Listen up...

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Administrator, Jun 25, 2009.

1. talltrees

talltrees A Fat Sticky Bud

meh mk had it coming

2. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

God Dam let the ass kissing begin . Watch out Herb they might knock you over getting in line:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I just had too. Couldn't stay a way this place is habit forming to tell you the truth I didn't realize you where gone. Welcome Back-Bud

3. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

:welcome: BACK HERB!!!!

We missed ya man... glad you're back!!!

Peace

-LM

4. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

sweet herb:thumbsup: sux the terms of your unretirement tho

5. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

I called that one months ago.......... :icon_rolleyes:

:smokin:

Welcome back Herb.

6. Ginsberg

Ginsberg Developed Alternating Nodes

When I first tried to retire I couldn't stay away, at first. I had spent 20 years building up a business and a reputation. And you can't just walk away from that kind of thing. I had as much as emotional investment in that business as I have with 25 years of marriage to Mrs. Ginsberg.

I felt like the younger guys didn't have their finger on the pulse, didn't get the vibe, you know? And they probably didn't. But they will. The same way we all get it.

There was a peculiar vibe that I got from this forum (and I've lurked around most of them) that I didn't get anywhere else. My hat is off to you and the others who 'built' that. From everything I see now Herb, you have a group of moderators with a well ingrained sense of the core values of GK, as I have come to know them. And then there are the others that are quick to maintain the civility of this forum with thoughtfulness and diplomacy that is unique to the mj forums.

I hope I'm not presumptuous in offering you this advice: Pass the torch with thankfulness. Thankfulness that the forum is in good hands that are influenced in no small part by the spirit and example of their predecessors. And they, in turn, will do the same. Best of luck, always.

7. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Wasnt agrow from ohio too?

And i knew herb wasnt gonna leave... or should i say, i knew he would keep reading here even if he wasnt posting. But its probably pretty hard to walk away from the page you most frequent on a daily basis for years and years.

Im surprised i can actually take a break from this place in the winter when im not growing outside... This is probably "THE ONLY" forum im registered to. The rest im just a spectator at.

CHEERS HERB!! by the way, im seriously jealous of your mini farm.

8. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Well said. :ebert:

We've got a good bunch of mods here and I know that in time they will grow and become more comfortable with things. As it stands right now we're working on restructuring so bear with us.

I have to accept that the other mods are not me (thank god) and must give them all the chance to do things in their own way whether I agree with it or not. There's always more than one way to skin a cat as they say. I'm working on letting go of the control so that I can once again enjoy this site and not feel like it's a burden I'd rather unload. I do have a lot invested here but I also have to trust my team.

I was foolish to think that I could just walk away and let them take over. We have to make a smooth transition and let things play out in their own time. So for now I'm still at the helm but I'd like to reach a point where I can relax a bit and enjoy some free time to just browse the site and get back in with the members. That's what drew me here in the first place. :animbong:

I apologize to all for any stupid shit I've pulled in the past few weeks. Even I get stuck on stupid at times. :icon_confused:

Mermaid likes this.