Kaiser Puff's Franken-closet

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Kaiser Puff, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Kaiser Puff

Kaiser Puff Full Flowering

:-welcome-:

New pad, new garden! In the south now so humidity and heat are matters of concern :( For now I have a closet to work in that hopefully will become veg closet and the room outside for flower. My 1k bulb didn't make it in shipping so going to have to pony up for it soon, for now the 400 MH is doing veg duty. I finished a test run on my QC (quarter coliseum), looking good though the angles are a little off and the tees can no longer be adjusted (damn pvc glue). My 5 gal bucket entry is vegging away on the left. :angel8: More to come...

[​IMG]

krondikebar likes this.
  2. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

You should post that pic on the "strictly setups" thread in the DIY forum. I think it's pretty damn cool. How's it work?

Retiree

3. Kaiser Puff

Thanks man, water is pumped to the top with a shrub sprinkler in each column. I have it hooked up to my cycle timer so it runs for 25sec every 5 min. I'd like to take this type of setup to full high pressure aeroponics but I might need a harvest or two before I could swing it.

4. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

looking good man... crazy stuff happening in new pad...

5. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

Well get to harvesting!!!!!

I've seen the high pressure (like 160 psi) booster pumps at lowes or home depot for about $100-$150 I think. For myself, I'm through with aeroponics. I hope you have better luck.

Can't wait to see it in action.

Retiree

6. Kaiser Puff

BB- Thanks buddy!

retiree - Will do hehe. 16 plant sites, if I harvest a pound off it or more I'm dubbing it the Quarter Pounder :flyy: Aero can be quite the headache and I'm trying to forget about all the nightmares about pump failure and power outages I'll soon have!

:bong-2: :bong-2: :bong-2: :bong-2:

7. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

whoa...thats pretty cool, pullin up a seat for this one:popcorn-2: :thumbs-up:

8. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

Pretty... I've been thinking about a grow style like this, too.

how are you planning on supporting the plants?

9. Kaiser Puff

I have some 4in neoprene collars on the way.

10. Kaiser Puff

Still waiting on the collars, will probably start work on the cloner tomorrow anyway. Also seeing traces of PM still, I said fuck this and ordered some Clevis. Supposed to be a systemic nuke for PM, just gonna do the deed and treat any new cuttings with it, should eliminate the issue.

Heat's become an issue down here in the south, already crept up to 80 yesterday in the closet, caused a little leaf curl on the baby, bought a 5k BTU window unit for the room which brought temps back to 68-70. Might need a beefier unit when summer hits and I fire up the 1k but we'll see.

Here's the Sour Skywalker I have going for the 5 gal thread @ 1 week.

[​IMG]

11. Kaiser Puff

Expecting my collars and Clevis tomorrow so I started work on my cloner/vegger. I initially penned out a system that would use 2 27 gal tubs for grow chambers fed off 1 27 gal ressy but I don't need 48 sites right now so I'm doing a 1 tub 24 site unit. After playing with the 360deg shrub sprinklers purchased from Lowes (1.98ea) in my QC and not having a hydro store nearby I thought I'd give em a go in the cloner...

[​IMG]

I love getting good results out of the gate, the 4 sprinklers create an awesome spray pattern!

[​IMG]

The trial run showed the sprinklers were too high in the tub so I reworked it to lay the pump on the side.

[​IMG]

Now all that's needed is some holes drilled and it's ready for cuttings!

Oh yeah on a sidenote, man is it easier to do this stuff with power tools! Trying to cut 6 1 1/2in pieces of PVC to fit everything together with a hacksaw woulda taken a good hour, took me maybe a minute with a miter saw with much less crap to deburr... :mashed:

12. Bigbud214

one question my friend... looks like the water level will hae to be too high... seems the pump is as tall as the sprinkler heads... wont that be a problem???

13. Kaiser Puff

The intake is submerged before the pumps but not by much. I can also fit a downtube if need be. The tub holds 3-4 gallons to right below the sprinkler heads. Since this is a cloner/vegger that should be enough h2o for 1-2 weeks. The pump will be on 30sec on 5 min off so the water should stay near ambient temps which are 68 in my room.

14. Bigbud214

ok cool but now another question.... why 30 sec on 5 min off??? dont cloners run around the clock? remember im clueless

15. Kaiser Puff

Well yes and I might run the pump 24/7 the first week, once there are roots to worry about temps become an issue and cycling the pump keeps heat from building up and raising res temps. Also I've found faster root growth on the cycle timer once roots pop.

16. Bigbud214

ahhhh ok make sense now.... once roots formed i can see the cycle...

17. Kaiser Puff

My Clevis arrived yesterday, yeesh thats serious shit, donned rubber gloves and took it outside to weigh and mix. I used 5g and 1/2 gal h20 in my tank sprayer and soaked every inch of every plant and sprayed down the walls of the grow room. Then I took the plants out and shut the closet door and let my MH cook the room to 88 for a couple hours. Probably overkill but I wish to be done with PM from here on out.

My collars arrived today! I set up my cloner and it's ready for cuttings when lights come back on. I'm doing 9 True Blueberry (blue) 9 Sour SkyBubble (pink) 4 OG Kush (white) and 2 Qrazy Train (purple). The Qrazy Train cuttings are in the fridge and made the move with me so they might have already died, if so I'll try something else in those spots.

[​IMG]

Oh yeah looks like I'll be cycling the spray even for cloning BB, I did a test run and on 24/7 water is getting pushed out of the tub, just a few drips here and there but cycle timing will reduce leaking without the fuss of sealants. At worst it might make cloning take a day longer so no biggie.

The 4in collars fit nicely into the inner ring of the PVC wye which is fine but I may try to get 4-1/4" or 4-1/2" collars next time to fit the flared part which would give a little more volume in the root zone area. Not as important for LP aero but every cu in. counts in HP aero.

[​IMG]

18. Kaiser Puff

I went to load 2 Qrazy Train clones I had stored in the fridge when I discovered mold growing on the moist paper towel the stem was wrapped in and 1 cutting starting to rot away. Rather then introduce pathogens back into the room I'm scrapping all the fridge clones and considering them lost. Not too broken up about it as it leaves some room in the stable for new genetics.

[​IMG]

And last an overview shot of the closet as it is right now. Stay tuned for more!

[​IMG]

19. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Digging the imagination in your grows KP

20. Kaiser Puff

Glad you're enjoying the show so far RR, hope to have more good stuff to show off in time. :not-worthy: