18/6 question

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by dlr42, Jan 12, 2010.

1. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

I'm on my 4th grow and have always veged on a 24/0 light sechedule. I am
    thinking of giong to a 18/6 sechedule, if for no other reason then to change things up.

My question is, during the 6 hour dark period, if I had to open the door for whatever reason will the light mess the kids up??? :F-A-Q:
    I know during a 12/12 flower cycle that you want NO light. But during veg will it hurt?

I am growing in soil and have 8 lil ones about a week old. They are some
    good bag seed that I came across. I am using floros for lighting. I will flower
    using a 400w HPS.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Thanks ofo, I didn't think there would be a problem but wanted a second opinion.

3. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

it WILL promote negative issues with your grow, make them more open to hermie in flower as well as a possible hermie in your VEGG, i would not do it, whats that important? just put them on a regiment where they are off while you sleep, so you can play at all times

4. Nilzar

Nilzar A Fat Sticky Bud

Humm I never knew that, I allways did not give a shit what happened in veg.. thanks man :)

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Think about it like this, let me wake you up a few times a night a see how you feel?:roffl: :roffl: After a while your all shitty lookin and snippy right? Same with the plant, then it puts up its guards and tries to pro-create to save itself, ala bustin a grape on all your ladies at sometime, waiting to come out of hiding and be "That guy"

6. Dank Vapor

Dank Vapor Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

You could hermie like mentioned with on and offs, so if you intend to go in, might as well leave the light on for the rest of the dark cycle.

I do that, in and out of the veg at anytime, no problems either, but once light is on, its on.

7. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Thanks guys! I love having more then one opinon

8. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

also be sure to cover all yer little red/green on & off lights with electrical tape ...you know the little lights on yer dehumidifier/powerstrips/and the sort??? also check older fans and such for small sparks within the housing....all of the little stuff can effect sensitive strains....hear me now & beleive me later.

9. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

yeah bro what CC said. i did a bunch of grows with vegg bein 24 hrs. This grow switched to 18/6 and they seem to be doin alot better. but y fuck with them when they are sleepin. worst i do is go in there halh hour b4 and spray, dnt turn the lights on n shit just let ur eyes adjust real quick. IDK bro stop peepin on the bitches when they sleepin lol

10. zog

zog Developed Alternating Nodes

hey everyone. is a 400 watt hps enough to flower 8 girls? i got same light im gonna use for mine, probably 4 or 5, and worried it not enough. got one more light, but gotta buy a freakin ballast for it. wish i could grow ballast's instead lol they pricey

11. I'd be very careful to not go in the room during dark period. If you are dealing with "a good bag seed" then IMHO there is already a highter possibility of the plant going hermi.

12. dooobster

dooobster A Fat Sticky Bud

I run my lights from 12 noon til 6 am... Its pretty easy to resist the urge to mess with them during their night period, I just don't do it. If I'm super impatient I can go in and flip the lights on 10 minutes early and do what I want to do, and then just leave the light on... I never mess with them an earlier than that though.