Just a update with pics

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by mike, Sep 7, 2006.

1. mike

mike Veggy Stage

Transplanted today. Hope I did not wait too late. I fear it was badly root bound. Went to all organic soil. My water ph is a bit higher then normal. Is there any way I can lower it. I know there is ph down/up on the market, But I have no clue where to find kind to use or lower price that works the best. If someone can point me to a site would be great. Have same leaf problems more and more each day, This I know is normal when it is flowering, But how much should be allowed ? Female.jpg

After LST.jpg

2. Jake

Jake A Fat Sticky Bud

Mike I hope you don't take this as a personal attack. I'll say up front that it is not meant to be. However your post brings me to a question I've wondered about for awhile and is a perfect example for me to bring it up.

You are asking some very basic questions here. You mention you let your plant get root bound then you want to lower your PH. You say you have no clue as to what to use or where to find it to do this. This brings me to my question.

I have no idea how people get their "rating" on this site. I have no clue as to what the criteria is. However you are listed as a "Senior Member". In my mind if you were a "Senior Member" you'd already know the answers to these questions. PH up/down is really a simple process. It's been talked about here many times and discussed what different people use and are successful with. As we say with many of the newbie questions you can't do a little searching on the internet? Once you find some choices maybe then post on here of who has a preference for which one.

There would seem to be some level of implied "knowledge/experience" when you are listed as a "Senior Member". It seems there are alot of people here listed as "Senior Members" that don't really have the experience to deserve it. Don't get me wrong there are an awful lot that do as well. When a newbie comes on here and asks a question and it is answered by a "Senior Member" you'd think there was a little experience behind it to back it up. I'd imagine the newb would think that too. Often times there is not and from time to time some bad advice is given out. Usually it gets corrected but if the guy goes out and does the first thing that is suggested it may already be too late by the time an experienced guy posts a second response.

Again Mike I'm in no way bashing you or even suggesting you ever gave bad advice. Just using this as an example because really, a "Senior Member" should be able to answer your entire post himself not have to ask it. It just just peeks my interest how the ratings are given out. Maybe it's somewhere on this site but I've never come across it. I do stay mostly in the forums and read the advice given out. Actually contribute from time to time when someone hits upon something I've had experience with. So if there's a section here somewhere that explains the rating system and I've just never happened upon it then excuse me up front. Maybe someone can point me to it just to satisfy my curiousity. Maybe it can be tweeked a little to make a "Senior Member" rating a little more meaningful. Really, if you qualify for an experienced rating shouldn't you have considerable growing experience?

trillions of atoms likes this.
  3. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

I agree^^^^^^ great post jake.....

4. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

I think senior member has to do with the amount of posts you average

5. buddomi

buddomi Banned

6. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

Okay mike, your soil looks way heavy and it needs some perlite added. Your plants look healthy after the transplant.Just adjust the pH of your water to about 6.5 before every water. You can use vinegar to bring it down naturally.A little goes a long way so put in 1/2 a teaspoon and then let it sit and chekc the pH . Do that until you get the pH where you want it. Then water as usual.

Your soil will naturally stablilze at about 6.7-6.8 because of the dolomite lime.(Well that's only if you have decent soil, becuase some companies fail to include it in the mix.)

Read a little more before you come in askin questions about every little thing. And guys come on lay off the dude. I believe he has been called out enough. I am sure if things get too bad then he will be dealt with by a mod. You guys continually posting stuff like this is not good for the site. Save those posts for the Private Messages. Anyways....have a nice day

7. buddomi

buddomi Banned

8. Jake

Jake A Fat Sticky Bud

Guys! I wasn't trying to bash the guy. While I agree with you Buddomi if he were listed as a "newbie" this would be what we'd expect. Everyone has questions and some get over eager to advise others. That's life, I can deal with that. But how does one get moved up to a "Senior Member" when they still have very little grow experience? It's not post count and it's not time you've been on the forum either. Neither correlate.

Mike, I'm sorry. Didn't want to turn this into a bashing thread on you. Just using your post to question the system. There's several other examples of this on this forum as well. I could find other examples easily. This has got me wondering for a long time. Just his post happen to come along and I used it to illustrate my point. Maybe one of the Mods or old timers can explain the rating system cause I sure can't figure it out.

