Running slow

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by HeadCase, Oct 12, 2007.

1. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Is it just me & my computer or anyone else having trouble with this site running slow ? thanks Bud

2. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

i thought it was just me. :icon_confused:

3. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

It is this site. I don't know what is going on, but this site has been going really slow since yesterday.

4. Zero_Interest

Zero_Interest Veggy Stage

yeah I keep getting this lag at the end of each page loading.

5. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

Ditto ditto ditto

6. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Aahhhhhhh...............Me Time!!

It is slow for me as well, and I am a Slowski to begin with. :icon_confused:

7. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Same here.

I tried to get on around 8:00am central US time and I couldn't even get on. Tried off & on for half an hour & finally gave up.

I couldn't even bring up the intro screen or the old GK either.

Maybe there are problems with the server or the ISP. I have no idea & it is beyond anything the mods can do.

I've sent word to Herbsparky, and also to webby about it.

Hopefully the problems can be ironed out soon! The lag is maddening!!!

8. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

I've been running scans on my computer for 2 days now I though it was me.

9. ozzman667

ozzman667 New Sprout

yeah me too

i noticed it today too...some pages on here are loading really slow

10. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

hope the host hasn't decided to clamp down on allowed bandwidth...

11. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

It's the sponsor link(I think)

It loads the first post of a thread or page. The first post has a "Sponsor" link I have some old pages open and there is a link there in that space but not on any new ones. I think it's trying to connect to something that isn't there.

2 days for me as well.

12. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I couldn't get on for 10 hours yesterday. And today I can, but it takes every page forEVER to load.

And any picture that originally came from this website that I linked somewhere else weren't showing up.

13. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

good thing I read this....

I was just getting ready to install my foot into the dang thing!!!! The icons are all messed up,too. I thought it was a security thing, because every time I've tried to get on in the last few days, some expired certificate thing keeps coming up.....but only for this site????? Weird......:icon_confused:

14. AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe Begun Flowering

damn glad it wasn't just me..just got this fuckin comp an i was gettin ready to chuck it...damn slow server...someone call ghostbusters...peace az

15. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I'm on dialup and haven't noticed any difference. :roll:

I sent Webby a note to check into it...till I hear from him your guess is as good as mine on what's happening. Maybe we're just overloading the system with all the new growth. :icon_confused:

16. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Didn't growkind have problems like this a couple of years ago?

Sparky, we might as well be on dial up, that's how long it takes. Yesterday I had a serious flashback of the old days of dial up, where I'd go eat lunch or take a shit while loading a page. i loves my high speed :)

17. ozalid

ozalid Germinated

Same same

Ran scans, glad to hear we all have same thing going on.(well not realy glad)

But I can assume it will be fixed.

Thanks

18. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...more of the same...

...yep...same thing here too...

...I'm growin' a beard...lol.

DC:XXsunsmile::new_scatter:

19. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I ask that everyone remain patient. I have a message into Webby to check things out, but I haven't seen him in a couple days. I'm sure he'll get to it soon as he gets back. Most likely the servers are getting loaded up. We've had a big surge in usage here lately.....that's gotta tax the system a bit. For now you'll all just have to enjoy GK as us dialup'ers have to. :new_scrambles:

20. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

My best guess...

When Webby changed from the old Ikonboard format to the newer VBulletin, the old GK was closed to posting, but left online for archives & all the old pics from the gardens, etc...

I "think" that the problem is being caused by the open connections to the old GK server. Looks like it's finally trying to crap out.

Unfortunately, a lot of different things are still linked to files there & I believe the dead or dying links are causing the latency issues here.

If you'll notice, the smilies that are showing up are from VBulletin, and the ones that don't come from the old GK. (For those that have been around here long enough to remember)

Webby, oh Webby.... Where for art thou, Webby?