soil ph question?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by jayson81, Apr 1, 2007.

1. jayson81

jayson81 Germinating

i was wondering if i need to check my soil ph or can i just ajust the ph in the water and be okay? im used to hydro so its pretty easy to ajust the ph. but if i have to check the soil for every pot, then im gonna have to pass on soil. and does it matter if i use chemical or organic nutes?

2. llIndigoll

llIndigoll Medical Grower

Monitor your soil if you have the equipment/time. Otherwise monitor your liquids.

As for chem VS organic: there are more opinions on that one than there are congressmen with sexy interns. Just go with what has worked with your hydro. If you are accustomed to using chem, then try it with soil. If one thing does not work for you try something else. Live, learn, and grow great ganja.

3. jayson81

jayson81 Germinating

so if i use fresh soil and transplant when i should and just ajust the water i feed them with, i should be okay? i was thinking of using the fox farm organic soil with organic nutes, or a peet moss and perlite mix then feed them five days a week with chem nutes. and then maybe sunshine agg mix 4 with chem or organic nutes. i think that i have to just try them all out my self. thanks for the help..