"AUTOS" Are they potent or not?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Graperoom, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Graperoom

Graperoom Germinating

So lately I've been looking at some seeds. and I've noticed that auto flowering strains contain Ruderalis. And it's known that Ruderalis is very low in THC. I think about 5 or 7% someting around there. so wouldn't the outcome be a less potent medicine? Recently a friend of mine had some buds that looked pretty good, but had no smell, it had no taste, and the weed had no effect. But the presentation was alrite. Pretty nuggety, just not sticky........AT ALL. Do you think it was maybe an auto flowering strain?

I'd love any feedback on Autos. Was considering until I noticed the whole "Ruderalis" thing. Thanks for your time, kind folks.

2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I've had some pretty potent autos. One of my wife's fav. is an auto. But every other seed of the same brand was different. But over all, the ones I've had, about a dozen or so, have been worth smoking.

3. Chaz

Chaz Excommunicated

4. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Check my grow out. There is all your answers in my signature. Second link. Good luck.

Check Chaz out too, he did great job with the rhinos. Believe that!

:-welcome-:

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I still dont "get" autos, your saving about 2 weeks for what?

IMO/E, you get less potent weed, smaller yields and the SAME trouble if you get caught for the SAME amount of work, to ME...i just do not get the purpose

We can even have a competition, ill throw in my Rhino or AK, do a timeframe comparasin and for potentcy all we can do is pics I guess

6. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

CCrete, you very correct after growing this stuff, Im really done with autos. For what 20/4 light on...the massive electric bill ...........too much$$$$$......major risk.....for what??? the small yeilds.....I rather wait 2 more months, do 12/12 lights and get 3x amount of bud and potency. CC you are 100% correct.

The electric bill killed the hopes. :good job:

And I would love to see your Rhino grow, they from GH seeds right?

7. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I have GH and Nirvana....oddly enough the Nirvana had the better phenos, the GH hermied 3 out of 6 girls and the others yields little then average, Nirvana has always been solid as far as "old school" type genetics for me

Ive dropped tons of $$$ on seeds and the cheapies always do just as well IME......i know theres tons of new strains out there tho i want and theyre stupid cash......fuck that, enjoy your "designer" strains, ill keep my regulars allllllllll the way to the bank:coolbounce::pimp:

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

My autos were freebees. I agree that for what you get, autos aren't worth it. You can't clone them so even when you get a really good one, it's one and done.

9. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

10. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

For outdoors early harvests or short growing seasons, I get it. But for indoors, just get a sativa dominant strain and go 12/12 from seed if you want to shave off some time and money on the electric bill. It'll be cheaper and easier.

11. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

I couldnt comment on potency as ive never grown any autos. Why? Because they are pointless. I have a timer.

As already mentioned above I can double my yield by controlling when my plants flower.