R.I.P. Ranger

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by Mermaid, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Well would have posted this in Smokers but being he loved outdoor growing and helped many in this particular forum, I felt it best to place this thread here. RD who was a member here for many years recently passed away from a brain tumor.
    He was very umm set in his ways and some did not know how to take him but he did have knowledge and knew his shit on outdoor growing plus lots of other grow info. He loved mother nature and was a old hippy with some crazy ass stories. Loved weed and loved chicks....I am sure he is smoking a fattie in his next life by a campfire in the sky with a bunch of nakie men and women. He was truly a hippie and loved being in the woods naked....hahah I remember some of his stories and that was his passion besides a good argument in politics. Ya either loved him or hated him but I think we can all say he knew how to grow and helped lots of people on this board among many other forums as well. He was banned from many due to being cranky or bickering.....but always came back and people did respect him as did I. I mean how can you not have respect for a dude who really really loved to help people grow and I had advice on growing from him as well. I think he could have wrote a book on growing and most will tell you he had passion for helping people grow what he loved as we all do.
    RangerDanger.......here is to you and hope you are enjoying your next life. For some reason I think you may be a plant growing in the woods.....I believe we all come back in animal, human, plant form....spirits carry on.
    Hopefully your sitting by a campfire right now in this universe smoking the biggest fattie or passing the bong! :animbong:

R.I.P. RD.......this one is for you!! Passing the eternal bong in the sky to you and all the other members we have lost here at GK and we have lost quite a few over the years. I am sure you are all sharing stories in that big ganja sky. You, Phillyboy and HerbalMan are prolly having a GK reunion. Here is a salute to you and all the other fine members who are no longer with us......:animbong::animbong::animbong::animbong:

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Sticky Skunky Buds

R.I.P bro, may peace be with you! Those are very nice and kind words Mermaid. He sure would be proud of you.

3. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

Nice

Well said. I did not know him, but I sure wish him the best.

4. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Please understand...No disrespect...

I've not seen so much as one post from RD but I have this incredible feeling of De Javu (sp?) about this... I mean incredible enough to ask how long ago he passed because I KNOW I've seen an "RIP" thread about this guy...maybe on another forum, but I really don't go elsewhere often.

Have I in fact "smoked myself retarded"?

No disrespect to Mermaid or Ranger Danger, the former has much respect and if she vouches for the later, I'm willing to give respect on Mermaids endorsement.

I'm just feeling like I must be crazy... I'm fairly drunk but I don't think I'm completely crazy.

Grat

5. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Grat, It was alittle while back. It's been on many other MJ boards. You are not crazy.

RIP Ranger. Never met ya, but I've heard some interesting stories.

6. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Grat: It was talked about in another thread, but this is the first official one about his passing I've seen.

Packing a piece for his peace. We may not all get to toke together in this life, but I sure as hell hope there is a stoner heaven out there for us all to meet.

I agree mermaid, about the spirit moving on, or hope I agree, or am right, our energy goes somewhere, and stoner heaven for me is just making the circle back to this incredible experience we call life, vegetative or otherwise.

7. taipau

taipau Excommunicated

Nizar should read this, may make him humble up a bit.

first you went off on me, and even thought i was a guy, then you blew me off cause I had not even posted any pics yet, people that have lived to be 30, 40 , 45, 55, 65, and even older, will always be wiser most of the times, then anyone that has just turned 18, so a word to the wise. Respect your elders, for they will not be here long to teach you the things you want to learn, I did not knwo this man, but I have been surrounded by death earlier in the year, so it happens to all of us.

I am tryly sorry for your loss on this board by this man that has passed away.

I can not stand to be judged on my appearance alone, let alone a paragraph of words.

Rest In Peace, maybe he is talking with my gurdian angels, and my mother.

who died when she was 49, so even if I live another 8 months then I will have surpassed my own mum.

8. skunkrnaught

skunkrnaught Flying magic hemp carpet

Rip

I never had the pleasure of meeting RD, RIP hope he finds his way to the big smoke cloud in the sky

9. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

I remember RD.......He was a cocky S.O.B. :new_cussing: .........but still had good info, and many a story to tell.He was also on the GK lunchbox!Here's one for the Ranger: :animbong:

gk lbRD.JPG

/monthly_2008_07/57a6c9b716323_gklbRD.JPG.2379301e538682c7443a9a697cc7f257.JPG

10. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Ranger was a good man and friend. He will be missed by all. Even the people that disagreed with him, have to have respect for him. He was great guerilla grower and a hippie to the bone.

He died last year, and there are threads on a couple forums.

He decided rather than waste away for a couple of months in a hosptial on debilitating medicines, he would go out on his terms. So, being the hippie he was, he took a walk into the woods. He took his rifle with him, and simply did not come back out. That is ranger in a nutshell.

Peace to you my brother.

11. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

:confused:...who went off on you? I think you have me confused with someone else?? Even if you are referring to another member then this is still not the place or time to bring that up. Let's give respect and put that aside or take it to a PM. Thanks! :)

Useless ..you oould not have have said it better as he was a hippie to the bone. The woods was his home, his passion and where he found his peace in life. I believe no matter how feisty or even cocky he could be....deep down he really just wanted people to read and learn how to grow good weed. Also think deep down he had heart....lol he just liked to mess with newbies and or acted all grumpy until he put them to the test. Really think he just wanted them to read ...read and read up on growing and when a person did not want to try then yah it got him upset. ;) Sometimes I think he also just loved a good debate in the politics forum or a good argument. He did not go as hard on the ladies of this board....well at times Mary but I know he had respect for her as how could you not. She is a damn fine grower and I liked when she put him in place...hhee I know you were close to him and ty for giving us the correct facts as so many people on many forums were not sure or you heard this and that but I am happy he went out in this world in a place he truly loved which was his woods. Watch him come back as a deer who loves to munch on everyones grow. :) He spent his life trying to find every way to get them to not eat it so maybe now he can roam the woods as one and have a field day. He will be one stoned deer :) Me and him had many convos on those pesky deer which yah I love but not when they chow down on my grow or gardens.

Anywhos....he will come back as either an animal, plant or something he loved as this I am sure of. My dad always says he will come back as a plant or a tree and like RD he too is so into his woods and nature I am sure he will as well. I want to come back and live in water.....maybe even a frog or turtle but whether one believes in that or not is a matter of opinion which I respect. Cycle of life is I believe in and we are only living in a shell of the beauty within.

Thanks again all for your kind words and paying your respect .....:animbong: Peace

Peace~mermaid

12. Hawaii 50

Hawaii 50 Veggy Stage

R.I.P. rd.here is a toke to you bro....:passit: :passit:

13. Kind Cola

Kind Cola Loves White Rino

Yea I remember RangerDanger,, Dont get him started in the politics form WOW,, LOL Yea he was a true Gurellia grower... RIP Ranger

14. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Fuck me, Ranger was an old time member!

That sucks, He knew his shit!

15. hygrade

hygrade _________________________

plenty from him in the faq,that says a load to me.didn't have the pleasure of knowing him butthis morning's blunt is dedicated to the ranger,hygrade

16. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Yea, Ranger could sure ruffle some feathers, especially when it came to politics. Although he and I agreed on most political stuff. Ideologies, freedom, independemce, autonomy. He could draw some "far out" conclusions, but that is just the hippie he was. And with his far out conclusions, and stick to your guns mentality, I know he rubbed people the wrong way here. Mary is a prime example. But I also know, that if you logically debated a topic with him, without "gettin pissy" as he liked to say, that earned his respect.

As for him being a grumpy ol man, thats not so. He just got frustrated by people who simply didnt read the most basic of information, or those who try to hard to over complicate things. We had numerous conversations about it. He always asked me how I could be so patient with some people who seemed to try to fuck thinhgs up. LMAO. He didn't tolerate stupidity very well.

I remember back in '02-'03 I sent him an 1/8th of trainwreck so he could compare it to his plants. He wasnt sure if his were legit cuts or not. I swear, everytime I spoke to him after that, he thanked me. He was soo appreciative of a lil bud, and that someone would actually go out of their way to help someone else they did not know. He was a good man. He had a huge heart. He was a good friend.

All the outdoor growers would do well to read his posts.

17. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

you said it man, he used to be the bread and butter of the outdoor forum...a true outdoor guru with a fat old greenthumb :) we can only thank him for all the work he put into this site, he helped and inspired a lot of peoples to grow good outdoor

I wish him a pleasant journey :)

18. taipau

taipau Excommunicated

is this worthy of a red dot on my rep board?

not sure who did it but I got a red dot, squre whatever from someone who said i would not be welcomed here anylonger, if i kept this up.

Im taking my weed, and going home.