Sticky needs some advice

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by stickyicky24, Aug 29, 2009.

1. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Ok so I currently have several strains going that to this point have been getting the same feeding/watering schedule and for the most part have been doing well. But, as you would figure, a few aren't taking the nutes as well as others and 2 or 3 seem like they would benefit from a flush since I have yet to do one since transplanting into my larger pots (about 8 weeks ago). Also a few will end up going longer (the Strawberry Haze, WW, sative dom AK, and probably the Cheese as well) and I figure it might be nice to hit them with some veg nutes so they don't yellow too early since they will probably go another 5-7 weeks. So my question is..........do I...........

A.) Flush them all for simplicity reasons

B.) Flush the few that seem as if they need it more, give the ones that will go longer the veg batch of nutes, and keep the few that are doing well and will prob finish earlier on normal schedule.

C.) Flush them all, give them all a batch of veg nutes, and resume normal feeding after.

Now the only reason I ask is although options A and C are the best for simplicity reasons, if the extra work means it will pay off I will do it. I just don't know if for the few that will probably only go 8-9 weeks its better to stack the feeds in a row with a longer final flush or flush now and then give them 2 clean feeds before final flush. I know this is a long post but I hope someone will take the time to read it and give some good feedback. Thanks all.

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Why flush if nobody is over ferted?

3. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Res.......thanks for replying man you always manage to give a helping hand and I really appreciate it. Sorry if I was unclear but 2 or 3 of them are showing signs of over doing it a little.......with burnt tips and a little bit along the outer margins of the leaves. And 2 of those 3 are the ones I expect to be chopped earlier just because they are heavier indica looking and have developed alot more quickly. Plus I haven't flushed any of these plants since like 3 weeks veg and they have been in these big pots for like 8 weeks, and I'm a little concerned about salt build up maybe locking out. I mean you're right all but 3 are looking fairly good I just want to make sure I can stretch them all as long as I want cause I'm willing to let them take as long as they need. I have very little experience with this since it's only my 2nd indoor grow and just want things to continue to go smooth.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I follow ya sticky. Here's the way I look at flushing. This is just my opinion and others may think differently. Flushing is a last resort in my garden. Granted, everything in my grow is fully organic with no possible build up of mineral salts. If it's a matter of slight overfeeding I'd rather hold up on nutes and let the plant use up what's there. Only if it is a sudden or extreme burn (again, highly unlikely in organic soil) is flushing an option.

The plus side is that you have a relatively clean slate if you do flush...buit it doesn't seem worth it to me unless the issue is severe.

cheers,

5. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

flushing

yeah what he said

thats another reason i use good orgaanic soil & nutes if you dont have to flush it you dont wash out the stuff you want to keep... salts are all you should need to get rid of & if you dont put it in you should'nt need to get did of it

ive found from my experience in my vegatabl garden mother nature has a way of showing us what we ahould do and not do mostly not thats why we flush monthly or more with chemical ferts... that is my opinion any way im still learning from the container growing and the mj

:bong2: :passit: :fly:

6. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

see this is wierd because I take a different approach than resin. I flush my soil plants almost as a precaution, because i'm inexperienced with giving the right amounts (I also have strains that need flushing). basically wether or not you should do it depends on the nutrients you're using. I would personally revert to flowering nutes after flushing though... because the one I use has enough nitrogen in it to get the plants recovered. again, wether or not you should use veg nutes depends on your line, but I think with the ones that are struggling I would flush them then revert to flower nutes.

the reason I think differently than resin and king is because I don't use totally organic nutrients, and it's highly possible if you're using inorganic nutes that some flushing will be required at some point. my Permafrosts need to be flushed in soil about once a month with the ferts I use.