Bud Rot?!?!

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by Lvstickybud, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Ok, is this bud rot? And if so, could it have been because this bud ended up laying against the wall of the tent? I've had others lean on the wall with no problems. This was/is my biggest Blue Widow so far. Damn it!!!

Blue Widow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is no more on any other part of the plant. Thanks in advance.

2. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

That looks like powdery mildew, it's odd though that it is not on the leaves. I'd check the leaves of ALL of your plants VERY closely.

3. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Mold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cut off that branch and prob any branch that it was touching.

It would be best if you can segregate that plant from others.

Check all main colas closely, looking for dead-dying leaves inside the bud, or the white fuzz.. if present cut it off!!!

You cannot stop this once it starts, just try to control how much you lose.

Sorry, had to deal with this a few mths ago from lack of air vent and high humid

4. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

Or gan o cide. it works.

Considering the 'active ingredients(fish oil and seseame oil) I dunno HOW it works, but it does.

And yup, that's mold. Check all of your other plants and humidity levels. And treat/adjust accordingly. I think humidity should ideally be kept around 30-50%(if grown indoors) and but I may be wrong. Make sure your air is flowing freely too and you've got a good steady supply of fresh air circulating.

5. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I have had this happen but it was when I turned off the fans in the grow room and the humidity was high. I doubt you will have any problems if you cut out the buds infected and get some air circulation in the room. This happens easily with large bud masses so you must have positive airflow at all times

I would put the fans to em big time.

t6

6. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

That was the only bud and it was cut immediatly. The funny thing is that that plant is right in front of the fan. The buds are quite fat and hard tho. It wasn't touching anything but the wall of the tent. I looked everything over and can't find any other signs of it. And it happened real quick. A couple days ago it wasn't there. Thanks.

7. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Glad to hear it was just the ONE bud... I would cry to find that all over...

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Just got back from a couple days away for my son's wedding. No problems left. It seems it was limited to the top of that one bud. Whew!

9. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Its not always humidity, but it doesn't help. If a leaf gets damaged and that damage travels back into the bud its more prone to rotting. Once rot sets in and take a hold, your fucked!