LumiGrow ES 600w Challenge

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by calibuddz, Nov 25, 2009.

1. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Cali - nice show

Do you think you could take LARGER pics with LEDs off?

2. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

yeah HHG, i will get some 'white light' pics for yall. i will see if i can enlarge them also.

1 WEEK FLOWER UPDATE.............

the LED plants are perking up and looking really good. the HPS plants are huge, but with fewer bud sites than the LED side. i gave each side a good 'leafing', and trimmed up the bottoms. i always love the flower portion of the tests. lets have some pics...

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

i will have a mid week and full week update from here on out. so expect 2 updates a week. i really want this part of the test to be well documented. let me know what yall think.

3. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

I'm loving this comparison. I literally get excited when I see this thread in the "New Posts" area. :biggrin: :cool-pix: :potleaf-2:

I'd love to be doing this test. Looks like a blast!

Thanks for taking the time to keep us all informed. :bigok:

4. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Looking Good:not-worthy: :thumbs-up:

5. Doggy54th

Doggy54th Established Healthy Roots

1 WEEK FLOWER UPDATE.............

the LED plants are perking up and looking really good. the HPS plants are huge, but with fewer bud sites than the LED side. i gave each side a good 'leafing', and trimmed up the bottoms. i always love the flower portion of the tests. lets have some pics...

What a great grow calibuddz.

I've pulled up my seat, this challenge is going to be interesting because this is my first grow using LED light and growing the same plants.:thumbs-up:

6. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

2 WEEK UPDATE...

i gave both sides a good 'trim up'. now they are perked up and reaching for the light. i dialed down the blue on the LEDs. now they will be more geared for flower. lets have some pics.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

7. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

i love the way they look under just the red/white diodes.

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

things are really starting to pick up now. let me know what yall think...

8. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

So far I see no reasonto spend the extra buck on led's their both using 600w of electric . So you tell me why somebody should spend the extra bucks.-Bud

9. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Cali, nice grow and show but as for the LEDs......I seriously do not get it ?!?!?!? What exactly IS the purpose of them? Im really wanting to know.....thanks

10. 4F2C0J

4F2C0J STAYYY FLYYY

This is a sick experiment, everything looks good and healthy... Also why didnt you veg with MH dont you have a digital ballast?

So do you know how many lumens each lumigrow puts out? I hope these LED 5 watt bulbs are replaceable cause the lifespan is only 50,000 hours which is only double compared to the average HPS bulb life of 24,000 hours.

IDK I mean CFLs for veg can grow just as compact internodes, well lets see what they can do for flower.

Later

11. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Lookin pretty sweet there Cali!

Just checkin in! Thanks for keepin us posted!

Peace

-LM

12. Doggy54th

The cost $$$$$ of electricity and there's no heat issues for starters HeadCase :thumbs-up:

13. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

dont forget that the lifespan of the diodes is way longer than that of the HPS. even after 50,000 hrs, you only lose 15% of the intensity. so it is still very useful even after its lifespan. at 50% power, these units can still veg like no other. i would love to have a couple more to replace my T5's. this thread isnt pro LED or pro HPS though. i love both, thats why i am doing this test.

14. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Proper answer Cali, thanks.....Id agreee that its obviously seen in the strength of your veg pics......as for flowering thats yet to be seen but the penetration dont seem to quite be there :passsit:

15. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

600 watts is 600watts so the electric cost is the same . Lets talk cost $300 for a 600w hps light to $3000 for 2 330 watt leds. We have all heard the hype that a 123 watt led can grow the same as a 400w hps That is why this thread is so great it puts 600w leds against 600w hps. And as far as vegging with leds you got to be out of you mine $20 worth of shop lights will do that. Props to Calibuddz this grow is costing him a lot of bucks . Everyone knows I grow cheap & simple I can't see led's in my future.-Bud

16. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Ya i second that one, It took balls to pave the way to the truth...whatever it turns out to be.

Man put his money where his mouth is and has been gracious enough

to show us.

Too rich for me cali but one day who knows......

17. Doggy54th

The cost of electricity isn't the same, it doesn't take the same power to operate a LED, as HPS is what I'm saying. But it's your choice my friend, Peace :anibong:

18. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

MID WEEK UPDATE......

i spaced out the LED units a little more to get total 4x4 coverage. they are now 10" apart. they all got their first dose of Bushmaster. these pics were taken on Tuesday. i will have the 3 week update tomorrow .

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

short and sweet. next update will have more pics.

19. RH!

RH! Developed Alternating Nodes

NICE Calibuddz! They look really similar in size but the LED seems to be a tiny bit more compact in growth than the hps.

Do the bud sites seem equal in amount, size, etc? What do you think about the comparison so far? I'm eager to know what your experiencing and your thoughts about it so far :popcorn-2:.

20. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

3 WEEK FLOWER UPDATE........

things are really starting to pick up. at first, the HPS was developing at a much quicker rate, but once i dialed down the blue on the LEDs, flower growth started to catch up. its just about neck and neck. every day the LED plants look just as developed as the HPS. lets have some pics.......

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]

[​IMG]_[​IMG]