My point Trillions. You been on here over 3 years, close to 2,000 posts, and have demonstrated your proficiency for growing MJ. Maybe someday you too can become a Senior Member!

9. buddomi

buddomi Banned

10. Jake

Jake A Fat Sticky Bud

No, man. Look at Trillions post count. He's not a Senior Member. He's got posts, the time in here, and a gallery to prove he can get it done. Evidently none of those things make a difference or he'd be Senior and well, you know. I aint going bashing to explain the rest of it.

Smarmy that may be it. But in all honesty that should be changed. Anyone can come in here and post 25 posts a day of absolutely bogus info. Shouldn't get an upgrade for that. Personally I'd suggest no auto bumping. If a mod had to bump you up himself maybe the higher ratings would mean something. You'd have to earn it. Otherwise just dump it. Like I said earlier, a newbie comes on here gets advised by a Senior Member and goes and does what he said only to come back later and see the guy had no idea what he was talking about. Should be a little bit of something behind a higher rating.

11. buddomi

buddomi Banned

carly22 likes this.
  12. HighGuy™

HighGuy™ Begun Flowering

From what I've seen only people who joined after a certain point have been bumped to senior member when they hit 100 posts. I think it should be given by the mods when someone shows enough knowledge and experience. I don't think that I should be called a senior member. My first grow was a disaster and I was lucky to get the harvest that I did. Hopefully this next one will be better.

13. High4Life

High4Life New Sprout

Wow

Sell a man a bag and you feed him for the day. Teach a man to grow and you feed him for life,even if two weeks later he thinks he is better than you. One

day he will have some bud!

A friend with weed is a friend indeed. Thats what it is all about...is it not!

Keep up the good fight!

14. buddomi

buddomi Banned

15. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

it does have to do with the # and average posts per day. Not sure why, but it seems to only apply to members that have joined since the change of venue. I can ask that that be changed, but it could take a bit o time. i'll see what i can do guys.

I agree that it is a bit skewed the way it is.

Here's what we can all do. there is a reputation system in place here. There is a way to approve or disapprove an individula post. IN the upper right of each post there is a set of scales. click on that and approve or disapprove a particular post. It will raise or lower that persons credibility. thus allowing people to see what each person is about. It's not a solution, but it is something We can all do to help.

I also have to agree that having the wrong info is worse than not having any info.

16. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

Wawona right on the money again,

"It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt."

17. High4Life

High4Life New Sprout

No clue what to do!

Unfortunatlly there are sick people in the world. Anyone that would give advice,on how to do something,that they do not have any idea what they

are talking about,or giving advice just to sabotage someone crops, is a real idiot!

But ther are idiots!

My advice would be, know someone before you take their advice!

You cant advise an idiot! Idiots never change.

18. Jake

Jake A Fat Sticky Bud

Hey Wa,

Where does that show up? I mean if you rate their post where would we see it?

Don't go thru any crap to change it. While it seems like a F'ed part of the system it really ranks low on overall importance. Personally I don't care what my rating is. It was just an observation that it didn't seem to make sense. I'm extremely happy this site was here for me to learn from. I've taken alot more away from here than I'll be able to give back anytime soon. I will keep trying though. The way I see it is growing MJ is a long time learning experience. Every different strain, change of nutes, growing media, lighting set up etc. leads to a new experience. In the last 2 weeks I've made and used my first bubble cloner (wish I did that a long time ago) as well as over nute my current crop (1st time using Metanaturals). There's always good and bad news and hopefully we learn from each one. The fact that there is somewhere to share our experience is what is most important. One day noone with a basement or garage will ever have to buy weed anymore. Anything I can do toward achieving that Eutopia is well worth it. Even if the system used to do it isn't perfect.

19. Project-X

Project-X Mayor of Trichome Valley

Change of heart mikey84??? I have heard you rip on this guy a number of times.

20. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

i did rip on him, but once people say their peace, if you don't like what they post inform a mod, and add some bad rep to their reputation. I say my peace and then i try to let it go. The ignore button is a lot easier than typing out a huge flame post.

Anyways, it's just time to lay off of him. I am sure he got the point .