Clones, Day 5, little yellow around the edges!

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by carly22, Aug 23, 2006.

1. skunknhaze

skunknhaze Veggy Stage

don't even worry about the yellowing tips it's nothing but if you want cloning done easy check these out I used one of these to clone my plant and it worked in about a weeks time but I left it in there for two now my plant is about three weeks into flowering and huge as hell

gclo001.jpg

/monthly_2006_08/gclo001.jpg.ca51c22ab54baf8299e9a7843c65bbaf.jpg

2. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

more than welcome. :) i have never actually removed the netting, but i do know that when the disks get dry they break apart very easily inside the netting when handled. i just wanted to atest that leaving the netting on cause NO problems. keep us updated.

3. carly22

carly22 Developed Alternating Nodes

skunknhaze - whats up? thanks for stoppin by my thread.. however, i have no idea what that is in your picture. lemme smoke this roach here and maybe i can see it more clearly.... *puff puff* wait.. what were we talking about? i forget.. anyways. i'm hungry. k bye.

no wait. here is a new pic just for the heck of it. clones are at day 7. no roots poking out the bottoms yet, i checked. guess it will take a little longer... oh well... i added a layer of perlite beneath them. i thought that might be better for when the roots start to show than if they're just sitting on the tray..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. H20K9AU

H20K9AU SUPERSTIKY

Damn fine job my man. Those are beautys. Keep 'em moist down in the pearlite. Bet you'll see white roots in a few more days and new growth shortly thereafter.

5. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

Just be patient, everyones giving you great advice. They look far from death.

6. skunknhaze

skunknhaze Veggy Stage

yeah carly22 the thing in the picture was a cloning gel that I use call easy clone it works in about 6 to 7 days I'll try to send you pics of them in action

7. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

I bet them water crystal's would be a nice cloning medium.....with a little rootone powder in there???sounds like an experiment for me lol

8. carly22

i dunno guys i am starting to get very impatient. i mean they appear to be alive and everything but tonight i decided to dig into the peat and see how it was looking in one.. i know that sounds bad but i have more clones than i need anyways so if i ended up killing one its not that big of a deal to me.. but anyways the stem had no roots whatsoever coming from the bottom of it. it was just a stem stuck in some peat. is this normal? no action whatsoever? when i look at the leaves they appear to be so healthy (not limp and droopy or anything) but i thought i would at least find the start of some roots.... what do u think? and dont worry i only did this to one out of 25...

9. Mr. Wakenbake

let em go and keep them moist all of the time..they WILL root

be patient

and if they don't root, try skinning the very last inch or so of the cutting before re-sticking it into the peat. Mine were busting roots in 4-7 days but i kept em moist...that's the key. From my experience with a little clone op, the roots grow outta the side of the stem that is under the soil. any part of the stem that is kept moist wil grow roots.

That is proven by the air layering method of taking clones, which i will be experimenting with this grow . Cloning is not a science ..keep spritzing em with water about 3 times a day and keep the humidity up ....but that 1000 is prob the problem..i know clones love to root in dimmer light it seems.

edit:put them in a darker corner of the room and kinda give em some light shade..maybe with a dark window screen..that would help alot ..they don't like direct light....it's just too intense for them..

10. carly22

ok so the fact that they havent rooted yet doesnt mean its over... thats good to know.

i think i AM keeping them moist by sprayin in the dome every day or two. its totally humid in there and the peat appears to still be moist. i shouldnt be actually adding water to the peat, should i? i dont think it needs that, even the one i dug into the soil felt moist... or maybe that was just my imagination.. man i dunno... i hope they do something soon.. i'll just keep doin what i'm doin and hope for the best...

11. carly22

no they are under a 15 watt floro right now, not the 1000 watt hps... just so u know

12. Mr. Wakenbake

ahh sorry...well..give them time and keep em moist . be patient some varieties can take a while to root.

13. carly22

ya could u just emphasize on how i should be keepin em moist? is sprayin the dome enough, or should i spray the peat, or should i even pour some water on them, what?

14. H20K9AU

H20K9AU SUPERSTIKY

If you stick your finger in the pearlite and it feels moist or a little cool to the touch it's moist enough. I think it's better to over water at this stage. Got to give them enough to keep em alive till they root but too much water and they will rot at the stem. Your shooting for a consistant moistness. (Is that a word?) If you get impatient and you have clones to play with, try cutting some off above the first cut and immediatly get them in water or directly into saturated peat. It takes a very short time for the cut stem to seal itself up and then it want be able to draw water or root at all. If you have a low humidity in the room you can keep the dome on but not tight enough to close off all ventilation. If you try to keep all that moisture in the stem will rot. I learned this the hard way. But then I learn almost everything the hard way:rolleyes:

15. carly22

hey it turns out you guys were right (imagine that, ha ha!), i just went in to check on my babies and WE HAVE ROOTS! i only noticed about 3 or 4 of the clones with roots stickin out, hopefully the others will be soon to follow.. but i'm just so happy right now! i'm thinking i will wait till about friday till i transplant as that will be the 2 week mark....

excuse the sort of out of focus pic... i havent mastered the art of the close up yet :eek:

[​IMG]

update: just checked them all, so far 14 out of 25 clones are showing roots.. yeehaaaa!!!!

16. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

17. carly22

isnt it? :D

just curious, do you think i should add some soil around them to protect the roots that are sticking out the sides from the light? or even just surround them with more perlite??? :confused:

18. Spuddy

Spuddy Veggy Stage

sweet :D cant wait to see your whole setup in action

19. Mr. Wakenbake

add more perlite to them if you can..If you got it soilless then keep it that way..it's just better. ANd if they are showing root's then it's time to get them in some soil...when you see plenty of roots stickin out it's time ..good luck, you are on the right path, just read read read

20. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

how are they looking?