harvest/drying question....

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by budblower10, Sep 14, 2006.

1. budblower10

budblower10 Veggy Stage

hey guys. real quick ? -

1. i should wait until the buds are completely dry before chopping them right? its been raining around here last few days and my plant is ready, but should i wait for it to become completely dry so that mold wont occur...?

2. is a nice big carboard box alright for drying? it seems better than a plastic tote that i was gonna use because it breaths more...? good idea? thanks guys

2. LowRydr

LowRydr Veggy Stage

yes, wait till the rainwater dries completely. otherwise you could get budrot. or mold/mildew.

a cardboard box will work but i found that the bud acquires the cardboard smell/taste. kinda stanky. so i lined my dry box with plastic garbage bags. that worked great. search for another similar thread where i posted my pics of my dry box setup.

3. buddomi

buddomi Banned

4. budblower10

budblower10 Veggy Stage

is a dehumidifier worth it so that mold doesnt occur..?

5. budblower10

budblower10 Veggy Stage

hey guys. now that i have started drying my bud, i think i may be drying it too fast. the relative humudity is like 62% and the temp is 70, is that cool? i think its just b/c i had a fan blowing directly on the bud, which i think dried it out vey fast , so im gonna take it off of it. so far, my bud went from 44 grams to 16 lol, and i hope it will not drop much more cuz i think its done drying. is it possible to dry something to fast? if so, can i jus cure it and continue the regular process. just b/c it was dried too fast dont mean it wont be good, right? thanks alot