Temp?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by XTC, Jul 6, 2006.

1. XTC

XTC Veggy Stage

My plant has been flowering for almost 3 weeks and its has grown about and 1" plus a week under my hps light and my temp is around 80 degrees and my humidity is around 50 or so should i keep at the same temp n humidity or should i change it??? THANKS YO

2. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

you should be fine without having to change anything. But if you wanted to, drop the temp by 5f, and then lower the humidity by 15%. This will promote quicker dense growth and extra resins.

3. XTC

XTC Veggy Stage

How do i lower the humidity???

4. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

dehumidifer :)

5. XTC

XTC Veggy Stage

cool thanks dude i will get me 1 of those and im at 10hrs on and 14 off is that alright?

6. Erin Kerrik

Erin Kerrik Veggy Stage

From what I read, 80 or a bit more is fine if you have sativa-dominant; but a bit high for indica-dominant.

7. XTC

XTC Veggy Stage

its a shorter plant but 80 degrees when light is on and 75 degrees when its off

8. Erin Kerrik

Erin Kerrik Veggy Stage

Thinking ... if you have central air, increasing the circulation between your grow area and the rest of the abode could lower the humidity as AC air is 30-50% humidity.

9. XTC

XTC Veggy Stage

AC in is a diff room

10. ShortySmoker

ShortySmoker Banned

if ur plants aren't showing any signs of stress or damage from the temp or humidity....i wouldn't mess with them. But thats just me

11. XTC

XTC Veggy Stage

NO......my plant is doin great you can look at my pics on my profile it should help a lil bit but im almost done with my 3rd week of flowering and all i see is alot of brite white hairs and no buds so im concerned that maybe im doin something wrong that i havent seen any buds yet but i vegged it for a long time so maybe thats it. idk lil help please thanks

12. Erin Kerrik

Erin Kerrik Veggy Stage

Could you vent it towards your grow area when you're not around?

13. XTC

XTC Veggy Stage

Its in my room and the AC in across the house in the living room and that is about 30 feet away so i dont think it will be possible because its not central air. Any other suggestions?

14. Erin Kerrik

Erin Kerrik Veggy Stage

Apologies, but if those pics are of three-weeks into 12/12 it does seem like something is wrong. The tips are browning as if they have an excess of nitrogen.

Sorry, I should remember this, XTC, but what light are you using and how far from the top?

15. XTC

XTC Veggy Stage

Those tips got burned well over a month ago in veg stage and my light is about 1 foot away with a 150watt hps light with all white grow box(inside). But it is growing like i was sayin earlier over and 1" a week. Thanks YO

16. Erin Kerrik

Erin Kerrik Veggy Stage

Myself, from what I've read I don't think humidity is much of an influencing factor as long as it's between 40-80%. Have read contradictory recommendations, especially when looking at different recommendations for specific growth periods.

But a concept I've read which rings true is that if your plant experiences lower humidity than it's genes expect, it will respond by producing more sticky resin in an attempt to thwart water loss. Especially late in flowering.

That said, if you left your A/C on when you're not at home, with one fan blowing out of the A/C area and one into your grow area, and all other doors between closed, you would push some of that lower humidity air to your plant.

PS: Are you planning to clone or just let the one plant produce what it may?

17. Erin Kerrik

Erin Kerrik Veggy Stage

I cut the burned/browned parts of leafs off, per unanimous suggestion from the experienced people here.

It really looks to me like your plant could use more vegetative growth in order to have enough leaf area to support growth of the potential buds.

18. XTC

XTC Veggy Stage

Yes i have took 6 clones off of her and they are growing good so far in my dome and its only been 4 days now. I think its wierd that it only has 3 leaves on each branch but idk. The clones i took were the ones with some brown on the tips and they are growing as far as i can tell. Thanks for helpin me out