New room setting up...

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by RecessionGrower, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Yeah....Id really like to go all hempy. Im going to talk to my friend tomorrow and run the idea by him.

Although hes been doing it a while, I was a little shocked when I asked him what kind of nute's he used, and he said nothing, he just gets miracle grow soil and they have been fine. His crops havent been the biggest, im wondering if this is why. I think if I can pull off a good hempy bucket grow, and show him what seems to be possible with it, it might change his mind...

2. choker

choker HIDING OUT

School his ass! 3 to 4 oz a plant.

3. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Don't worry about it if he wants to do soil too it won't be anything you can't handle. Hempy feed every time and the soil you would feed every other time. Just get a calender or something if you think you may get mixed up. Wouldn't be hard to figure out if you marked W or F (for Water only and feeding) on the date.

4. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Ya I know its not rocket science but I just meant in terms of adjusting pH to different levels for different mediums and having to let nutes buffer and shit figured it would just be easier for him to go all one if he hasn't done too much growing, especially if hes getting ambitious and growing out alot of plants.

5. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Soil is easier and yields the same if done right.

6. I talked to him today, he seemed pretty interested in the idea of hempy, so we are gonna do a few of each and see how things turn out.

I finally found the cam, so I'll take some pics tonight, have them posted either tonight or tomorrow! A few of them are looking pretty strong!

7. Alright....gotta head out here, wanted to throw a few pics up

Some of the plants are a lil on the small/beat up side of things...

[​IMG]

Heres the best one out of the bunch..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This lil girl is getting leggy! when i got her she was bent up pretty bad, maybe have to LST!

[​IMG]

8. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Dont worry about them looking beat up, there clones and their supposed to look like that ;)

If any of them have stems that are too long just bury the unwanted stem when you transplant. Any stem that is buried will grow roots.

9. So things kind of exploded....

I have 20 in the room now. I transplanted them into bigger containers, some of the stems were already touching the bottom of the solo cups!

The temp's have been a LIL high I think, maybe someone can help.

My avg "light's on" temp is about 83. With the lights off, it drops to about 75, humidity stays between 40-60%. I KNOW I need more ventilation, but right now its just not in the budget.

How dangerous is this gonna be for the plants?

10. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Those temps are fine man. Getting them down a little bit more would be optimal but I don't think it should bother the too much. Guess it depends on the strain a bit. If you have 20 in there you DEFINITELY need more light man. Or a light mover.

11. Yeah, I need more light. We are going to be adding AT LEAST another 600 watter here in the next few weeks, just have to work on putting it on another breaker as I dont want to take any electrical risks.

The outside temps have been pretty good...but im just worried that once summer really kicks in around here its gonna be a PITA to keep it under control. Temps here in the summer can easily hit 95-100, with humidity levels in the high 90%'s. I just have a common dual intake/exhaust window fan (as well as a big box fan in the room). This is my next major step in upgrading

It's a hell of a sight seeing 20 babies in the room! I'll see about pics later on!

12. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

sweet.....

INTERSTING indeed...:wink: :jj:

Keep em going bro,:smokin:

your doing good so far, no worries, youve covered all the necessary tracks so it seems, and the LOW-MID 80's is TOTALLY fine bro....:wink:

Keep em coming,

looking good..:thumbsup:

Peace,

UBB........ :pimp: :potleaf: :jj: :smokin:

13. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

the temps are fine but you still need to exhaust spent, hot air out and draw in fresh air

14. Yeah, im in the lookout now to find a good intake/exhaust system for the room. My little intake exhaust fan just wont cut it for the long run. Its bringing in a good bit of fresh air, but honestly the exhaust feature isint very strong

15. Well I've been fighting the heat/humidity here, been a hell of a battle. My high temp has been 91.2, and my humidity hovers around 40% while lights on. My lights off temp's hover around 75, humidity up to 60-65%.

Ive lost atleast 2 little ones. The clones looked really bad when I got them, and honestly, I think they were just too early, only had small roots coming out of the rapid rooter plug. I have a few of them that are looking REALLY good, and have began taking off.

I have been watering the soil ones every 2 days (the soil still appears moist after 1 day, and starts looking a bit dry around the 1 1/2-2 day mark. The hempy buckets get watered 2 times a day (trying to keep the perlite moist till the roots hit the res) They seem pretty healthy, but no real growth (I figure that will come when the roots finally hit the bottom.

I'll take some shots tomorrow, maybe I can find out what happened to a few of them, or see if they were just to weak from the get-go

16. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

No HEMPY expert...But.....

But as ya mentioned about the HEMPY being watered every day 2wice a day, let it go just the once a day or even twice every other day, and see the roots look/find their way to the bottom, where they NEED to go to, for food n water n UPTAKE in general!!!

Hope this Helps ya my good man,

Kepp it up,

IMO, ya watering too m,uch, let the roots NEED to find some WATER, and then you'l Notice Great difference in Growth spurts!! :wink: :jj: :jmorph:

Peace out,

Hope i helped,

No expert, but ROOTs need to Have Dry patched to Go start searching for MORE "water" "Feed"!!! :wink: :bigok:

UBB.......... :pimp: :potleaf: :jj: :jmorph: :bigok:

17. Joe King Park

Joe King Park Auto-Pilot Grower

Inteligent Watering Supply - I.W.S

The Timer Units These Guys Sell Are Top Knotch

The Gardens They Control ( I.W.S Drip To Waste , And Krusty Style Are Also Top Knotch )

I Think This Is Their Link; http://www.iwssystems.co.uk

I Keep My Indoor Grows Under 50%

Also Consider Adding Another Intake Hole ( Passive ventilation )

A Couple Of Cement Blocks Will Also Absorb Excess Moisture, Lowering Humidity:wink:

Joe

18. Joe King Park

Joe King Park Auto-Pilot Grower

Also Available In North America

Similar Systems Can Be Sourced From Northern Hydroponics ( The Tri-Meter ) Based In Kelowna , B.C , Canada

U.S.A ; Greenaire Systems ( As Reccomended By Jorge Cervantes ):wink:

Simple Dehumidifiers With A Direct Drainage Pipe Added , Instead of Emptying Trays , Can Be Easily Sourced For Next To Nothing

Always Remember The Saying ( From The Book Of K.I.S.S ) " Less Is More ":wink:

Joe

19. I cut back on the watering, and do it once a day now, as its been really hot the past few days. I had to get a few more fans going, and im thinking that summer time growing here is going to be a big pita...May have to think about using an AC unit.

The plants are doing....I dunno. As this is my first grow, I guess I will post and see what other people think. These are about 11days from clone (granted, my clones were a lil early i think, the roots were hardly showing out of the rapid rooter plugs)

The leaves were yellowing when i got the clone, the new growth looks a lot better.

[​IMG]

This one im a lil worried about...the bottom leave's look a lil...i dunno

[​IMG]

This one again...bottom leaves look kinda blah... uppers seem a lil better

[​IMG]

Those are the hempy pics i took. They seem like they may have reached the res, or are close, as there is some "new growth" that wasnt there a few days ago.

[​IMG]

The leaves on this one seem to be drooping pretty bad...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any advice/tips appreciated!

20. Oh yeah, As for feeding, 3 days ago I started giving them week 1 of useless' GH 3 part formula, with a ph of 6.0 after 24hrs. The hempys get watered every day (till I see some solid growth) and the soil ones get watered every 2 days as the soil doesn't seem to be getting too dry between waterings