...how long 'til...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dazechain, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...we call it for watt it is...hey, guess watt...right now works for me...

..."slaughter...thru n' true...innocent 'children' kill'd in/for "watt" a war of choice...slaughter of the innocent...who's the evil one?..."

...read on...that is if you are willing to accept the facts for watt they are...the US government and it's military, and all the guns for hire...ya' know soldiers of no morals...all got blood of children on their hands...so here goes...yes I believe this word fits...baby-killers...nuf' said...time for a response...even if it is knee-jerk.

Bombs kill 6 in Baghdad and north Iraq
    By KATARINA KRATOVAC
    ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

BAGHDAD -- A parked car bomb went off near a police patrol Friday afternoon in a central Baghdad shopping district, killing four people as Iraq's Sunnis began marking the Eid al-Fitr holiday that ends the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

The U.S. military, meanwhile, said it was working with local Iraqi officials and tribal officials to investigate the killings of 15 civilians - six women and nine children - as well as 19 suspected insurgents Thursday in a U.S. ground and air assault targeting al-Qaida in Iraq northwest of Baghdad.

Streetside parking was banned in the capital during the three-day holiday, an Interior Ministry official said, speaking on condition of anonymity as he was not authorized to talk to media.

Citing improved security, Baghdad authorities lifted a weekly four-hour driving ban that had coincided with Friday prayers and shortened the curfew in the capital. But Iraqis have faced a series of car bombings in recent days as al-Qaida in Iraq promised an offensive to coincide with the holy month.

Two policemen were among the four people killed and 15 other people were wounded in the blast in Baghdad, an official said, adding that several shops and two nearby cars also were damaged.

The police officer, who declined to be identified because he was not supposed to release the information, said the attacker had parked the explosives-laden car near clothing stores, pretended to go shopping during the busy start of the holiday, then fled.

In northern Iraq, a bomb planted among toys in a cart left near a children's playground in the religiously mixed city of Tuz Khormato, killed a civilian and wounded 17, including five children, one of whom later died in hospital, police Col. Abbas Mohammed said. The cart owner was arrested in his home in the town, about 130 miles north of Baghdad.

The U.S. military operation near the man-made Lake Tharthar, about 50 miles northwest of the capital, inflicted one of the heaviest civilian death tolls in the offensive against the terror network in recent months.

Nineteen insurgents and 15 civilians, including nine children, died in the raid, the military said.

The military statement said ground and air assault troops acted on intelligence reports about an al-Qaida meeting at an initial location, then pursued suspected insurgents to another area. Two suspected al-Qaida members, a woman and three children were also wounded.

In a statement Friday, the military said the Tharthar incident was under investigation and that U.S. forces "take every precaution to protect innocent civilians and only engage hostile threats."

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki recently confronted top American commander Gen. David Petraeus about what he sees as overly aggressive U.S. tactics that harm the innocent, according to Iraqi officials.

On Oct. 5, a pre-dawn U.S. raid on Khalis, a Shiite city north of Baghdad, killed 25 people when U.S. troops under attack called in airstrikes. Village leaders said the victims included civilians, but the military insisted the 25 killed were militants.

Tensions also are high over the recent shooting deaths of Iraqi civilians allegedly by private security contractors hired to protect U.S.-government funded work.

A representative of the country's top Shiite cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani urged the parliament to take up the issue of unjustified killings of Iraqi civilians by the armed teams from mostly Western companies.

"Iraqi blood has become the cheapest thing in Iraq," Sheik Abdul Mahdi al-Karbalai said in a Friday sermon in the Shiite holy city of Karbala. "So we demand the Iraqi parliament meet to discuss the devaluing of Iraqi blood and souls by these companies."

Investigations are under way into the Sept. 16 killing of 17 Iraqi civilians allegedly by Blackwater USA guards protecting a U.S. Embassy convoy in Baghdad, and the shooting deaths on Tuesday of two Armenian Christian women by security contractors working for Australian-owned Unity Resources Group. Both companies said their employees were responding to what they perceived as a threat.

