pioneer sr202 reverb amplfier?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by teamster6, Jan 11, 2012.

1. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

A good friend of mine threw this to me and said keep it as he had no use for it anymore.

Its a Pioneer sr202 reverb amplifier from the 60's or 70's.

It looks to be a separate amp like unit with speaker jacks ect.

What I am wondering is if this can be plugged to my old Marantz 2275 Stereo amp or if you have to go say turntable to just the pioneer reverb separately.

t6

2. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Ha Ha well it looks like you gotta be as fuckin old as me to know what one of these things are.

t6:jj::jj::jj:

3. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I think you can, but all the pictures I am finding don't show what connection in/outs are on the reverb. Are you trying to go from input to reverb to amp to out speakers?

4. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Thats what I am thinking but have never tried to wire one of these before. It has a shitload of jacks kind of like running a reel to reel off one.

So what do you think just skip the tape jacks and go in and out?

t6

[​IMG]

5. LionLoves420

Yah, unless you plan on recording anything (and even then its not that hard) it is as simple as the in/out. That should work no problem. I thought those were 1/4 inch connectors like a guitar cord at first, but on second look they are RCA right?

6. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Yeah Lion I do think those are rca plugs. I have been scouring the net there does not seem to be much info or diagrams on these so I guess I got me some playing to do

t6

7. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Yeah pretty simple here. Put it inline before your main amp/receiver it basically just has 3 sets of ins and outs. The only reason it says tape 1 and 2 is because that was the highest media that existed at that time. Enjoy it!

ECHO Echo Echo

Gonna be trippy man...LOL steelnuts

8. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

tape deck

its usually used with an old reel to reel tape deck....yep thats it...get a deck and a pair of bose 901's or some altec lanscing studio speakers a couple of mics and you can make some wierd sounds....thats for sure....we used to catch a buzz and record shit like a toilet flushing then play it back with reverb and echo on and it was wild...hey i was like 18 then...lol...

9. LionLoves420

And here I am plugging into an EMU sound card into my computer from a four track mixer and using Acid for effects and editing.....I wish I could get my hands on some of that old school equipment. My Peavy amp does a lot of cool shit, but is still from the 80's. I can get some old school sound out of it, and even make an electric almost sound acoustic, but its a very flat sound from the crate itself.

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

stoner stoners stoners.....(Lionish head shake)

Yup RCA jacks. I think Steel's right that it's a pre-amp unit. Run it inline from device to your amp and the "tape" inputs can be used with a cd player instead.

Some AR-3's and an old high end Marantz amp would look cool paired with that.

11. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Well its been awhile for sure but I have quite a vinal collection along with my deluxe turntable, Marantz 2275 amp and two Bose 501 floor speakers thats been safely kept over the years. This is gonna be fun!! Now if I could get this same guy to give up his akai Reel to Reel to add to this I would have it made.

t6

12. ResinRubber

Dude! There's old audio heads who'd kill to stumble on that cache. You using an equalizer for the Bose?

13. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

No dont have the equalizer but who knows might run into one. All I know is over the years I bought cheap systems that never lasted like the old original one did.

Sometimes old is better!!

t6

14. ResinRubber

I remember the 501's and 901's sounded tinny or flat until coupled with an equalizer....then it turned them to near perfection. Remember the old Bang & Olufsen gear? Seemed so space age at the time.

15. LionLoves420

(Gets an erection)....errr...um...

16. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

B&O gear used to always piss me off with those custom funky interconnects it was literally bus level gear though. Even back then they were using ADC's for transmission to avoid EMI quite forward thinking for it's time. Back when solid state wasn't an option but the standard. Equipment having 90lb toroidal but I was born in the 80's so I grew up digital...

17. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

When that b &o shit came on the market it was like space age compared to what everybody was useing at the time.

t6

18. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

19. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

You crack me up too much earwax:smokin::smokin::smokin:

t6