DEA Raids Montana

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tony Aroma, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/a9ef98ed05cf44f9be84d4ec28d2da30/MT--Medical-Marijuana-Raids/

2. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Fuckin motha fuckin pieces of shit, and who was it that just said in my post that we need to respect the law? Fuck the LEO and federal agencies that arent out there giving kids C.P.R.!!! What the hell did they accomplish by doin these raids. Obviously if one out of every nineteen houses has a medical patient they need to look into legalizing or just leaving the MMJ business alone. Shit its not like they werent payin there taxes or anything!!! ERRRRRRR this shit makes me soooooo fuckin mad! They had to do it to try to prove a point or something, but they should have thought about that weeks b4 the vote if they wanted that to make a difference. And y is everything under seal?

3. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

with all the gang bangers, serial murderers, bank robbers, rapists and kidnappers out there, they're busting a state-sanctioned medical operation and taking ppl's personal belongins and freezing bank accounts? What the fucking fuck is wrong these fuckers? FUCK!!!!

4. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Its the feds flexing their muscle!! Its not going there way so on with the intimidation routine.

t6

5. ShadowWarrior

Fuck 'em This kinda crap makes me want to spread around a shitload of seeds all over the place just to piss them off.

6. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

IM IN!!!!

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

This is almost becoming common practice. Pick the big guy making $$ on the game and put-em down. It's almost as if they'll let us have our sandbox as long as we don't let it get big or intimidating. Much as some of you may dislike Richard Lee, the feds have learned that if you let guys like him or Mark Emery get big they start shelling hella dough to move their agenda. Keep us small and separate and we're still manageable.

Love these guns drawn raids tho. This is an open business. You think when they busted ole Bernie Madoff that they entered his office in SWAT gear with guns drawn? Wonder when the last time was that a State legal medical grower or dispensary owner/employee fired on an officer....or anybody for that matter. Come on man.....our most visible proponents are a guy in a wheel chair and a Canadian businessman who looks and acts more like an actuarial accountant than a pot king pin. Sure is a violent bunch.

8. Tony Aroma

That's standard practice when the DEA raids a state-legal medical operation. Warrants are invariably sealed and no information is made available to the public. Anybody care to speculate why they do this?

9. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

To conceal the lies and illegality that went into obtaining the search warrants.

10. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

If they were not sealed it would reveal their sources and methods.

11. ResinRubber

Sources can remain unnamed until trial or pretrial disclosure and need not be directly identified in a warrant. My guess is to 'protect the identities' and allow no information to leak out to Amicus Attorneys who may eventually challenge the legality of the action. Do tell Tony.

12. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Its just a matter of time. Eventually they wont be able to fight the legal use of mj and this shit will catch up with them and shit in their wheeties!!

t6

13. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

As long as they have the power and it's coming on the Federal level, they can basicaly do as they please. The Federal has already said they won't bow to state law as far as MJ is concerned. The Gov. must support state laws and get over it but they just can't seem to let go of something that they disapprove of. They held states from recieving Gov. money with highway speed laws and seatbelt laws so now they're going to flex as much muscle as they can.

14. Tony Aroma

My guess is that they don't want to appear to be too blatantly in violation of their unofficial policy of leaving state-legal operations alone. This way they avoid a lot of potentially unpleasant publicity. They're basically saying, "Trust us, these were some really bad guys that needed to be stopped. That's all you need to know."

What I'd like to know is how all information relating to every DEA mmj raid is routinely sealed. I thought that was typically only done in unusual cases, like to protect the identity of a minor or if national security is involved. I don't see how they can justify keeping this information from the public for every single case.

15. ResinRubber

Never knew this was the norm. Good question Tony.

16. hydromorphone

hydromorphone Excommunicated

I think the place that got busted was doing shady business leading the dea to bust them. Just le the places in caliphate get busted. From what I've gathered that as long as the operation is on the up and up then they have little to worry about but if they're dealing to non patients put the back door then the hammer gets dropped. Either way though it's still bullahit people are getting arrested for enjoying personal liberties in the first place.

17. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I highly doubt that theywere running shady or under the radar. Like the guy siaid you could see his green house from the hyw. But i guess i dont know for sure so that might be true...

18. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

Boa

You have a serious issue with all cops don't you? I love it how you just assume these guys were in the right(the dispensary). Sure lots of cops are corrupt. The majority of them? Nope. On average every day don't you think cops do 95% good? Shit like this may make the news, but not the 10 cops who save someones like in NYC every day...or the ones getting people out of there homes in CA from fires... Just like all things there comes some bad with a lot of good. Again i;m not on the side of the cops here, but the way you talk shit a bout the people who protect this country on a daily basis kinda makes me sick. Grow up. You;re on a marijuana grow site with an ankle bracelet and a wife and a daughter. So when they bust you again for breaking your probation rules is it going to be the cops fault, and not yours?

19. ShadowWarrior

lt's not start bashing each other...

20. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I am in the middle about this one, cause I am kinda thinking the same thing. The dude had over 1000 plants and claims they were all for specific patients. If that is true, this will go nowhere like most MMJ raids. Otherwise I have a feeling he was doing more than just "providing."

FUCK THE COPS. NOT A SINGLE COP HAS EVER HELPED ME! I've been stuck on the side of the highway at 3 in the morning and seen at least 3 different police cars go by me with out even a blink. Cops don't protect this country, they protect their pockets.