Raise your hand if Mary Jane is your savior

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by HappyHappyHighGuy, Feb 17, 2009.

1. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

I can't imagine my life without her. I don't think I would be here today or have this nice life if it weren't for that first toke I took in the Spring of '89.

I wasn't diagnosed with depression until my twenties, but I've had it my entire life. I still remember that cool sunny afternoon in 1989. I felt, for the first time, something wonderful inside...it was happiness.

She has helped me survive some very hard times. I owe my life to her. She is my savior :smokin:

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

i attest to the same issues, preach on brotha.....amen

3. WillGrow4Food

WillGrow4Food Toker Extraordinaire

Nothing helps me out more than MJ. I'm a firm believer in self-medication. If it weren't for MJ I think I might be too high strung and very stressed. I am currently in college at a tough university and during finals absolutely nothing is better than a nice fat joint after I'm done studying and taking exams for the day.

4. anaujiram

anaujiram Veggy Stage

Wow I remember my first toke.. back in spring of '07...

I feel like such a kid compared to you guys.

HHHG you were tokin before I was even conceived!

5. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Hmm hash at age 12 but didnt try "Bud" till i was nearly 16,it was thai stick I recal

OKAY STICK WITH ME HERE GUYS COS IM POSTING SOME INTERESTING DETAILS I FOUND OUT REGARDING MJ's ANTI PSYCOTIC PROPERTIES IN THE CBD'S,so this is an unusually long post:laughing5:

I took my 1st toke when i was aged 12 going on 13 in the summer just prior to me starting High School,that was like back in 1990 and i have only stopped since when iv been FORCED to RESIDE at her majestys pleasure:5eek: But for me times have changed for better or worse i dont know,cos nowadays theres a LOT more skunk available or Bud as we call it but back in the early 90's cannabis resin aka solid hash was the only type of MJ that was available...but fuck me,it was a LOT better than the shitty "soapbar" we get hit with these days....

...Back then i could go to any dealer and i could pick from all different types of hash like Leb.,Soft Black like Golfball black and zero-zero black along with red seal and gold seal and all the other brands like SLATE,ROCKY and REAL SOAPBAR! Gone are them days,now its all just hard hash with a lotta 'gink' mixed into it...any UK members will testify of this....

So for me,being a depressive also ,the REAL revelation for me came when i lived down south in England for a time and i hung out with jamacian immegrants and a lot of black guys(in them days there REALLY wasnt ppl of colour in scotland apart from Asians/Arabs) and they introcuded me to PROPER BUD:potleaf::notworthy:...and what a revelation it was to me,bearing in mind i was a regular acid(LSD) and shrrom taker so hallucinagins werent new to me by far.As for the ;'rastas' that gave me my 1st proper hit from a :bong2: with bud in it instead of hash,they refused to smoke hash EVER!!! Go way down south these days and it seems that its caught on a lot more than in scotland cos my lil bro lives down south and finds skunk easy but struggles to get hash,lol,its the opposite here in scotland although here in the central belt and west coast it is catching on a LOT nowadays,but the hash is so cheap that ppl buy that instead of paying double for some quality bud:potleaf:,this was in the mid 90's,so i was nearly 16 and already expelled from school for hitting my school coach,in self defence after he pushed me against a wall for "dissent" or some shit as he called it.:eusa_snooty::eusa_naughty:

But yeah i dont even like HASH no more unless its high grade pollen(thats UK terminology for nederhash BTW,kinda like Charras from Morrocco,real soft and potent:thumbsup:)... i consider Bud/Skunk to be my saviur in that way cos its been proven(i watched a "Horizon" documentary on either BBC or Channel 4 last week and they interviewd all these ppl that they say have gotten shizophenic from skunk)...:5headache: DO ME A FAVOUR! ..On the flipside tho they did some interesting experiments....would take me too long to detail them all though,maybe its been put on youtube or googlwe vids,just google"HORIZON CANNABIS DOCUMENTARY"

Do they NOT know that the cannabanoids in the trichs are ACTUALLY an ANTI-PSYCOTIC so this is contradictory to say Skunk gives you psycosis when in REALITY it holds ANTI PSYCOTIC PROPERTIES!The UK govt has hired a firm of chemists called "G W PHARMACEUTICALS" who have vast greenhouses full of KIND bud:potleaf: in a secret location(OXFORDSHIRE:icon_wink: ..in England),already they made some sort of blue tablet for MS sufferers that ws given trial runs in a small area,then they invented a MJ inhaler just like an asthma inhaler and this i THINK they said was used for more than one purpose.....

But when the guy who runs the grow op for the govt came on and said how they were in the process of developing anti-psycotics and anti-depressants purely made from the trichs i sat up and took notice.They also demonstrated via using Mice that Skunk/Bud is not a gateway drug by taking 6 mice that had eaten MJ for in essence their adolesance and 6 mice that had never tried it... over time it proved that the mice who started taking small doses of HEROIN every time a light comes and and a buzzer is heard were no different from the mice that grew up without cannabis... they also demonstrated that mice who were eating skunk couldnt remember their way to a platform in a huge vat of milk,they kept swimming for ages but the ones that hadnt taken skunk found the platform in minutes....

:2c:So MY conclusion is ..sure heavy smoking of skunk MIGHT give you memory loss:qbluewacko: but at least it doesnt mean its a gateway drug:) ,i'll settle for that and i gladly look forward to th day the UK catches up with America in prescribing MJ to med.users:eusa_clap: But yeah bud/skunk REALLY does it for me,its the only drug i'll never give up....EVER! Been there,tried that and life wasnt as much fun wiothout the rose tinted MJ spectacles,lol so i put 'em back on again and now its all green:bigok:

HASH IN THE UK I BELIEVE COULD COS PPL PROBLEMS(not bud though:eusa_naughty:) ...but thats just cos the standards (apart from in amsterdam/rotterdam) of hash has falled so much,its piss poor quality and it comes at HALF the price of skunk and sadly thats why all the young ones buy it cos its cheaper but who knows whats mixed in with it:ponder: KIND BUD ALL THE WAY PEEPS:rocker: I been tokin on UrBigBuddies very well cured and grown WHITE RHINO,iv tried it before but UBB surpassed himelf with this batch,total quality toke and i felt the medicinal properties in it for sure:icon_wink:peace and LEGALISE IT!:potleaf:

6. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

If there were no MJ i'd be dead and buried because of my addictive personality. MJ keeps me off everything else. I feel no need to do anything else. When you have tried so many things like I have, and you know the pleasure......man it would be impossible to resist if I couldn't smoke or vape instead. This is just one of the several ways I feel cannabis has saved me, but I feel it's the most important in my case. Praise the ganja goddess.

7. Shadowman

Shadowman Full Flowering

Oh! Oh, the beloved weed. :love4: I have suffered chronic pain since January of '06. I also have depression/anxiety disorder. Without conventional medication, I would not be able to smoke my beloved weed :love4: because the anxiety attacks. There is a school of thought that says the beloved weed triggers anxiety attacks in some people. I, apparently am one of those.

How-fuckin'-ever: With my anxiety medication, I have no problem with smoking my beloved weed :love4: . It helps immensely with the chronic pain and the depression. This is reason enough by itself to smoke. But, it is the best way in the world to get in touch with my spiritual self. I am a nature lover. My church is all outdoors. With my disability, it is hard for me to go hiking or even fishing without discomfort. I have found that a nice drive through the country is just as spiritual for me. I love to travel the back roads and toke. I rarely drive over 25mph unless some asshole gets behind me. I just like to look at the scenery and take in the smells. So...Mother MJ makes me whole in the spiritual sense also.

8. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

You just described me exactly and how I once spent like $200 on gas in one month even when I live, work, and go to school on the same street.

I love listening to audiobooks while I do this, I could drive all day....and yeah I always pull over and let people go ahead of me. :suave:

9. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I feel for ya man. I share your love of nature and can't imagine not being able to get out there and be in it. I'm fortunate to live in an area where I can walk out my door and do just that. I also have a huge backyard of mountains to explore....there's nothing like tokin' and going on an adventure. :)

As for the sweet Mary being my savior.....I have to say yes. I used to have some what of an anger problem when I was young. Mary calms me in ways nothing else can. I truely hate to think where I'd be had MJ not come into my life when it did. I know for a fact I wouldn't be the person I am today. Even now it's my ally in so many ways.

10. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

:rofl: You, pretty much, just described me(and probably many more)!

Now I only smoke and, not as much...drink.

11. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

I have no pain or mental problems. Im lucky, weed is just fun to me. Beer comes first though :(

But weed and beer are the best thing since weed, beer and e's!

12. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Man... I took my first toke back in 1983 or 1984... :tvlaugh:

I wouldn't call Mary Jane my savior... But she is a damned good friend.

If I had to pick a savior... I'd say my wife.

If it weren't for her, and the profound impact she's had on my life, let's just say Agrowguy & Closetgrowth combined would look like saints compared to the way I'd be right now.
    :new_asthanos:

For those of you who weren't here back then... Sorry you have no idea what I'm talking about...

The rest of you know exactly what I mean.

:XXhippylove:

13. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

Well aside from the obvious, help sleep and calms me down. I use MJ for the main reason that it keeps me from having to take so many opiates for my back. I have a spine desease that causes me great pain and I am on very high doses of painkillers. If not for MJ I would be taking 2x as many. The MJ helps the pills work better. So I take less. Even my Doctor said it was a good thing for me to do but not to say he said that. He is for MMJ, just works in the wrong state.

14. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

I can attest that it's pretty bad. :yikes:

15. HappyHappyHighGuy

That's exactly why Cannabis is in reality an anti-gateway drug.

I second what you said Cannagirl.

16. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Wait, Wait, Wait!!!

I already seconed'd that imossion!!!

17. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

I didn't read any of the other posts here except for HHHg's so I could better express my thoughts without outside influences. So If I repeat anything well..eh.

My thoughts on smoking Marijuana.....

I wouldn't bore you on my first encounter, which involved the movie FLETCH at the theater subsiquented buy throwing large objects off a tall building for kicks.

But I would tell you that without the almighty weed, I would have never met the people, besides my immediate family, that truly matter in my life. It was an icebreaker of sorts for many of the friends I have now. It really brings like minded people together, subconciously or not, mostly, perhaps, because of a freeing of mundane thoughts and feelings.

I would have never thought to listen to Black Sabbath or Pink Floyd and enjoy it had I been a non-smoker. Therefore I wouldn't have learned to play instruments, would never have played in the bands I was in, never traveled or been to the places those bands played in, never have met the people and friends along that route. A great many GREAT people.

So many folks that know me KNOW I smoke pot and even if they don't, can relate to my laid back approach on life. I have no worries, Love life to the fullest and take every day as an adventure. Smoke one and go check it out. :smokin:

18. HappyHappyHighGuy

Fletch Lives!

Without the use of cannabis in music starting back in the New Orleans jazz era, music would have evolved into something totally different than it has. So would the world.

19. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

My two cents. Savior?? Really? I mean we're putting a religious value on a drug or plant? Naw. A net asset? Absolutely!

I first puffed in 1975. I knew immediately this was the stuff for me. One of my first dreams was to be the first blonde dreadlock Rasta living the the Blue Mountains. That was way before all the anglo college campus dread heads starting showing up. Never did make it. Did have a friend or two make the escape.

It has had it's costs tho. Coaches didn't like open dope smokin players. For an athlete that sucked. School administrators had a hard time with NORML advocates in the late seventies. If I had kept my head down and just smoked like everyone else and not been such an early advocate the costs would have been negligible. As it was through high school and college I was on the radar of the administration. In response I went so far underground that now only family and my closest confidantes are aware of my past time. Family, work, other interests and values assert themselves as we age also and my use is nowhere near what it was in my late teens and early twenties.

Pot does have it's costs. Anybody who lives in the US and claims differently is wrong. Period. Many here who use MMJ or simply enjoy the drug live in fear of discovery. Discovery of their grow, fear of piss tests, fear of incarceration for possession. If this isn't true why do we have stickies for security threads? Like it or not these things add a level of anxiety to our lives that non-tokers do not have. For each of us here it is simply that the anxiety created is outweighed by our subjective enjoyment of the drug.

Long thought for a short question. Savior? No. A benefit in my life? Yes.

cheers all,

20. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Savior...No

Really really really really good friend...Absolutely :thumbsup: