growing weed the poor mans way

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by fuzzybeans, May 29, 2010.

1. fuzzybeans

fuzzybeans Feed Me Seymore

i've decided on growing my plant the ' natural ' way,.. meaning i have No artificial lights, No white-washed wall-to-wall grow box/room, No exotic plant food.

just a simple pot some soil and a window ledge that gets a great deal of sunlight throughout the day ( respectively of where i live ) and tap water , as you'll see in the picture above there is of course too many in the one pot - i'd no idea Any would sprout.
    the reason i have non of the above stimulus such as lights etc is simply because i don't have the money ( stressing this fact ) now my question to you kind folks is will they survive ?? they're growing slowly but steadily and once they're bushy i should then have money saved for another pot and soil ,. and perhaps if i get a job lol i'll be able to afford - lamps, plant food etc
    any suggestions or donations a greatly appreciated

2. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Yes they will survive and grow but they will not produce weed. Its all about the light cycle. Your plants will keeping growing all year and get too big for the window cill. They will not flower until late sept early oct unless you can control the light cycle.

When they do flower you wont have enough light in Ireland to produce much, if any bud. You need a light!

Sorry

3. daytrypper

daytrypper A Fat Sticky Bud

Even shop lights or CFL lights would work better than a window sill IMHO.

You can get yourself set up easily for under $100, its worth the effort.

4. fuzzybeans

No weed,.. or just not a lot of weed?

i have spotted a light for 35 pounds ( Ilive in northern ireland so it's sterling here not euro ) so if i bought this one light,.. how would i use it? dangling it above them naturally but how many inches above ??

wouldn't they need to be in a confined cabinet of some sort? l'm thinking the light would just disperse with no effect? .. or should i concern myself with saving for more pots and soil first - to allow them space ?

which 1st light or more soil space to grow? and if a light how many inches above them should it be ( and again if a light.. should i invest in making a grow box to confine the light )

of all the weed sites & forums i've visited so far you guys seem to be the only ones who actually read my questions and seem to appreciate my financial circumstances - So thats a big Kudos to you .

Cheers

5. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

:-welcome-: to GK Fuzzybeans!

Yeah, you're gonna have to put some 'kind of light on them if you want to produce any pot to smoke... you can be crafty with this too, as to not cost you in the wallet...

Let's see... Do you have a table lamp, desk lamp, clip lamp, or shop lamp? Any light bulbs (of any kind)? How bout a box? Cardboard, plastic, rubbermade are all fine boxes. Now, how bout a bucket, empty gallon milk jug, or large tupperware bowl even?

Let us know what you have to work with, and i guarantee we will have you growin some real pot in no time!

I'll be back to check in!

Peace

-LM

6. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

:-welcome-: Eh bud not to be a dick but thats what we have the FAQ's for. Spend a day in there reading whats what and why is why and you should have a pretty good understanding on whats goin on when you grow. Its all trial and error man and error is the only way you learn. Welcom to GK home of the best home growers around lol! Now here is some good starters

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23894

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23801

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23803

So that should kinda get you started and keep looking through stuff and ull find there are alot of ways to grow some good bud.:affro:

7. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

That's what I was going to say.

:F-A-Q:

8. fuzzybeans

the faq's will assume like most of the billion sites out there that i have money for this and that,.. i know your not trying to be a dick but the mere fact of saying your not trying to be a dick ,.. (but.. ) look i'll try not to waste folks time here , ..

i really appreciate your advice lukesmommy and i have my sister giving me a lamp - probably a desktop lamp tomorrow , if you wouldn't mind maybe send me a private message so we could get a chat via email or something ,. i could send u a picture or two of the lamp and i've cleared out a cabinet under the sink,.. maybe to confine the light , .. though there isn't any air circulating , perhaps leaving the door ajar ??

9. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

You can grow weed with a big card board box and 6 or 7 energy saving light bulbs. Im not saying you'll pull loads of the stuff but it will be nice bud. Look up some of the CFL grows in the gallery. Its not expensive to set up.

10. NOTthatTIGER

NOTthatTIGER Developed Alternating Nodes

NORTHERN IRELAND!!!!!