In a grim reminder of the dangers facing U.S. forces in Iraq, the U.S. military said weapons have been found that belonged to four American soldiers kidnapped or killed in an insurgent attack south of Baghdad five months ago. The weapons were in a cache discovered Tuesday near where the soldiers had came under attack, about 20 miles south of Baghdad, the military said Thursday in a statement.

The weapons belonged to Sgt. Anthony Schoeber, who was killed in the attack; Pfc. Joseph Anzack Jr., whose body was found at the edge of the Euphrates River 11 days later; and Spc. Alex Jimenez Jr, who has been classified as missing-captured, along with Pvt. Byron Fouty.

----

Associated Press Writers Sinan Salaheddin in Baghdad and Yahya Barazanji in Kirkuk contributed to this report.

...take every precaution...ya' think...if they had taken every precaution...the US government n' freedom slaves would not be in this quagmire of a mess they dub "Operation Iraqi Freedom"...freedom, my ass...if you call that freedom...I will pass...sittin' this dance out, thank you.

DC:XXsunsmile::new_scatter:

2. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Interesting how you point out the evils of the U.S. Government and its hired "baby killers," while in the very article you posted shows how the terrorists are directly targeting civilians and yet not a single word about them from you.

I seriously doubt that the U.S. Solders in Iraq are purposely targeting civilians and children. If the cowardly terrorists use civilians and children as human shields, then the blood is on the hands of the terrorists.

3. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

It is truly fucked up beyond belief.

It's sick to hear about babies getting killed. the whole mess is sick.

the problem is now, as a Senator recently said, "we bought iraq because we broke Iraq."

the US cannot exit the country. as bad as it is, it will only get worse. way worse.

it's almost too disturbing to even think about, guess that's why so many choose to stick their heads in the sand

4. El Campesino

El Campesino The Farmer

then we would also have to take into consideration that the US killed 9 times as many children by accident than the "terrorists" killed intentionally. that's hardly a case to assume the moral high ground

makes no difference the intent...the babies are just as dead.

like it or not, the US is the perpetrator, the aggressor, the occupier.

it is the fault of the US that the situation is as it is.

every single death that occurs in Iraq is the direct fault of President Bush.

5. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I couldn't agree more ElCamp. :ebert:

This exact outcome was predicted well before we ever went into Iraq. There was no need to go in other than to secure oil deposits for Bush cronies and to set up a military force in the region to keep control of those resources for the future. Rather than use 'shelved' technologies that could easily reduce our dependancy on foreign oil, Bush opt'd to make his friends (and himself) even more rich. Piss on the little guy and screw those Iraqi children.....who needs 'um anyway? So long as they get what they want it's 'A-ok'. This admin allowed 9/11 to happen and then covered it up....if they can kill their own citizens then what are a few (10/100) thousand Iraqi children? And let's not forget that these so called 'terrorists' are nothing less than the makings of our own government in the past. They created the monster to do their dirty work and now the monster has turned on it's creator. Makes me sick every time I think about it.

6. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Let's not forget the sanctions...

It's well established that the young girl who testified before congress, reporting that Iraqi soldiers were slaughtering babies in "incubators" in Kuwaiti hospitals, was a member of the Kuwaiti royal family. This testimony is what tipped the vote to authorize the use of force against Iraq when Daddy Bush was in office. No such reports were found in the Kuwaiti hospitals and no evidence exists (outside of her testimony) that such a thing ever happened.

(Why is "Bay of Tonkin" the first thing that comes to mind?)

The combination of the devastation of the Iraqi infrastructure (we bombed their water filtration and sewage processing facilities not just roads) and the sanctions that were imposed for the dozen years after the first invasion (this included aspirin ppl!!!) resulted in over 100,000 Iraqi CIVILIAN deaths (this is largely due to preventable/treatable illness). Just for clarification Economic Sanctions limit trade. Varying from absolute (no nation is allowed to buy from you or sell to you) to partial (list of approved items for import/export so as to permit reconstruction of legitimate operations while preventing manufacture of chemicals of any kind). Apparently the sanctions were effective in preventing the manufacture of WMD's cause they never found them right?

