Dishonest couriers make Spinky sad

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by spinkler, Jan 13, 2010.

1. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

So, here's the beginning of my rant.

I've been waiting very eagerly for my lighting and ducting to arrive.. Yesterday I was following the consignment online and found all of a sudden that.. wait for it.. I WASN'T HOME. My dogs did not bark at the door, nobody came up my driveway, there was no knock, yet I received an "undeliverable" notice.

Okay fine. I've dealt with couriers before. Having no credit on my phone I go down to the phone box to explain what happened to the courier company. The lady there was quite helpful and issued a redelivery free of charge. She told me to leave the card at the front door with any special instructions. So on the note I told them to knock, and that we'd be home all day.

So here comes the real doozy. I wake up this morning, track the parcel all day, anticipating it's arrival. 5:20pm arrives and I begin to wonder... So I call the courier company and find out an ETA. The courier arrives at 6pm on the dot and BLOCKS my front door with my packages. I tell him I'll come right out to sign for it, and he says "no it's fine, I have this, have a good day" and leaves! I'm trying my hardest to get out my front door to get my delivery. I get out there and pick it up and to my dismay I hear thousands of shards of glass rattling around. Damage had not even crossed my mind, and I tried to get out there to stop him leaving but he was long gone.

Naturally, I tried calling the courier company the moment I got back inside... But being 6pm they had just gone home.

I've left the boxes unopened for now, and I've mailed the company I bought the products from. Being so scared to open the boxes before I speak to the couriers, I don't even know if the cool tube is okay. I'm thinking it should be, but the globe sounds utterly destroyed. Merry Christmas, huh? :(

Oh well. I just wanted to let off some steam to a community that may well understand my frustrations. Thanks for reading my rant, I hope you fare better than I do with courier deliveries in the future.

BTW Mr. Courier, this one's for you - :321fu:

2. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

... But honest and professional vendors make Spinky very happy!!

They just emailed me back and offered to replace everything that was broken if I emailed them some pictures of the damage!

It can be so reassuring to deal with such kind hearted people, especially when it comes to business!

3. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

:party5: for post #2.

Sorry about post #1.

I've never had quite that exp. but I've watched a package make it all the way to a neighboring town just to be rerouted back out of state.

Your story is worse.

Sorry you're still waiting.

Grat

P.S. Speaking of post "#'s", This is my 3000th.

4. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

DAMN that's bulllllssshit. I'm glad they're willing to help ya out and fuck the courier.

Grat! Drum roll please and it's peanut butter jelly time!

:nanner-2: 3000:nanner-2:

Oh yeah and spink what are you talking about a call box? That's what we have on the side of our highway system it calls for help...DSP

5. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

lol, congrats on post #3000 Grat! ;) No worries on the waiting.. I've got the pieces I need to start building the box. Unfortunately I'm a bit dry on cash at the moment - still need to buy some wood and other materials. It'll come together, though! :D

A phone box is just what we call a phone booth over here. I sometimes use the one near my place when I run out of credit on my prepaid mobile phone.

edit: Also, I sent photos of the damage to the retailer. The HPS globe was fine, they're sending me a new cool tube tomorrow. On the bright side I have some spare brackets, reflector strip and other bits and pieces salvaged from the broken cool tube. Spare parts! Whooo! :thumbs-up:

6. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

I decided to share some of the pics I took earlier... Damn bastards smashed that shit up good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Sorry to hear the trouble man. But what's the deal with that packaging?? No packing material????? I would have mentioned that so the next one doesn't end up the same.

8. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

If that was HTG Supply, thay have great customer service and will replace it no problem.

I ordered a cooltube from them and it arrived cracked, not broken, just cracked. I called them, they sent another one. It was cracked too. I called them back, they sent another one. It was fine. They told me to just throw the other ones away, or if they were still usable I could keep them. I kept them and have been using the first cracked one for over 2 years now. I have 2 more in the closet though. 3 for the price of 1 :nanner-2:

9. Mr. Gardener

Mr. Gardener Full Flowering

It's glass, and it was just wrapped in a piece of cardboard! That thing needs to be surrounded by 2-3 inches of styrofaom peanuts. The box should be stamped fragile all over the place too. Not all the courier's fault I think.

10. smoker69

smoker69 Excommunicated

oh wow

Kermit shit his new water when he heard. We are both sorry.

11. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Sounds like UPS

They have the worst service in the industry. I've heard it's because the drivers are union but don't know if that's true.

It's ultimately the senders fault if something isn't packed adequately.

12. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

Yeah true, the packaging did leave a little to be desired, but all is good! They sent out a new cool tube today via a different courier, and included free insurance. Should receive it tomorrow. :)

It wasn't UPS, we don't have them over here... I won't get into naming names though - as people have said I don't think it's entirely the couriers fault! :)