloner. They have about 20 differant models for all types of grower needs. The uniseals they run are specific to their design and act accordingly, homemades leak terribly. Also dont forget eveything is laser cut and not done with by freehand with a lowes holesaw

After it all, if u did a homemade you might save 100-200 bucks...for the cost of a half OZ, ill buy

8. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I think their system prices looking on ebay are way too fuckin high. The other thing that turns me off about these is you need a chiller so you can add a hell of a lot more money to make the system run smoother.

Im mostly only growing for personal use which I never run out anyway but for a third this price I can go floor ebb and flo auto system.

t6

9. CCrete

Im in it at about $1500 id say...thats 5ozs to me and if it can boost my yields by 300% or more than its a no brainer IMO....I get around 22-26 or so OZ from my 1k 4pot systems......if I can combine some of my lights and run a 4 pot UC system on 2 differant cycles, ill gain around 3lbs per harvest, thats where im headed with this, im figuring about a 18lb+ upgrade per year if this system functions as it should and as ive seen, thats also with a rookie going at the UC system, get it dialed in and its endless yielding

10. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Wasn't Useless going to post a homemade system?

Do you need to run at least a 1000? Would a 600 be too small? 2 600's?

How tall of a space?

11. blah blah boy

Some of it has to do with the lighting when taking the pic but yes at the end I did get locked. I need to invest in an RO system. The build up is getting bad in the buckets/control/rez.

12. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

I would love to see this happen. Watch it all come together. Learn something hopefully. Do it man..

Blah blah, do you have any more pics of how yours is set up?

13. blah blah boy

WHich room? The one that you saw the roots in the last page?

I have an 18 bucket system in a tunnel, 3- 6 bucket systems (simple RDWC), 2-12 bucket system's (simple RDWC but hard piped) and the big "6" (it's what I call it) which is the my hybrid of RDWC and MPB vertical lighting.

14. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Damn BBB. I haven't been paying attention. You've been busy! :coool:

15. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

I have been Modding the 1" tub outlets with a little sanding a 3/4" hard pvc couplings can be pressure fit on with a rubber mallet. It's doesn't leak then from there it's all hardline fitting and pipe with cement. Use the miter saw and it's quicker and easier than the soft tubing. It doesn't come apart easily but never leaks. It's simpler than you would imagine. I may research these UC systems and make a new setup for the 6 bucket 2kw area. Any links you would consider useful?

16. SteelCity Smoker

Cancel that I had a chance to look at this stuff not real secretive about how it works or what exact equipment and specs to try to match. The UC and UC xl use 2" flow lines which is actually the same as a standard tub or shower drain that's available at HD for $6.25. Which Pvc is plenty strong enough for the low pressures. Pvc fitting and pipe is readily available. The piece you need for where the pump connects is a 2"slipx2"slipx3/4" FIPT reducing Tee $4.50@HD which you can screw a 3/4" MIPT to slip adapter and run 3/4" directly to another slip to male fitting at the pump. Seems like most of the upper end mag drive pumps have an inline option. PLantlighthyro has a 950gph inline 3/4" NPT fittings for $90. Other than that it's some 8 gal totes with offset holes in the lids for net pots and a res.

Cost Evaluation which I'm estimating for a 6 bucket.

Tub fittings x14( 2 fittings per bucket and 2 at res)@6.25 $87.50,

2" PVC DWV pipe 10ftx2@6.75 $13.50

reducing Tee is $4.50

3/4" adapters and pipe $10

8 or 10 gal totes x6@6 $36

50gal tote reservoir $20

950 gph inline pump $90

I'm going to leave out the air stones and pumps since I have all that stuff. So grand total is $261 plus some incidentals or possibly higher quality totes at 7.50 each so say $300 at max.

If you were to add the 6" discs it would add an additional $100-125 or 4" for $50. 8 outlet 80watt air pumps (6 buckets and 2 leads for the res) are $65 with manifold.

I think it would be worth building myself to save myself anywhere from $3-500 plus the shipping cost and hassle. Using common Pvc cement at the slips and teflon tape at threaded fittings with some attention to detail it wouldn't leak at all. Just my thoughts...Steel

17. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Theres a thread somewhere with Useless system on it.

Steel,

Hats off to you for being able to pull those systems off. I tried a couple of times with full hydro and didn't fair well.

18. CCrete

I get 20% off, Im guna buy, ill be out maybe $600 for a plug n play 4 pot.....and will be running 2-1k lights on a mover and 3-600s in the dead corners, leaving 1 corner "dead".......Ill just run the rails over the 1 end an extra foot to cover that dead zone.....

Also thinking about doing the SPLITTERS and going with 7-600s

ALL vert hanging

With 3800watts and 360 coverage on the girls, im thinking 1.5-2.5LB per plant would be reasonable for a first run, all told....8LB + would be within reason

Also, the biggest and best move to make is your VEG to prep for the UC systems........a nice 4x4 table of flood and drain will get them to the point where they are about a foot tall already and from my readings and speakings with Paul at UC......thats the size that they TAKE OFF in the UC and they triple in size within 2 weeks then flip

19. SteelCity Smoker

I already let mine get that tall before transplanting. The roots have to be long enough to hit the bottom of the cloner before I'll move em into bigger waters. I may try this but I"m kinda skeptical of the results. I was reading about how long you have to veg and I"m not so sure it wouldn't be the same results with a RDWC setup. 4-6 weeks veg is recommended I"m currently doing like 2 weeks under the big lights after their a foot tall. So I'm going to watch you before I do anything. You're going to have to hire some mexicans because 8 lbs to trim at one time is el loco...Steel

20. CCrete

I hear ya on the length of roots from the cloner but its the MASS of roots thats needed for the plant to excel like they do

UC is a RDWC system, its just on steroids......the high flow force feeds due to the high o2 keeping to roots open to feed 24/7