Imagine you are 5yrs old in 1990 living in Iraq. Imagine spending the next 17 yrs of sanctions, illness, bombings, invasions, etc... Today you are 22, you lost your Dad in 1992, you lost you older brother in 2003, your mom has chronic health issues...and a very broken spirit. What are you thinking about tonight? What are you willing to do? What might you have done already? Can you look in the mirror? Can you sleep at night?

I'm getting a little scattered here but what is there wasn't created overnight and NO ONE is born a terrorist.

Our motives aren't pure and never have been. We are reaping what we have sown while at the same time we are planting more and more seeds.

There is no high ground and the end is not in sight...

The process of social evolution has proven to be far more brutal than the harshness of nature ever was...

7. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...common sense prevails...

Grats sez..."Our motives aren't pure and never have been. We are reaping what we have sown while at the same time we are planting more and more seeds.

There is no high ground and the end is not in sight...

The process of social evolution has proven to be far more brutal than the harshness of nature ever was..."...

...Exactly...a good example above of "common sense"...now if I may respectfully reply to Alien...who sez':

..."Interesting how you point out the evils of the U.S. Government and its hired "baby killers," while in the very article you posted shows how the terrorists are directly targeting civilians and yet not a single word about them from you.

I seriously doubt that the U.S. Solders in Iraq are purposely targeting civilians and children. If the cowardly terrorists use civilians and children as human shields, then the blood is on the hands of the terrorists.

...Interesting, perhaps, that I omit'd any scapegoatin' towards the "Osama" network that has set up shop in Iraq...however, that slant was intentional...we all no shit rolls down hill...right...gravity...easy physics...well, takin' that known...then one could easily apply it to watt we have in Iraq...which other than yourself, Alien...has been duly noted by every other poster here to this strand o' mine...and that reality is this, Alien...the current administration or regime...however you decide to pitch it...has created the environment that as we see with our own eyes now has birth'd a terrorist haven...so I ask...who do you pin that responsibility on...the innocents who died...it's their fault, right?...Always the other guy's fault...I see too much of that playin' out in front of me daily...from the micro to the macro...and everywhere in between...so yes...Alien...absolutely no mention of the terrorists...because with the fail'd policies of the Bush dictatorship all of this has come to fruitation...if you can call the innocent loss of life "bearin' fruit"...

...If they are targetin' civilians...then it is without doubt that Bush play'd right into Osama's hand...can't you understand the simple math here...if the terrorists continue to target civilians then the US military will by Bush's command stay engaged...in other words we are not leaving anytime soon...

...This is in my opinion where the vicious cycle gains its momentum...I'll explain my thought...if the US military continues to target Osama's thugs in Iraq...which it's obvious they will...then watt you have there is the recipe for a perfect storm...the rage that follows innocent loss of life in Iraq does more to send not only Osama wannabes to the jihad recruitment camps in large, untold numbers...but it also turns the Iraqi citizens against the "occupiers" as well...and there's a bonus too...it turns average joe blow Americans against their own government...cuz' the way I see it is like this...I do not have to subscribe to the mentality that a "war is hell" rationale should effectively help squelch my emotions from the sickenin', gut-wrenchin' realities of the occupation of Iraq...

Alien...one last thing...you mention'd..."I seriously doubt that the U.S. Solders in Iraq are purposely targeting civilians..."

all I can say to that is...ya' think...well then let's not forget the openin' salvo of the occupation in '03...remember, shock n' awe...apparently you were unaware of the casualities that brought to the private sector...Alien, if you choose to defend the defendless...prepare yourself a bit better, please...thank you.

DC

8. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

I was just wondering....

How many women and children have died at the hands of their own people in the religous war that has been going on since way before we(theU.S.) ever got involved, and how many more will still continue to die after we finally give up on forcing democracy down the throats of people who don't want it. I just thought it was worth noting that there are alot of other countries that have women and children dying, too. It's just not in the spotlight at the moment. I feel for the military, like being in between a rock and a hard place. They are fighting and endless war, but to pull out means all their fallen comrades will have died in vain. They fight for our freedom, and we treat them like genocidal warmongers. Either way, it's sad. Whether the U.S. occupies it or not, they will keep on killing each other like they have for over 2000 years.