Plant Sick

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by Octoberbuds, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Octoberbuds

Octoberbuds Begun Flowering

Within the last few days my plant has gone down hill. Looked in the room today and noticed yellowing between the veins on the fan leaves close to the top of the plant. It seems to have a ring of red or brown around the yellowing. I know I have read about this sort of trouble before but can't find the web page back. What could it be and what should I do? Help fast plz. Here is a pic
    I was looking around and it looks like maybe it's a Mg problem. I'm going to pick up some epsom salt and add it to my water. Should this take care of the problem?
    [​IMG]

2. Octoberbuds

more info

its a hydro grow, drip ring. drips constantly.

-ph kept at about 6.0-6.5

-temps vary about 9 degrees from 84-75`F

-humidity on average, around 40%

-60 days old

-flowering for 18 days

-General Hydroponics Nova series (Bloom/Grow) (organic/chem mix)

-using all Bloom now 4-8-7 with Epsom salt(newly added), and ph up down (however much required

-ppms are around 1200 i think, give or take. our tap water is 240, but is very clean, doesnt taste like shit, or chemicles. and then whatever ppms are added due to ph balancing, and the epsom salt(newly added), so around 900 -1000 nute ppms i would guestimate.

-its feeding all the time, its growing Rapidly, its sucks up about 2 gallons of water every few days.

-we, started adding the epsom salt about 2 days ago ,thinkin it could be a magnesium def. its got spots (brownish/reddish[rust]) that spread to rings (we think its the spots that are spreading, it hasnt been happening long enough to be sure) anyway, rings with yellowing, or browing, or what ever, (see picture)

-the room is adequetly ventilated

-there is a fan on the plant, set at the top of the plant, blowing through and across it

-a makeshift activated carbon filter fan on the opposite side, sucking in air from the plant

----thanks to mikey84's post "what's wrong???well we need some info first!!!!"

PLEASE GIVE US SOME FEED BACK< CMON PRO GROWERS:confused:

3. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

show us a pic of the whole plant...and does it start at the bottom or top of the plant or in the middle???it looks like Mg but don't add a lot of epsom salts to the water, cause it will cause lockout of the macro nutrients quick.foliar feed with it, to avoid that, but you really need to invest in nutes that have the Mg already premixed...are the very youngest leaves praying or curling inwards????that is the first sign..if not then are you foliar spraying without a wetting agent? that is another ??

4. Octoberbuds

never had so few replies .......(another update)heres a pic of my baby, and me:D, we pinched the top off so it split, and we are training it, so it has a verry odd shape, the bottom branches are taller and bigger than the top ones, and the two splits. so that being said, the "top" of our plant is really the side growing up. its within the last foot of these branches only, IT SEEMS, that this is happening, and not WIDESCALE, but it is on several leaves. it KIND of looks like it might be starting on some older ones, but im not sure, so lets say its starting with the younger ones. its not on the very top, just up there higher, farther out on the main branches. im trying to explain the best i can... ok so now llook at these pics of 3 different leaves, not diff. blades on one leaf, 3 diff. leaves (2 on same main branch, 1 on another), 2 pics are the middle blade, 1 is a side blade... Notice the general patern (^) it makes, is that a tell tale sign? also i was just looking at a description of a manganese problem, could that be it? it described necroses and shredding of leaves, wich, I suppose u could call these spots necrosis, they look bad. and the First pic of the spots, up top....that leave is splitting a little bit, from the brittle(sores). that leaf is a bigger fan leaf, and shit, contrary to what i said earlier, this leaf is the one we noticed first, hence the pic, but its not neccisarily the FIRST, and also its really the only BIG fan leaf with spots. It also doesnt have that same pattern. ok, so, yesterday, were fuckin, not knowing what to do, and our last batch of ferts was stronger than the previous, plus we added some epsom, and (yesterday) we noticed the first signs of fert burn. One tippy tip(about 2 millimeters of it) was WHITE, but that was the only spot like that, and that leaf is away from ANY possible nute splash, but other leafs had the darker charred look, kynda dried up looking tippy tipps, so we are flushing for a day or 2 or 5. we also need to do some pruning soon. We took off about 20 teeeny sprigs last week when we started noticing all this shit, so we stopped to let it build its strength. OK LOTS MORE INFO HERE....................ANY HELP??????? PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

PLANT.jpg

SickLeaf1.jpg

SickLeaf2.jpg

SickLeaf3.jpg

/monthly_2006_06/PLANT.jpg.d500dd0f6a3c6796b7b2230a8833c5f9.jpg

/monthly_2006_06/SickLeaf1.jpg.05e6f59a3aa1bdb96cf2efabb4dad27a.jpg

/monthly_2006_06/SickLeaf2.jpg.a18cfabef206136c37680ae9de78d7e2.jpg

/monthly_2006_06/SickLeaf3.jpg.ee9b7fd5b4546763dc1fbe99e55c3e67.jpg

5. Octoberbuds

another update...buds yoso yea i forget EXACTLY but we between 60 and 65 days into this little medicine plant and have been flowering since june 2nd, so, like 21 days flowering, and this is just a bag seed from some very decent regulars, that were loving on real hard. she didnt start showin till about 2 weeks in, so heres hopin for a happy harvest.....if the fucking thing doesnt wither up and die on us before then....heres yet another crappy pic, of one of the plants competing colas, and 3 pics, of three that are neck and neck..... :D if noone can offer any help after all this extensive info, i might loose faith in this place, u cant let that happen can u???????????? i have no info left to give, that i can think of.........................need some info i didnt give? post a Q, ill shoot ya an A, asap.:cool:

1ofBigColas.jpg

1Cola.jpg

2COLA.jpg

3Cola.jpg

/monthly_2006_06/1ofBigColas.jpg.848f8fc8dc1cf8614efa9960ba18066a.jpg

/monthly_2006_06/1Cola.jpg.85f225e8564a58f6d1f965265d1d299f.jpg

/monthly_2006_06/2COLA.jpg.05eac61451ce593c9f8acbc573b537d9.jpg

/monthly_2006_06/3Cola.jpg.dd7e8b5e57b662cfcd63f80228d4e794.jpg

6. Octoberbuds

7. Octoberbuds

well, we're not gettin any help from anyone. we've even signed up on some other forums now (I.E. 420 genetics, a good one) but still no answers, after some testing and guessing, we think its a zinc/manganese/magnesium shortage, so were buying a micronutrient supplement from worms way........i guess well see in a week or so.................................................................:mad: :confused:

8. Octoberbuds

Just keeping it visable...........i cant fucking believe NONE of u have an opinion on this, wow...

9. reddog7

reddog7 Guest

Hermaphrodite question

I planted two female plants outside near my garden. After the first fertilized feeding, they began to grow single leaves and I'm afraid they may have gone hermmie on me. That was about a week ago. I've since noticed that they are now growing three pronged leaves again and find this confusing. Anyone have an idea what may have made them try to go hermmie on me? Are they female again and was this a product of nutrient stress?

10. Octoberbuds

um, yo dude, thread jacking is frowned upon around here. Also, does it look like anyone is even responding to this post? i.e. to answer ur Q. And lastly ur probably fine with the whole blade deal.