Back again, an interesting comparison

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Domin8rix, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

So... I had problems with my last set of clones and ended up having to take clones from a plant in week 5 of flower. It took them a LONG time to recover but when they finally did they are looking great. The end result is I decided to veg 2 of them under my HPS lamp... and the difference between the HPS and the floros is absolutely amazing. Check this out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My TDS meter for comparison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So... I guess I'm going to have to invest in a HID system for my veg chamber, it just makes sense; the node spacing is less than half on the HPS plants AND the stems are at least 3-4 times thicker. I had them vegging under the floros until they had grown a couple inches and then put them in the flower chamber. They were only in there about 2 weeks; that's the difference vegging under a HID lamp for two weeks will make. Twice as many budsites with less than half the node spacing! Hope you all find it useful, I know I'm certainly going to put my clones under the 1000w lamp for at least a week before switching them to 12/12.

-------Dom

2. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

pump up the watts.

there is no denying the difference those lumens make

3. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Hell ya MH's are awsome for the momma's, but i like CFL's much cooler and takes less power. Now if i were doin a big grow then like EL C. said Pump up the wattz! Thats how you can get them 18inch maga buds from your clones!

4. Kind Cola

Kind Cola Loves White Rino

Looking real healthy... Good luck on your Grow Domin8rix :smokin:

5. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

The only reason I don't like MH lamps is they burn so much hotter than HPS lamps do. I know they are better for veg... oh well, I'll probably just extend my growth period by a couple weeks and put my vegging clones under 24 hours of the HPS for a week or two before switching them over to 12/12.

I knew it would make a difference, I just didn't know how MUCH of a difference, it's pretty amazing!

-------Dom

6. GrassMaster

GrassMaster medicinal chronic

Domin8rix- Those are sweet bushes, should be LOADED with buds soon.

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27967

I have noticed in my limited cloning experience that this holds true, flowering clones take longer to re-veg, but are more branchy and tighter once they do. Peace

7. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Interesting... I've never taken clones from a flowering plant before; but all of these clones pictured are taken from the same flowering plant. The only difference is where they were vegged.

I'm hoping I get more off of these ladies than I did off the last ones; so if all goes well I'll get more than 14 oz of dried bud :) I'm sure they'll perform wonderfully for me.

-------Dom

8. GrassMaster

Best of luck to ya Domin8rix, be sure to let us know how it works out for ya.......

9. jimmy the lizard

jimmy the lizard Genius beginner!

i dont mean to change the subject, but if those are c-99 clones youre taking, you might wanna start a motherplant. c-99 f1's, along with brothers grimm are gone forever. its a shame to see such a good strain, (i believe the jack herer strain was birthed from c-99,) disappearing.

10. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

I took these clones from a flowering plant. I've only been growing c99 this year and had a set of clones die on me for some unknown reason so I had to take clones from ladies in the 4th week of flower. My c99's finished in about 6-7 weeks last time and I pulled about 14 oz dried bud from 2 plants. I have another clone in veg right now that I'll be taking more clones off of; I'll be careful not to let this strain die out, it's so fucking good... I had no idea the f-1's were all gone. I guess that goes to show how much the boy who gave me the original clone liked me eh? :love4: When he is back in town I'll have to let him know how much I appreciate it!

What do you think of a c99/ak47 cross? If the AK I have vegging right now turns out to be male I'm going to cross it and see what happens!

-------Dom

11. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Oh, I'll keep this thread updated. Once I start a grow I'm usually pretty good at doing regular updates... as long as I don't get totally caught up writing lesson plans or grading tests. And as long as my camera or computer doesn't die on me again :angry:

12. GrassMaster

AK x anything is good in my book. AK-47 was one of the first named strains I ever smoked, and it remains a personal favorite to this day. I haven't had any since last christmas, but I have a feeling some should be here anyday now.................

Cross em' Domin8rix

Peace

13. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

very nice!

Oh the thoughts going thru my head atm........ :pottytrain1::dom:

Looking gr8 as usual, Dom! :thumbsup:

14. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Good to see ya Dom!

:leafdance:

:bananas::bananas:

:woohoo: :welcome: back to :GK: :dom: :woohoo:

:bananas::bananas:

:leafdance:

Nice plants!!! Great to see ya around again :dom:

15. jimmy the lizard

jimmy the lizard Genius beginner!

ak-47 x c-99 cross sounds like something that was meant to be!

keep us updated if you do that for sure!!!

16. GrassMaster

^^^^^updated, hell!!!! I want some beans,lol

17. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

He he, a spanking is all in a day's work but a whipping is only for special occasions :evil4: Thanks for all the input boys, here's a little update:

I had to tie the plant on the right up as she was getting too tall and shading the poor little girl on the left. I think I finally have the hang of getting a nice even canopy.

[​IMG]

Look at the SIZE of that stem... by far the fattest stem I've ever grown on a plant, makes me confident that this will be the best grow yet!

[​IMG]

After some contemplation I've decided to stress the AK plant I have going in the hopes that it'll turn out to be a male... I let him dry out until he wilted, kept him in a small pot for too long (he's in soil, I suck at starting seeds in hydro) so hopefully in the next few months I'll be getting Cinderella knocked up :suave: My thought is that after the harvest I'll just leave a few branches that have some smaller buds on them and use them for pollinating... has anyone tried that? Did it work? Thanks guys!

-------Dom

18. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

damn Damn DAMN!!!! :angry: I hate magnetic ballasts SO MUCH right now... this is the second one that's died on me in as many years. I'm sick of this shit... I just ordered a 1000W Lumatek digitial ballast, ended up getting it shipped 2nd day air too... with a spare lamp (just in case the old ballast frying toasted my lamp too) it was under $450 so I guess I can't complain too much but I'm still bummed. At least it happened early in the grow so hopefully my girls won't suffer TOO terribly much from me suddenly switching them to about 100W of floruescent light from 1000W of HPS light. My poor poor ladies :(

19. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

That IS a big difference!

Hope your light comes soon! :icon_confused: I just was going to say that I pollinate after harvest...works for me. I have 2 preggers right now...I left the bottom and inside buds on them and voila...and I don't have to worry about accidents that way....Anyhoo,... That's a nice plant! Massive stem! Sweet! :)

20. GrassMaster

ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!!!! that sucks Dmn8x. It seems when ever you get a "perfect"grow going something stupid happens. Hope you light comes as fast as it should.

I fiigure what three days, maybe some stretch, but shouldn't hurt too bad. I am thinking along the lines of outdoorsthere are stretches where it's cloundy for 3-5 days straight and they get alot less light than normal. Maybe someone else has experienced this indoor?