My own strain from bagseed!

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Mad Scientist, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Veggy Stage

I've been growing for about 10 years now. Probably screwed up every way there is to screw up with growing. Last year, with the help of this site, I grew my first really nice buds. It took some time to find a pure female using bag seed from Mexican flat-bud. When I did, boy was she nice! HUGE BUDS! They reminded me of corn-on-the-cobb they were so big!

So I take a few clones and pass them around. All my friends were amazed by the size of these buds! We didn't know the flowering time so we just kept watch with a microscope. Total flowering time was about 10 weeks (an eternity).

So the day is here. We're finally going to taste the fruits of our labor! It breaks up perfectly and rolls a beautiful joint, tastes delicious and ... puff...puff...puff...

It's CRAP!! ... The over dried flat-bud this plant came from got me way higher than this garbage! OMG! What a waste!!!

So, the moral of this story is...

Buy seeds!

Any seeds you order are going to be way better than seeds from Mexican flat bud.

If i had ordered seeds 9 years ago, I would have been growing big sticky buds back then. Instead I wasted years trying to isolate my own female, which turned out to be crap!

I'm the dumbest guy I know!
    Don't be like me.

Mad

Gratitude likes this.
  2. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

~lmao~

...Excellent advice!

:laughing5:

:qbluewacko:

3. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

99% of commercial seed is going to be Sative dominant. The sativas are grown commercially south of the border or even in the southern parts of the US, for mass production. They are grown purely for profit, and distributed throughout the country.

There are however some decent phenos that come out of bagseed. The only time I mess with bagseed is if i have some extra time on my hands to plant them for an outdoor grow. To be truthful, I usually sell my bagseed harvests, and keep my good strains for indoor growing and for mine and my families indulgence.

Word of advice, dont expect nothing great from bagseed, and dont bother growing it indoors. Its not worth it.

GFAM

4. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

I have to disagree. Dont get me wrong, there is alot of problems with bagseed. However I have grown out bagseed and it was the best thing I have ever had. All the way up til this weekend when I had some White Rhino. The bagseed I grew was better than alot of bought strains, including White Widow. So good in fact that I crossed it with Dutch Dragon to get the Grim Reaper. I guess I just got real lucky...Thank god. This is an extreme case though.

5. Mad Scientist

I almost forgot to mention how phat the doc hooked me up!

I ordered Aurora Indica, and he sent me 5 freebies.

Lifesaver x Double Purple Doja

OMG!! This stuff is incredible!

Way better than the Aurora!

Thanks Doc!!!

Mad

6. Gopher Love

Gopher Love Under Construction

I will say first I have never grown an actual "strain".. I have always grown from bagseed (3 times so far..) but one time was from a named dank (was told it was blueberry and it was fruity but don't think it was an actual blueberry strain). The first two were obviously sativa (grew VERY tall and lanky) and were pretty much crap like yours scientist... But the blueberry ones had a very good yield and was a good mid-grade smoke. Great taste too.

So its a toss-up... You might get some great stuff might get some crap.

7. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

#1 My first grow was bagseed and decent, after curing.

#2 You are not the dumbest guy, I'm sure.

8. choker

choker HIDING OUT

My first plant i grew was bag seed. It was the best plant i have ever grown. IT was amazing. Flowered in 5 weeks. It should have gone longer but did not know what was up then. It was one to remember.

9. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

That is a very fast maturing plant.. g'damn! I heard of 45-50 days but damn!

GFAM

10. skunkrnaught

skunkrnaught Flying magic hemp carpet

King of bag seed

I have to disagree as well, all I do is grow BS cause I'm a chicken shit to order I have grown some good shit. It is interesting to see what it looks like when I buy it compared to what it looks like when I grow it. Totally different look, never any crystals almost like they screen it before they sell it to knock the trichs off maybe to make hash? Now don't get me wrong if you are smoking dirt you will be growing dirt. Be more selective on the weed you buy. you are right I go through a lot of seeds to find a female (1 in 5) and this does suck.

11. Gopher Love

You really get a 1 in 5 for females? If I remember right I planted like 6 bagseeds each time i grew and got 4 females each time. I think I planted 7 when i grew my third time and ended up with 5 but one died or something.. Actually i think each time at least one died.. VERY GOOD LEARNING EXPERIENCE. You always learn things from real world experience. ALWAYS.

Back to the point.. I guess I had some really good luck when I grew because I only remember chopping at most 2 or 3 males each time...

12. skunkrnaught

skunkrnaught Flying magic hemp carpet

Piss poor ratio I know it really sucks. When I find the right mother it will all be worth it. Till then I will be a lumber jack and keep cutting the mo fos down.

13. Mad Scientist

Please remember... The bagseed of which I speak is from Mexican flat-bud. Not good bud.

Good bud is really slim pickings down here in the south.

I really don't think anyone that has disagreed with me was growing Mexican.

Of course, there is an exception to every rule. I'm sure there are some good Mexican strains. I just don't get them here.

lol

Mad

14. Gopher Love

I can't say if mine was mexican or not.. I'm north so i have no idea where it's from.. just the fine old crap bud that's nice and flat packed to hell and tastes like crap most of the time.

15. CaptKush

CaptKush Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

It took you 10 years to figure out that this strain was shitty? How much bong resin have you been smoking?

16. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

ohh man bong resin, this old guy I knew in College gave me some when he moved and told me it was "ok" to smoke....needless to say, the worst thing ever :icon_confused: 10 times worse than regular resin and that's saying something

off topic, sorry a little ripped here

17. hygrade

hygrade _________________________

yeah,i'm growing bagseed as well and have in the past and i've only had one plant that really sucked,and it was fire too,just a crappy yielder.but they are from pretty good mids

18. Allen

Allen Humble Gardener

My experience with bag seed (mids) was the same quality as what I had took the seed from, but lets face it, who wants to smoke mids. You already got huge balls growing, just order some quality genetics, or start with high end bag seed.

19. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

I live in the uk so we dont get mex ditch weed. All UK weed is home grown. lol we grow so much we even export it ;)

But Mex weed will be sativa. Therefore a 10 week flower may be too short by 6 weeks. Did it look ready when i came down?

20. thinktank

thinktank Coco grower, hash sifter

The first plant harvested from my first grow was from a random dimebag. I didn't let it finish correctly due to all sort of newbie fears and still harvested a crop better than most of the weed I smoked over the years. Part of it was the satisfaction from growing it. I knew the plant. When I smoked it I would see it in my mind. I always wanted to grow my own so I took it pretty seriously. I'm smoking some later finishing bud from that grow right now. Different plant, Breeder's choice freebies. Pricey if you buy them and worthless if you don't have the time to grow them. The cannabis community needs to buy an island somewhere so we can just grow to our heart desires. Actually the world needs to wake the fuck up to cannabis and tune into reality programing.

UM.

Sorry to hear your grow didn't go too well. Better luck with your new sprouts, wherever they come from. Lord knows I have a dream seed list a mile long.:suave: