Grapefruit

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by Nugget Lover, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Nugget Lover

Nugget Lover Germinated

Has anyone grown any grapefruit seeds?

2. FatalGroWs

FatalGroWs Veggy Stage

Im currently growing grapefruit X nev haze from femaleseeds.nl

Day 15

[​IMG]

3. Jake

Jake A Fat Sticky Bud

Got some I'm currently smoking and some more to be harvested at the end of the month. Mine are from female seed also but straight Grapefruit. What is it you want to know?

4. Nugget Lover

Nugget Lover Germinated

How much will a single plant yield under 400w hps?

5. WiZaRD

WiZaRD Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I'm growing Grapefruit as well, in a completely organic soil that I made FULL of nutes.

cow manuer compost, organic soil, blood meal, bone meal, potash, perlite, humus, and plan on adding a little bit of plant food after it's been flowering for awhile.

When are you guys going to start flowering your babies? I'm thinking of flowering mine after their first REAL leaves start to show. I need to keep them somewhat short.

6. FatalGroWs

FatalGroWs Veggy Stage

I just flipped to 12/12 today on the lady above.

7. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

why not............

i flipp mine to 12/12 sometimes quite alot....."early just to supercrop it, but you dnt get as big a yeild as you would if you vegg the plant properly till its full of foliage and loking a nice well developed plant.....

but, im into my 8th grow now, and im growing blueberry again , as i harvested the last time toooo early, although it was a niceeeee smoke, it wasnt completely ready, so be carefull you dnt havest too early and patience is the escence........ "believe me"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace and good growing

8. OutlawGardner

OutlawGardner Knees in the breeze

I'm going to be planting some Grape Fruit beans in the next couple of weeks I got from Reeferman.

Anyone ever do his GF?

9. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Ya man me and her hooked up a few months back thats why me and the reefer man don't get along any more! BUt hey what could i say she wanted it!

10. Supple

Supple Germinated

is referman the only seed company suppying grapefruit

11. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

I would consider this strain.

[​IMG]

12. Supple

Supple Germinated

Just Purchased A bag of female seeds Grapefruit beans

cant wait 2 start them

I have 3 ft of vertical Grow Space

Anybody know how long i would need to veg this strain to get it just under this height?????????

13. Jake

Jake A Fat Sticky Bud

Mine pretty much doubled in height when I flowered. Grapefruit is a stretchy strain.

14. Supple

Supple Germinated

cheers for the info

what sort of yeild could i expect from a 2 / 3ft plant

15. WiZaRD

I don't know for sure, but I've read a few grow reports and one guy yielded an average of 44.0 grams per plant, growing them short like us. I don't know for sure, but I was curiouis of the same thing. I have some grapefruits going in some Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil, under a 400 Watt HPS, and I'm going to end up w/ 2.5-3.0 foot plants.

16. Jake

Jake A Fat Sticky Bud

I have to say I was disappointed in the yield from my Grapefruit. Mine were from female seeds and while the weed is good the yield and taste were a letdown. :(

17. WiZaRD

Jake, what soil did you use?

What nutrients did you give the bud?

How often did you feed it? I've heard they're HUNGRY buggers, and they need a good doseage of Nitrogen right when they start making buds, something about them forming bud mass really fast.

How much did you get dried off of each plant?

How many plants did you grow, how many phenotypes did you have? You mighta gotten that 1 outa 4 skunky pheno.... Also, I've heard the Taste is OUTSTANDING if let cured long enough. Let me know some details on what you did, so maybe I can make sure I do mine right =).

18. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

i vegged my grapefruit for 2 weeks and it was under a foot and a half (one big nugg)....id say 4-6 weeks veg if your stem pinching and keeping light low and temps down- if your growroom is still unmastered...id say deffinately no more than 4 weeks veg to keep them under three feet. with room for light and containers etc.... do not wait till alternating nodes to flower! they will deffinately be to tall.

19. WiZaRD

Well flowering after a week of germination gets plants 1.5-2.0 feet...

20. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

I AGREE with that 1 ma man.........

I got what i thaught to be listen........"PURPLE HAZE"!!! as i was told, and this 1 seed turned out to be a GRAPEFRUIT PLANT, and it is currently in the flowering stage at DAY-14 and when i first put the plant into flowering, i had vegged it already for 5 -6 weeks and got it BIG enough already, but it was'nt all that BIG (typical sort of size at that time), but when i changed to 12/12 and started adding my nuted a week n half ago, the plant had started its fowering growth, wich i thaught wouldn't be all that much,(i had it at about say......=18inches in hight, from vegging it for 6 weeks , then i put it into flowering, and it went to sizes like from 18"(inches) to 22", then to 27", now it is in 12/12 DAY=14 and it has outgrown any "NORMAL" grow space i had(as in 1meter and 45 cm, and its reached its peek at that hight already, so ive HAD to bend the TOP and tigh thee MAIN stem up and bent it down roward the floor as much s i could so i NEVER lose MY TOP...mmm-TOP's!!!! lol

Anyway, so GRAPEFRUIT is, a QUITE LARGE growing plant, to be honest and its totally surprised me in its hight it has taken on, BUT it seems as iff its thee correct way to grow this srain , as there are more BUD sites on this plant than ive EVER came across on a plant, all ,i think, to do with letting it grow n grow then flower, as i feel and see that im going to get a VERY VERY high YEILD off of this pant NOW!!!!! yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa...lol:D

anyway, yes, it can grow up 2 2 meters and possiblty more so be prepared for that hight stratching of this strain of plant all together......

PEACE OUT,

N keep Groeing

UrBigBuddie..........:cool: :D