New Law--Watch Yur Flaming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hairy Hemphill, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Hairy Hemphill

Hairy Hemphill Veggy Stage

It's illegal to annoy.
    A new federal law states that when you annoy someone on the Internet, you must disclose your identity. Here's the relevant language.

"Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Indentify yourself mister! [​IMG]

3. Oxycotin

Oxycotin Full Flowering

**** them I'll piss off whoever i want when ever i want, fuckin Republican tight asses...damn

4. Hairy Hemphill

Hairy Hemphill Veggy Stage

I cut n pasted that in toto froma news blog I was perusing a few hours ago.

I'd never heard of the law. It was hidden in another "must pass" bill, and likely went unnoticed/misunderstood by most who passed it on a voice vote.

Personally, I think if they enforce it there will be LOTS more prisons needed.

I'm also wondering what the legal definition of "annoy" is?

It's subjective--what annoys one may not annoy another.

For instance, if a guy tells a woman she has "a great ass" he could be charged with sexual harrassment; if a woman tells a man the same thing he'll walk around with a smile the rest of the day.

5. Oxycotin

Oxycotin Full Flowering

^^^WORD most sexual harrasment is bullllllllllshit, just like this new law, don't worry though there'll be a million more.