GK, this man, (or otherwise endowed creature, of the soft and sweet type) needs our help!!

ok, n.ireland...think farming...think warm,and light...and i might think of getting those sprouts into seperate cups, or whatnot, before they get too many roots...VERY GENTLY

but if you don get light to them soon, they will start stretching....alot, and then, my friend, you will have REAL problems, and will most likely kill 'em, and have to start over....Q:how long did it take to get those seeds together?....

slow down a little, and go down south, and get a few pillow cases of sheep shit...start learning how to make your own nutes.. i'll bet farmers in the south would let you have as much as you want for cheap, if not for free..

part of the reason i am growing weed, ..economics, and civil disobedience.

look at getting a smaall /med T5 set up, (high output flouros, i love mine!)or HPS, but yer gonna need at least a few hundred watts of light to get stuff to flower.

fans, street lights, that's right mate fuck it, steal a few street lights, (HPS in irish street lights?)....maybe a gymnasium...ok, maybe not steal anything.....

you are broke, i get it, i am here for moral support! (i have had to do some ghetto shit to make my grow a reality, but i keep at it.. if i had a cam, i could show you pics, so you can see, that if i can, you can!,

i have shit in flowering about 5 weeks in, and they ar gettin' sticky!!!

i had to spend 250 on my light, (6 lamp x 4 foot) but i found out i over paid, ...do the research, look for the cheapest shit you can get yer hands on, and build your own stuff as often as possible.

the longer i keep at this, the better i am getting at scavenging around for the stuff i need, i have 2 air pumps, another shop light, bubble stones, little hose, and all sorts of binding shit, like paper clics, wire ties, door stops(to make my pots sit level in the bathtub in which they live) empty milk jugs to collect water, ...the list of free shit goes on, and on...try not to steal shit, i guess...after all, it's against the law...:roffl:

oh, one more thing... weed grows best in places, ....well.....that are NOTHING like ireland, so, it is, in effect, like growing weed on the moon.

but that never stopped any of us.

good luck!:flyy::flyy:

11. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

^^^^ Yeah, that! ^^^^

But make sure you cut some holes in it for ventilation.

12. NOTthatTIGER

NOTthatTIGER Developed Alternating Nodes

:roffl::roffl: it's not a fuckin' house pet, lolZZ:potleaf-3::potleaf-3:

13. AlienBait

True it's not a pet, but it will get awfully hot in there with the lights on and no air flow. :potleaf-3:

14. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:angry7: About as not cool as it gets. At least you backtracked Tiger. Growers don't steal. It's the same as being a ripper.

Fuzzy- Get some solid color plastic pint cups and transplant those seedlings into individual cups as soon as they show their first set of serrated leaves. When you transplant bury most of the stem up to the leaves. That will help with any early stretching. If you can scrape up a few quid get some CFL's (the highest actual wattage you can find) and a few of the cheapest clip on table lamps you can find. In the U.S. we have Dollar stores that sell these lamps for a buck or two.

Once you do that you'll have a month or two to decide how you want to proceed. Whether it be buying a cheap HPS or going with a heavily jogged CFL grow to get a few grams of your own toke.

The way I see it is you need to cheaply get the plants safe and healthy to buy time and decide what to do when they get bigger.

cheers,

15. fuzzybeans

i wasn't prepared for my plea of assistance to be so well precipitated .

Cheers

i wouldn't say i'm into Naturism but just to let things happen naturally , - above should be a picture of the street lamp outside ( which ought to be a foot away from from the window ). it's just below ,

that should help. ?

enjoyed the comment about growing it on the moon, i have a venus fly trap sitting next to it reminds me of the venus fly trap i have sitting next to it ( which is flowering for a second time from another 5inch stalk this year and i've recently cultivated two new seedlings with her ) .. yeah i appreciate all forms of life even the difficult ones.

the nutes and the farming reference is new to me and thanks for the suggestion for the pillow case of sheeps dung but i took it bed with me once before on the basis it be good for the plant to inhale my breath,.. well it made sense in my head but was very messy.

so i'll wait a little longer till they've expanded and then individualise them ,

16. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl:

Um no.

17. fuzzybeans

yeah,.. not sure how i change my main profile picture ,.. if you look over my profile and you'll see it there

18. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Maybe it's just me, but I'd never put lights in a cardborad box or anything else combustable.

19. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Well, yeah, BUT you CAN "force" a 12/12 cycle when the plants are six to eight weeks old by taking them out of the window and putting them in a dark closet for 12 hours, then back to the window for 12 hours of light.

I think you will get some smokable buds! Maybe not big huge ones, but hey...small buds work fine, too. Go ahead and give it a shot....ya got nothing to lose. I grew one plant outdoors, but in a spot that got mostly shade. It did produce, but the buds were half the size of my "sunny" plants. However the potency was the same. Let us know how you do.

Dixie

20. AlienBait

CFLs are not hot enough to ignite cardboard.... I think....

Hmmm.... Sounds like an experiment that needs to be tried...